SoulCalibur 20th Anniversary Video

• Admin
Today, Bandai Namco Entertainment has released a new SoulCalibur video that showcases the series. Take a look as the franchise evolves from Soul Blade to Lost Swords. As they say time and time again, "The Legend Will Never Die".

It also appears that a new website is being constructed as seen in the description of the video: http://projectsoul.bn-ent.net/

Update: Use this link if you are getting an error clicking the other one: http://projectsoul.bn-ent.net/20th/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/12/soulcalibur-series-20th-anniversary-trailer

@CFW

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Nah, if you're in japan then you're automatically a kawaii ninensei onnanoko from akiba who's a cosplayer and is attracted to nerdy white dudes on the internet Kappa

That's mage's only chance at love, after all.

why does everyone want a remaster all of a sudden ? and why sc3 ._.
I'm actually lobbying for a brand-new SC game, I'm just simply wondering why they might make a new piece of artwork for Soulcalibur III. Then again, it could just be work that was unreleased from the original game.

yea wasnt about you specifically. But many people have been talking about that recently for some reason.

why sc3 ._.
Here's why:
  1. At that time when Namco announced their 20th Soul Calibur Anniversary they didn't announce anything on SC6 nor did they show anything SC6 related (no gameplay; no screenshots etc).
  2. The console version of SC3 sux, but the Arcade Edition of SC3 may have potential.
  3. Few ppl across the globe played the SC3 AE (myself included); especially fewer played SC3 AE ver C (I played version B).
  4. SC1 and SC2 HD (maybe SC4 and SC5 as well) had their turns being downloadable on consoles; it's about time SC3 AE redeems itself and had its turn to be downloadable to consoles and perhaps PC unless their is confirmation that NamcoBandai is making SC6.
This is just a summary; here is a detailed explanation more on SC3 AE which I've talked to Mage about.
To explain, there are 3 console versions of SC3: NTSC which is American version; PAL which is European; and JPN which is Asian. Since you're from the UK you get the PAL version of SC3 which I believe is the better version than NTSC but second to JPN.

After the console versions you have the improved Arcade Editions which I believe came in 3 different versions one after the other; there's version A, then B and finally C. It's not very common to see Arcade Editions at the time when the arcade scene was still alive and those who are lucky get a chance to play it.

Arcade edition does more than balance tweaks compared to their console version; they also change move sets to certain characters like Zasalamel.

In regards to C, even fewer ppl are lucky to get a try out of it; I believe one of USA's lucky American player, Linkrkc from the state of Texas is the one who tried it when he travelled to compete in the Japanese tournament SBO. Where I'm from, I only tried version B.

Because only a handful tried C; me, JAGTHEGEMINI, and probably a few others are curious to see how far SC3 AE ver C goes.

Last edited:
Well i get the reasoning behind Sc3 AE and i guess also that people think with 1 and 2 being downloadable sc3 needs to be too in their opinion. I just dont see how Sc3 (the normal version havent played AE) instead of Sc6 is that appealing to that many people. Sc3 had a shitton of content but it was weird unecessary content.
I dont think it was such an outstanding game it was basically sc2 with a bit more stuff.
Sc 2 is many peoples favourite and obviously one of the better parts and Sc1 well classic game i guess? whatever.
I just dont think it is necessary to revive every single game otherways we might aswell do the same thing with broken destiny 4 and 5 Kappa

Definitely no to SC3 console version even if its JPN version. I'm aware of how horrible SC3 console version is based on my experience with NTSC; the big issue being variable cancel which basically split the community apart. SC3 AE had less features than its console counter part. They had 4 features which are Arcade Mode, Quest Mode (not sure of the name), Practice and Versus Mode (which is invisible). Quest Mode or whatever its called is where you take your SC character (Not CAS as they are non-existent); you battle other SC characters; each win, you level up your SC character and you choose 3 attributes to level up (strength, dexterity and luck). Your goal is basically to climb yourself to the top of ladder.

There was a petition long time ago on it too and I tried to make it clear to them and the guy who's hosting the petition that we actually want to petition the Arcade Edition (not the console); I've been going through great lengths discussing the Arcade Edition, but I've felt that there are ppl who don't get it or those who don't fully pay attention to what I've posted; they keep thinking console version over again. Especially when I made my point that I specifically want SC3 AE some of the naysayers who reject SC3 AE to be downloadable based their reasoning on the console version.

In regards to my first point in my previous post, the fact that NamcoBandai is displaying a collage of retro Soul Calibur titles including their most modern SC5 game led me to speculate that either they are creating a bundle pack with all the retro SC titles or make each retro SC title into separate downloads; with SC3 being my favourite game despite how broke it is I just hope when they include SC3 they make into Remastered Arcade Edition.

Last edited:
Well as long as it doesn´t delay a potential sc6 i dont mind, why not. I still think many people are talking about the original version for some reason which was pretty meh like you said. But hey we´ll see

^After all the stupid things Namco did; making SC4 BD only on PSP; making SC2 HD remake based on PAL version etc. I hope they learn from all that and step up their game.

i dont think broken destiny was bad though. Better version of sc4 for handhelds which is nice. And it had some great themes.

@franman Since I'm not that aware of the differences, why do we have different regional codes (I assume it's to do with the consoles themselves) and why do these different codes affect the games themselves?

Live streams

8 Viewers
Its_Kioh
Its_Kioh
Gabbin' about games | Its_Kioh | !discord !tts !ggs
3 Viewers
CallMePeterJr
CallMePeterJr
Back in SoulCalibur 6 and going through the Libra Of Soul

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)