Soul Gauge Study v1.03

Hudathan

[09] Warrior
Number of moves needed to achieve soul crush.

4 - 3~BBB:B (soul crush off next block), 44A~BBB:B (soul crush off next block)
5 - FC 3BB (soul crush off next block), 22~BB/B:B (soul crush off next block)
7 - 3~BBB
8 - 22ABB (22AB itself is negligible), 11B, Prep A+B, SEB B
9 - 2A+B
10 - 236B, 2nd part of FC 3BB, 22B, 66B
11 - 3~BB (soul crush off next block after the 11th 3), 33B, VE BB/B:B
12 - FC 3B
13 - 4B, WS B, 6B+K, A+BA (soul crush off next block), 66A+B, 2nd part of VE B:B
15 - 4A, BB (soul crush off next block), 2B, 3B, 66A, 44AB (soul crush off next block), SEA B
16 - 9K, 66K, 44K, 33K:B, Prep K:K
18 - WS A
20 - 3A, 9A, 6K, 44B, SEB A
21 - VE K
40 - 33KB (soul crush off next block), Prep BB/B (soul crush off next block)

Updated with data on the variations of his common moves/chains.

The last hit of VE BB as well as prep BBB:B do the same amount of soul gauge damage as 236B ?

VE B:B ..the 2nd hit takes about 13ish hits ..

But man..if anyone blocks the entire 22~VE BB they lose quite a bit of soul gauge (though be prepared to eat damage )

It's time to refresh this thread because lately I've been especially crucial of Raphael's high SG damage, ever since making the topic about it in the General forum.

Prep A+B is decent, but it's about as safe as a coked out angry dentist, SEB B is great, and 11B I don't think is safe....but I never seem to get punished for it unless it whiffs.

SEA B you'll be getting quite often vs any character that can lock down prep, 236B is practically safe and any careful opponent may be forced to block this a few times.

I don't know....maybe I'm getting excited over nothing, but I'm considering a new offensive strategy we're we are intentionally abusing the safer, high SG damage moves, forcing opponents to take more offensive risks like GIing too often or using faster but easily steppable moves. Then you revert to prep game or the more evasive, pokey Raphael that we all know and love.

I know Trolt's talked about 11B abuse for that, but what about his other options that plenty of us are doing? SEA B/236B should be a mainstay in anyone's arsenal, I abuse A+B, A on CH or block until they start to GI/punish me for it, WS B? EVERYONE uses that.

This is a call to All Raphael players, Raphael's CF is a badass vampire bite, and Raphael's VE throw is a badass vampire bite that DRAINS LIFE.

Represent these moves out there, everytime I'm in a room and I get these off, everyone's either laughing or saying "OH HELL NAH HE GOT YOU DOG". As soon as new players see me pick Raphael, I already hear the talking because they're never used to seeing a Raphael player, and then when the match starts and I start poking and stepping around the ring, you hear the other players watching laughing and praising........

it really makes playing Raphael all worth while ;_;.......

::accepts Oscar::

Ruiner

lol ok so 2 things

Repeated 3B DO stack up, hell even 66A and 4A do good SG dmg for moves that don't look it.

22B does the same SG damage as 236B, and the good thing is that, at decent range, you can through out repeated 22~VE B just to mess with them, as long as you threaten with a 22A once in a while to keep them still.

It's the moves that look unassuming (not your heavy hitters) that start to whittle their SG, THEN you whip out the 11B/66A+B and they go "OOO NOOO better attack at disadvantage i don't want no vampire teeth in my throat)

When I get home I'm going to put every single move up there, as far as I'm able to anyway.

What would also be helpful, Huda, is a list of how many of the stronger moves it takes once they start flashing...

If anybody has some extra time

that number might be a bit misleading since the soul gauge damage you've taken up to that point of flashing will vary depending on the move.

say for example, to get to flashing you have to be at 10 (arbitrary number) and move X does 1 bit of soul damage per block so after 10 blocks you'll have them flashing. but if move Y does say 1.1 you'll probably get them flashing at the same time as move X but will probably CF them sooner.

I guess that could be worked around by getting the training dummy to the point before flashing, and then slowly chip the gauge away with one of the weaker attacks. Definitely not perfect, but it should provide a more accurate estimate. I guess that would add a little more work to an already tedious task...

What would also be helpful, Huda, is a list of how many of the stronger moves it takes once they start flashing...

If anybody has some extra time
What everyone already said. It's gonna have to come down to playing experience bro.

I was just looking for general numbers to keep in mind...

I certainly understand how the game works ;-) I just only get to play it about an hour / wk so I always look for as much info as possible

I did some quick testing for flashing red numbers, they are more or less comparable to the numbers in the OP. I used 5 11B attacks and then 4 6B attacks to get to flashing red.

From flashing red to CF:

2 - 11B, Prep A+B
3 - 2A+B, 236B, 22B, 66B, WS B (2 of these must be tip range)
4 - 66A+B, SEA B, 3B, WS B
6 - WS A

I don't know if tip range affects any other move besides WS B, I just remember someone mentioned it does more SG damage at tip so I tested it out.

KYPER, Thanks much for that quick blinking red to CF numbers, I love you fellow vampire fanboys.

REMEMBER THESE NUMBERS, seriously, I'm kinda requesting here, as a pretty decent group of Raphael players that we ARE, we start implementing this into our game more.

Ruiner

I got my 100 CF achievement thingy before i got my 20 JI one. :D

Funny story: I got both mine at the same time. I JI'd someones unblockable, of all things, which put them into Soul Crush, as well. One of my best moments!

I've still haven't CF'd anyone decent yet. Good players if I win, it's almost always by damage, never CF. sigh...;_;......

Ruiner

i dont want to make a new thread for this and i'm not sure where to ask it, but what exactly is VE,A+G?
it know its a grab and it changes when you bite females, but whats with the regaining life?
is it always such a short bit?

Back