Soul Gauge Damage

mikosu

Goderator of pink hearts
All attacks taking more than 20 are omitted.

x8
6BA (8.5)

x9
6A+B[ B ]
4B+K (9.5)
66A+B

x10
6B
FC 3B
11_44_77B
11_44_77B4
33_99B
33_99B4
6A+BB (10.3)
66B+K

x12
2B+K
2[B+K]

x13

x14
3B
3B4
8_9B
WS B
WS B6
A+K

x15
1BBA (15.3)

x16
Sliding

x17
1AB (17.5)

x18
WS A4
7B
22_88A
22_88B

x19
BB
BB4
bK (19.5)
b:K (19.5)
1BB
66BB
6A+B

Zasalamel is horrendous at doing soul gauge damage, and even worse recovering from it. You would think that one of the biggest guys in the cast could break guard a little faster than say, Amy.

Sometimes I wonder what these development teams are going through to make some things the way they are.

Sometimes I wonder what these development teams are going through to make some things the way they are.

I think it's kinda funny.

In Dark Age of Camelot, made by americans, the scythe weapon deals extremely high damage per hit.

In Guild Wars and SCIV, both asian, the scythe is seen as a weapon that should deal low damage per hit.

T'was my useless post of the day.

For such a burly looking weapon, it sure seems useless...

You know, as bad as Zasalamel is, if his pulls could rip up the soul gauge, he actually could be a viable character.

Lol sorry guys I wasn't finished. I'm posting from my PS3 so it took a bit but I'm finishing up the first post now.

I think Zas has one of the best CF games. I rarely have a match where the opponent isn't flashing at least once. 6B/6AB and 4B+K are your best friends.

Alright! Completely finished. Now most of you should be surprised that the big man has potential. Definitely opened my eyes.

I dont know how you can instill fear into someone using 6AB when both hits are high and the second hit can be ducked and punished. Good for pressure. Unless its online.

When you play Zasalamel, getting them into the red is a bonus. Not the goal at hand.

The more I play Zas, better I think he is at soul damage. He doesn't have the strongest soul-crushing moves on paper, but I think he has some of the most practical SG moves-- especially against mid/short ranged or slow characters. 4B+K and 6BA chew up the SG fast. Throw in a few GIs or JIs and a 44K now and then and you can really force someone into scary situation. 33B is pretty nice too.

If anything, these moves will force people into fear-stepping, which, isn't exactly great for Zas, but it still creates openings. I think he's one of the few characters who can actually gun for a CF as part of a strategy to loosen up someone's defense without really putting himself in danger. GI -> blocked 6B/6BA whoo!!!.

@ Art: Yeah 6AB is pretty trash, it's only real benefit is its tendency to catch step, though I wouldn't use it for this purpose. Also, I disagree that getting people red is just a bonus. It can be the goal against someone who plays very tight, i.e. you. After those two CFs during our session you definitely loosened-up and our matches were much more fluid and fun.

6AB works best after several "empty" 6A attempts. As does 6A+B_6A+BB_6A+B and 1A_1AB.

His canned strings give him so much more depth. I still dont get why they removed the second hit of a few of his attacks.

I want this argument settled because I'm interested myself actually: DOES ZAS do good or bad CF damage?

As a Raphael/Voldo mainer, I know my character's are pretty good at crushing, but what about Zas boy?

I want this argument settled because I'm interested myself actually: DOES ZAS do good or bad CF damage?

As a Raphael/Voldo mainer, I know my character's are pretty good at crushing, but what about Zas boy?

Yeah, Zas' can definitely put pressure on the SG. Mainly because of practicality of 4B+K which is safe in most situations and pretty good SG damage. 6B is also very strong and has phat range. 33B, 44B, 44K, and FC3B are strong too, but very linear.

if you mix correclty 6AB with his other double mid, you will no one who will attempt to duck it. Especially 4B+K and BB.

Zasalamel has one of the best soul gauge game, cause he can actually make you guard twice or 3 time, so don't forgot this.

4B+K, 6BA, BB4 and 33B if used in your main gameplay will give a red soulgauge quicky.

Example : 4B+K (blocked) -> BB will be non interuptable if dash.
So opponnent have to block the two or retreat.

Btw Mikosu: where is 66A+B on this list? It's his best CF finisher, when opponnent is red sparking, he just have to block it and die, or die.

Good eye Hayate. Dunno how I missed it but it crushes in 9 blocks.

EDIT: Currently rechecking these numbers. Found something interesting. There's a bug with 6B+K that lets it crush in 19 on some characters. X and Raph so far.

EDIT 2: All numbers corrected.

Back