SoulCalibur 20th Anniversary Video

• Admin
Today, Bandai Namco Entertainment has released a new SoulCalibur video that showcases the series. Take a look as the franchise evolves from Soul Blade to Lost Swords. As they say time and time again, "The Legend Will Never Die".

It also appears that a new website is being constructed as seen in the description of the video: http://projectsoul.bn-ent.net/

Update: Use this link if you are getting an error clicking the other one: http://projectsoul.bn-ent.net/20th/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/12/soulcalibur-series-20th-anniversary-trailer

@CFW

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Project Soul (or whoever runs the official Soulcalibur Twitter page) referred to the video as a retrospective one so there wouldn't have been any SCVI in it.

Which kinda begs the question why they are showing this. I'm just speculating that either they may either make a bundle pack with all/some retro SC series or they focus on making each of the remaining SC games downloadable as they did with SC2 HD (I think SC5 is also downloadable on PS3 if I'm not mistaken).

Even when making a new game it would be nice if they can make the fun everlasting.

I've been hearing that SC2 (not the HD version remake) was the game for its time that had everlasting fun before SC3 came out. Even after EVO, many ppl are still actively playing this.

For SC4 and SC5, there was hype at first but after post-EVO event the hype died down.

It would've been nice if the initial hype for SC6 continues its course throughout even after EVO until SC7 as did with SC2.

That's unusual for sure, we were used to one tweet every 3 days... but SC twitter account tweeted SIX times today!

SCVI confirmed! /s

In regards to what version of SC3AE Japan has, couldn't they just ask the arcade owners to open up the cabinet and look at the disc to see what version it is? They usually put the version number/letter on it.

Even when making a new game it would be nice if they can make the fun everlasting.

I've been hearing that SC2 (not the HD version remake) was the game for its time that had everlasting fun before SC3 came out. Even after EVO, many ppl are still actively playing this.

For SC4 and SC5, there was hype at first but after post-EVO event the hype died down.

It would've been nice if the initial hype for SC6 continues its course throughout even after EVO until SC7 as did with SC2.
What you have to remember about that though is that the competitive scene back then was different from what it is now. In the mid 2000's, brand new fighting games weren't being released at the pace they were in the 90's, and the FGC as a whole wasn't growing in any significant way, so it was just made of players who were content to keep playing the games they liked and always played. Also, SC3 on console was ass, so that might have played a part in people sticking with SC2. The FGC now is huge, and a consequence of that is a lot of people in the scene who just want the next game as soon as possible. Most fighting games nowadays die out after their first EVO. Capcom games are the only ones that really survive. That being said, SCV managed to stay alive for 3 years on community support alone, and there were many times I can remember when we had as much or more entrants as the bigger, more "important" games. So, the scene is there, and it has the longevity. It's just a matter of do you feel like you have enough fun with this game to keep playing it 2-3 years down the road.
P.S. I know I know double post is against rules but I couldn't figure out how to quote his post when editing mine it was just quoting nothing.

Reactions: CFW
P.S. I know I know double post is against rules but I couldn't figure out how to quote his post when editing mine it was just quoting nothing.
Quote his post, insert it into answer box, copy whole quote from box, edit your previous post and ctrl+v needed quote.

The trailer is on IGN's YouTube now if that interests anyone
And on JeuxVidéo.com, the article also states that "we can imagine that there will be an announcement or a simple commemoration on the 20th December."

Speculation? Rumors? Wait and see (though it's a no-brainer).

Indeed, but the fact that a website takes our speculation so far and puts it in an article is what tickles me. JV.com barely uses speculations in their articles... As far as I remember, I might be wrong xD

That being said, SCV managed to stay alive for 3 years on community support alone, and there were many times I can remember when we had as much or more entrants as the bigger, more "important" games.
I'm gonna assume by entrants, you are referring to the entrants that participate in major tournaments like NEC? Also during another EVO event was SC5 held as a side tournament?

So, the scene is there, and it has the longevity. It's just a matter of do you feel like you have enough fun with this game to keep playing it 2-3 years down the road.
Knowing this is not really a direct question, I'll answer it NEwayz. I can tell you that when I start playing competitively, my attitude towards competitive games changed; if I were playing casually, I would most likely not last playing a competitive game 2-3 years down the road. As of now I couldn't focus on being competitive because I have school to focus on; so obviously I stick to being casual at least probably for the time being. Even if I do decide to return to being competitive things gets complicated. It's a matter of how far will I push myself to becoming a better competitive player? Will getting a Hitbox arcade stick push me even deeper? When I lose there's this anger and burning passion to get better and every time I feel like I want to redeem myself after every losing match. The problem is that now my local scene is dead until SC6, and most likely will be dead after a post-EVO event; sure there's online but I rather play offline and who knows by then if I can afford to travel to compete; as of now I know I can't, but only time will tell.

Last edited:
Fucking please, Namco. Stop leading us along. You think I don't see through you with all this "something is definitely happening!" and not actually doing anything, but I'm a Linux gamer and Windows developers do that shit to us constantly. I'm onto you fuckers.

Just checked the second link. What is being said in the 2016 in the timeline?

15hzvyo.jpg

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back