Soul Crush Study - Flashing Red Bar

Raph has a ton of good ones, but if I had to choose a few...
236B
11B
66A
22B
4B
6B+K
3A
66A+B
WSA
8A+B
22AA either hit (or both)
8B

Prep A+B, 236B, 11B
66A
66B, 2A+B
WS B (long range)
4B, 4A
22B, 33B, 6B+K
66A+B, WS B (close range - not 100% positive about this one, it might be a little better or worse than here)

raphs from best to worst

I'm under the impression that GI takes a huge chunk out of someone's Soul Gauge. So if the opponent goes into panic mode and becomes more predictable, more bad news for them.

For Nightmare, I found that stringing together multiple NSS [A] together works well, especially if you train your opponent to think that you'll try to interrupt with one of NM's fast but punishable moves out of NSS. Same thing goes for GS B6 over and over again.

Also all of his GB moves out of a Soul Charge work well against someone with a flashing bar, 'cause the opponent just can't sit there and block until it's safe anymore, consequently making him/her more susceptible to his options.

16 repel GIs will CF from start (blue-green). JI does not do any extra damage. parry GIs replenish your own gauge rather than depleting the opponents, and 10 parry GIs will fill your gauge from start.

edit: oh yeah, and AGIs like raphs 4A+B count too.

I noticed this in practice mode the other day, I had been practicing combos for a while and noticed that my opponents soul gauge was cracked, similar to after a soul crush, even though he hadn't blocked a single move, does anyone if this is normal or does it only occur in practice mode?

cracked gauge means that theyve been soul crushed once already. this does not have any affect on the gameplay as far as i can tell. some people have said that they take more gauge damage after its been cracked but i havent found any evidence to support this, so i believe that theyr just assuming the reset point is equal to the start point (which its not - reset point is ~25% less than start)

cracked gauge means that theyve been soul crushed once already. this does not have any affect on the gameplay as far as i can tell. some people have said that they take more gauge damage after its been cracked but i havent found any evidence to support this, so i believe that theyr just assuming the reset point is equal to the start point (which its not - reset point is ~25% less than start)

If I remember correctly, if a piece of armor has been broken, the soul orb is cracked too. I believe this is remnant from the old soul gauge system (armor only broke from soul crush).

If I remember correctly, if a piece of armor has been broken, the soul orb is cracked too. I believe this is remnant from the old soul gauge system (armor only broke from soul crush).
Thanks, I was wondering about this.

Also... the soul gauges are tug-of-war like. Meaning that GI aren't the only thing to replenish it. Do more damage to your opponent and it starts to replenish, although it seems to come back much slower than it depletes.

For instance I was flashing red, then landed a nice 'panic' string, and my bar stopped, and theirs started flashing.

But i bet you all knew that, anyway.

good catch - i forgot about that XD

if you cant tell - i dont pay much attention to the gauge...

I didn't see them earlier so I'd like to add:

Setsuka
22_88BB The second B is really dangerous as it hits High so this isn't the best choice, but it does hurt the gauge pretty significantly.

Sophitia
236B
236236B Both do about as much as 4B+K. 236236B is a little safer (and hurts a heck of a lot more if it lands). They come out pretty quick too in case you know they've only got one shot left. But again dangerous as sin.

Most of the good ones have been posted already though.

How many hits or how much damage is needed to completely leave a subject Soul Crushed once their gauge starts to glow red. If I knew exactly just when it happened I would have an easier time doing the final finisher. Is it dependent on the character or is there a set amount of health for everyone once the gauge glows red. Astaroth is my main now by the way.

For Raphael, I've also found 22 or 88 BB to be pretty good with soul gauge damage. It's how I've gotten most of my soul crushes

Nice I was gonna start a thread like this. Good to see you peeps think of everything.

I'll add CF fishers you'll likely see for Yun, Zas, and Tira.

Yun - 6A+B, JUMP B, 66B (6BB isn't reliable since it's balanced the way it is)

Zas - 4B+K, JUMP B, 6BA, 66B+K

Tira - 6B, JUMP B, WS B, GS 3kA, JS 3K

I love the way they balanced this system. Basically if you don't wanna get CFed sidestep more. Then your horizontals start to hit more. I appreciate the complexities a flashing gauge comes with.

Nice I was gonna start a thread like this. Good to see you peeps think of everything.

I love the way they balanced this system. Basically if you don't wanna get CFed sidestep more. Then your horizontals start to hit more. I appreciate the complexities a flashing gauge comes with.

lol doesn't work for raph.

Yoshi -

66A+B, DRGA, DRGB,4A,A,A,A,A, 6K2K, 66,B

The last B usually does soul crush.... Also on nightmare it takes yoshi just two Blocked 44B~A's to soul crush... :)

Sorry Djinn. >_< Corrections:

- 66A+B, DGF B, 4B all Break in 10
- 33B B+K breaks in 7-8 (I don't recall the exact number).
- Despite popular belief, DGF A does not work the SG at all.
- 66B and 66 is a bit unsafe, so I'm not sure if tourney level Yoshis will use it. Also breaks in 10, I believe.
- 6K2K is stupidly unsafe on block. Not sure on how quickly this will break gauge. Will do some testing.

So, expect to see 66A+B, DGF B, 4B, and 33B B+K from Yoshi players.

just FYI...

You have enough time after a major soul crush to taunt before hitting ABKG... I did it the other night. It was the ultimate win.

If you're fishing for a soul crush, you should be using single powerful moves that are difficult to GI and Step.. you WANT the opponenet to guard them.

With Maxi, 66B+K is ideal, as it does extreme soul guage dmg and it doesn't lead into a stance, also it's pretty safe with the pushback.

When my meter is flashing red, I'm always going for 1_4G parries to get it back in the green.

Back