Soul Edge & Soul Calibur: The Lost Blades of Onoris

Aeon014

[09] Warrior
Alright everyone, after a lot of thinking I've decided to get back into the writing game and I am starting my new story now. To start off it takes place in an AU and is completely comprised of original characters that I've made. So with out further delay I present the prologue to my story. I hope you enjoy it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Edge & Soul Calibur: The Lost Blades of Onoris

Prologue

Transcending history and the world... A tale has been told... A tale of souls and swords... Eternally retold...

Year: Unknown
Time: Unknown

"RAGHHHHHHHH!!"

"HRAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

*CLANG*

Two voices rang through the air. Two blades clashed.

There in the middle of a barren wasteland stood two figures, locked in combat. One wielded a sword and a shield the other wielded a massive blade.

Green eyes burning with determination and hurt stared into red eyes filled with malice and anger. After a few seconds passed the two figures swiftly jumped away from each other, their eyes not breaking from the others.

"Why..." Whispered the green eyed figure. "Why did you betray us brother?!" He shouted.

"Why?" His brother repeated. "Because it is my fate brother! Father left me this blade to cleanse this world and that's what I intend to do!" He hefted the large sword in front of him. It's sickly flesh like color glowed red with darkness. The middle of the blade opened up revealing a a bright yellow eye that stared at the younger brother.

"This sword..." The man said. "Shall be the one to cleanse the world of all corruption!"

The young man stared at his brother in surprise. "You plan to cleanse this world by destroying it? What about the humans?! Do they not matter anymore?!"

The elder brother smiled before letting out a insane cackle, "HYAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my poor delusional little brother. The humans were always an expendable race. It was only a matter of time before dad did the same thing that I'm about to do."

He gestured is hand to the barren wasteland around him and his brother. "This area you see before you is proof of how destructive the humans are." He then fixed a harsh glare on to his brother. "It was amusing to watch the humans destroy themselves but now it's gotten out of hand. Why father didn't do this years ago still confuses me."

"But the humans have also done a lot for this world! Do you not remember how they helped during the war against the Regina?! They sacrificed their lives so that we could win that war!" The younger of the two shouted.

"Tch!" The elder brother scoffed. "Maybe so, but what they're doing now is a disgrace! Because of that war the humans think they have the power to take control of the world from the Domini. You, me and our master are the last of the Domini... We can not let our race become extinct due the arrogance of the humans!" He shouted before slamming his sword into the ground.

The impact created a large quake that shook the wasteland. Fire rose from the ground and made it's way toward the younger of the two brothers. The young man raised his sword and shield before him and stabbed the blade into the ground.

Ice like crystals erupted from the blade and shot forward towards the approaching wave of fire before colliding.

A large explosion shook the land. Dust swirled around the two brothers as they glared at each other.

The elder brother grabbed his blade and dashed forward towards his younger brother. "If you stand in my way then you are traitor to our kind!" He shouted as he raised his sword over his head. "I will not stand for traitors!"

The younger brother ran forward as well, bringing up is shield and sword in the process. "The only traitor here brother is you!" He yelled.

The two clashed once again. Their blades danced off each other as they fought.

"How dare you..." The elder brother said. "How dare you call me a traitor?! I'm the one who is trying to save this world and you have gall to call me a traitor! I'll make you suffer for even thinking that brother!" He brought his sword downwards hoping to harm his brother.

The younger brother brought his shield up in time to block the attack but he began to lose his footing under the weight of the massive blade. He quickly pushed his shield to the left, bringing his brother's blade with it. The blade slammed against the ground again causing another wave of fire to shoot out, nearly scorching the younger brother.

The younger brother slashed upwards with his sword and managed to get a clean hit across his brother's face.

Wincing from the shallow cut across his face the elder brother grabbed his sword with both hands and swung it around his body. This allowed him to hit his brother in the chest with the blunt end of his blade and send him flying.

The younger brother bounced across the wasteland before skidding to a halt. He rose up and held his chest in pain as he tried to regain his breath. The two brothers stared at each other again, their eyes filled with determination to stop each other.

The elder brother took his blade in hand held it skyward. Lightning shot out of the clouds and struck the sword causing it to burst into flames. A red aura surrounded him before exploding in a large shock wave.

The younger brother ran his hand along his sword and closed his eyes. An icy blue aura surrounded him and let loose an explosion of ice and crystals.

When the dust cleared the two brothers stood before each other once again.

They charged at each one last time, shouting at each other as they closed in on one another.

And then... it was done...

The younger brother stood there, his stomach and chest, skewered by his brother's blade. His own sword was lodged deep within his brother's throat.

Blood poured out of their wounds as well as their mouths as they tried to hold onto what little life they had left.

"*Cough* Damn you...*Hack*" The elder brother spat out. "You stand in my way and now you kill me? What a horrible brother you are."

The younger brother let out a hollow chuckle before saying, "Me? Look at yourself brother. *Hack* You've done many terrible things and yet you call me a horrible brother?"

The elder brother snarled before he was hit by another wave of coughing. “*Cough* *Cough* *Hack* Damn you brother.” He uttered as he closed his eyes and stopped breathing.

The younger brother closed his eyes in sorrow before tilting his head skyward. With his final breath he whispered, “Forgive me father. For I could not save him.”

As the two brothers passed away their bodies began to turn to dust. The elder brother's body became black ash while the younger one's became white crystals. As their bodies disintegrated their dust began to swirl around their respective swords before melding with them in a bright light.

-------------------------------

From far away a lone figure watched in the distance with a grim and sorrowful look on their face before they began to make their way to the battlefield. As the figure approached the two glowing blades he reached out and touched them. The blades began to glow brightly at the touch, before fading.

When a member of the Domini race is killed in battle, their spirits do not pass over to the heavens. Their spirits instead, meld with their weapon and can only be wielded again by those who they deem worthy.” The figure whispered. “Even in death we do not leave our weapons behind, for they are extensions of ourselves and we are an extension of them. Forever bound to the battlefield... That is our way of life. For we are Domini...

And in a sudden burst of wind, the dust from the wasteland swirled around the figure and the blades. And when the dust cleared... They were gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well there it is you guys tell me what you think. Is it bad, good, or just plain god awful?

Back