Soulcalibur 5 a Definite Possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin
With the success of some community driven fighting games, it seems that Namco has realized that they too should try to be a bit more active amongst their respective fighting game communities. Since then Katsuhiro Harada, the producer for the Tekken and Soulcalibur series has been very active in talking with his fans. A few days ago, one of our local veterans, Enkindu, discovered a short mention of Soulcalibur on Harada-san's twitter. In short, he mentioned that Namco could possibly put work into a new Soulcalibur game if the interest was high enough.

Well since then, several members of these forums have been sending tweets to Harada, asking him for the game, showing him that there is indeed an interest in a sequel. Well as of one hour ago, it seems that Harada has informally responded to my tweet in which I requested a new Soulcalibur game, and that he involve the folks here at 8WayRun. I'm not sure if Namco even knew we existed, so I felt it worth mentioning. While not making any guarantees, he did say he would talk to his staff about it... and that we should be patient. A pleasant surprise waking up from Summer Jam 4 to say the least.

Harada-san's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000832424468
Harada-san's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN
Jaxel's Twitter: https://twitter.com/JasonAxelrod

UPDATE:
Well Harada-san has responded to our enthusiasm and asked us to stop anonymously trolling him. He has instead asked that we follow him on twitter and facebook before we post any comments or tweets. It looks like he wants to see a personal face to our community. He also said he's looking for a large quantity of signatures before they would realistically put thought into another Soulcalibur game. Because of this, 8WayRun member malice has set up a Facebook petition for us all to sign.

Facebook Soulcalibur V Petition: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petition-to-Namco-for-Soul-Calibur-5/139645629404991

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
11th_dimension;218148 said:
I wonder why Mr. Harada asked for a petition...
SCIV did better than Tekken 6 considering the sales...
Why is this game underestimated by its own company?

Actually Tekken has clocked over 3M already (official Namco numbers). Afaik, that's more than SC4.

I'd like no guests but I'd like a CLEAR and LONG story mode in the new SC. Instead of guests Namco could bring back the old chars or chars that have been mentioned in the biographies of main chars.
Also I'd like to see something that doesn't have to do with the game but 8WR. Since people here are doing so many stuff, like gathering voters, keep a contact with the Namcoman (Mr. Harada) and have kept SCIV alive with tourneys, they deserve to be mentioned. 8WR deserve their own place in SCV. Here are my thoughts.
8WR should be in the credits. For example after or before the names of the people who will have worked on the game there should be a statement for 8WR, like: "This game wouldn't have been created without the precious help of 8WR."
And 8WR should be advertised on the boxart of the new game. A small logo and the link for 8WR in the back would be cool and would bring new members.
So, what do you think of that?

XLcowboy;218820 said:
Epic.

Here's hoping they take SC back to its roots, SC1/2 style. Just focus on the core gameplay, frames, 8WR, and balance. No more fluff please Namco. No more armor / critical finishes / fireballs. There's no need. Really. Really no need.

and since we're on the topic: guard crush > armor break.

Yep, i agree with this. SC is deep enough even if it only offers it´s "core-machanics".

Just get that balancing right. Hopefully they focus on that.

11th_dimension;218904 said:
"This game wouldn't have been created without the precious help of Soul Calibur fans old and new."
So, what do you think of that?

Now that's what's up. A major edit was needed. Because it wasn't 8wayrunners that made it happen.
It was fans old and new that made it happen. Your post seemed to say 8way>than some fans unintentionally.

Hm..... yeah that is better.
But I still believe that 8WR should be mentioned somehow in the new game. Actually it would be great if Namco worked with 8WR, there are so many experts here that know what's going on. I am pretty sure that 8WR is the last one standing huge fansite for SC. And after all they've done, don't they need some support from the company?
Namco can support 8WR and 8WR can support the game and the whole package (eg fans), since Namco gets too busy with Tekken...

11th_dimension;218979 said:
Hm..... yeah that is better.
But I still believe that 8WR should be mentioned somehow in the new game. Actually it would be great if Namco worked with 8WR, there are so many experts here that know what's going on. I am pretty sure that 8WR is the last one standing huge fansite for SC. And after all they've done, don't they need some support from the company?
Namco can support 8WR and 8WR can support the game and the whole package (eg fans), since Namco gets too busy with Tekken...

Didn't there used to be something like that during SC2? I've seen WCMaxi mention it on TZ a few times.

Jaxel you know what i hate though?Mr awesome was probably here and Went Back to NamcoBandai.com and tryed to Take all your credit of Finding the sc5 information saying`` i am the reason why the sc community has so many Fans''.I hate it when People resort to Copyrighing and False Information.

we need to get some mk up in sc maybe subzero for xbox cause xbox is cool and scorpion for ps3 because ps3 is hot and if (god forbid) they make another wii calibur give them noob saibot because only noobs play soulcalibur on the wii

Actually SC4 sold 2 million copies the first week it was out. Unless it didnt sell a million since then I think SC4 has more than 3 Million sold.

Tyrik32785;219008 said:
Jaxel you know what i hate though?Mr awesome was probably here and Went Back to NamcoBandai.com and tryed to Take all your credit of Finding the sc5 information saying`` i am the reason why the sc community has so many Fans''.I hate it when People resort to Copyrighing and False Information.

We already solved that, or not?... Check NBGA.
I could never imagine that happening, specially this period...

11th_dimension;219118 said:
We already solved that, or not?... Check NBGA.
I could never imagine that happening, specially this period...

No, it wasn't solved. It became me announcing what he did then him saying he's the reason for everything, and that SCV is being made. Then, me again, asking him who the hell he was and what has he done for the community, etc. With no reply, of course. So, I dropped it and never went back there.

Oh, and he threw his forum elitism in my face saying, and I quote, "shut up junior member!" Of course referring to my user titlea dn my only 3posts on that site. Oh well, as long as the trash isn't here.

Xeph;219120 said:
No, it wasn't solved. It became me announcing what he did then him saying he's the reason for everything, and that SCV is being made. Then, me again, asking him who the hell he was and what has he done for the community, etc. With no reply, of course. So, I dropped it and never went back there.

Oh, and he threw his forum elitism in my face saying, and I quote, "shut up junior member!" Of course referring to my user titlea dn my only 3posts on that site. Oh well, as long as the trash isn't here.

I thought that he learned from his mistake... Did he apologise, anyway?

I think it was solved though i just didn`t like it when Mr.Awesome gives out fake information and Takes People`s credit.Oh well thouh i hope they make a sc5.I played both Tekken 6 and Soulcalibur 4 and without a Doubt sc4 was better and funner than Tekken 6(even though soulcalibur 4 was the worst sc game i played it was fun as hell to play).

SC5. Interesting. I still stand by my belief that SC5, if it ever comes out, will give a force bar to every character. And that force bar transferring between rounds will put more inter-round strategy similar to the 2Ds. Not what I'm asking for, but what I'm expecting... IF it comes out.

Good job to 8wayrun peoples. I hope there is a SC 5. I am playing both Tekken 6 and SC 4. Just joined this website to help support the push for SC5

Just joined here and joined the facebook thing as well. Go SC5! Is there a thread of just sc5 suggestion/changes here? I'd like it if there was tighter storylines and if there were no crossover characters. Also, there should be an option in character creation to not have a +/- item system in place. There were characters that I wanted to make that had horrible stats because they weren't using the 'right' items. creativity shouldn't be limited like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

29 Viewers
ohshenice
ohshenice
Snatching Souls #4lifers #DubNation #GanjaGang #OSNGang #hype🔥🔥🔥
3 Viewers
kanskaii
kanskaii
SoulCalibur VI Ranked Fun!!!

Forum statistics