Soulcalibur 1 released for Android!

Recently, Soulcalibur 1 had been released for Android without us noticing! It will bring back most, if not all features of the original Soulcalibur. If you are a fan of the old Soulcalibur games, you'll love that you can take with you wherever you go and play whenever you want!

This will be a must-buy for you! It can be bought for $6.67 (£4.14) and is available on the Google Play Store.

Update: The price of $6.67 is just a special discount and it ends in two weeks!
**** Diverse set of game modes *****

- ARCADE BATTLE
 The original battle mode from the arcade version “SOULCALIBUR”.
 Defeat all enemies and make it to the end.

- TIME ATTACK
 How fast can you beat the game?

- SURVIVAL
With only a limited amount of life, how many opponents can you defeat?

- EXTRA SURVIVAL
  How many opponents can you defeat without taking any damage?

- MUSEUM
  Enjoy viewing a variety of artwork

- PRACTICE
 Grasp the game’s basics and perfect your technique.

**** Game Features *****

- 19 character roster!
- All character moves faithfully recreated!
- A new virtual game pad that has been fine-tuned specifically for fighting games.
The button layout is just as you remember it!

With all its modes... I think its worth the $6.67

Samurai Shodown 2 "was" about the same price (I dont remember well) but doesnt have half of the content and modes Soul Calibur 1 has. Now I checked and has a discount for a limited time ($3.46) And... you can play it on mame since forever. But well, its the only example I know.

We still play SC on dreamcast until today, Team Battle 8 vs 8 all random XD. But I dont know, I want to play it too while I wait for the bus or while at work...

£4.14 (~$6.70)
Who put the britbong in charge of writing front page articles for a US website? It's $6.67 (£4.14).

Anyway this gives me a good excuse to try out my OTG adapter with my controller. Hopefully the Android drivers are up to par.

Seems like they just ported the iOS version (which runs at a nice and constant 60fps). Has anyone tried it yet? How's the framerate?

I noticed slowdown on only one stage so far. It's nice to have a soul calibur game on my tablet. Worth it.

Is it twisted if I think this looks better on my phone then overly shiney SC2 HD on my xbox? Just sayin.. :P

[notice]The $6.67 price is a special discount lasting only for the first two weeks of its release. It's been 4 days as of this post–Don't put off buying it for too long![/notice]

So I got this a few days ago and it's pretty great. There's one major problem with it though: multiple button presses only happen with multitouch, i.e. you need two separate points of contact on the screen to do simple things like A+G. This means you can't just use your thumb to press both simultaneously, you have to use your fingers like it's an arcade stick, which is fine on tablet screens but not so great on phone screens.

multiple button presses only happen with multitouch, i.e. you need two separate points of contact on the screen to do simple things like A+G.
I have the iOS version and it's the same. Luckily you can set up extra buttons for these inputs on the options menu.

you need two separate points of contact on the screen to do simple things like A+G. This means you can't just use your thumb to press both simultaneously, you have to use your fingers like it's an arcade stick, which is fine on tablet screens but not so great on phone screens.

This. Omg annoying.

Seems like they throw a new ad at you every day. Be sure to keep your hostfiles up to date so that shit doesn't clutter the main screen.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back