SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if "holes" is the right way to put it. Patroklos/Pyrrha story was completed, but we had other stories we needed to get to, like Maxi and the three kids' journey and Xiba meeting Kilik, Raphael/Z.W.E.I./Viola meetup and aftermath, and where Hilde, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Aeon, and Cervantes fit into things. Perhaps a bit more with Edge Master as well, with or without Algol.
Pyrrha's end was completed, but many things with her were ignored. The fact that her sword and shield supposedly work on their own, for example, or the fact that she was sold as a slave (Dampierre was, apparently, involved), and had a fiancé who loved her, but was brutally murdered by Tira and she ended up blamed for it. That would have made her a much more likable character, because, at least we would have known why she cries all the time. Besides, if not "holes", how else would you call it? Many characters were there, yet most of them had little to no explanation, some of them outright missing from the story.

The backstory-type stuff that was in New Legends of Project Soul would have been right at home in the game's nonexistent Museum Mode. We didn't really miss any action of stuff that happened from the beginning of the story to the end (that we got to, at least), with regards to Patroklos and Pyrrha.

The characters we saw briefly, but weren't fully explored (Z.W.E.I./Viola/"Raphael", Maxi/Leixia/Natsu/Xiba, perhaps Ivy, Edge Master) were set up for their stories that we would have gotten to after ending the Patroklos/Pyrrha story, since chronologically, they'd have taken place after that.

"Holes" indicates something was missing between A and B of the story that we got, and I don't think there was, it's that B just wasn't the true end.

How would Sophitia gain time travel powers? Her only supernatural power comes from Hephaestus, and he's just some asshole who definitely doesn't have time powers.

Well, i also mentioned Zasalamel,who possibly can haw timetravel powers and can help Sophie to go back in time

Zasalamel is an immortal, but I dunno about him actually having time travel powers, though, or he'd just go back in time and correct his mistakes instead of just marching forward and trying again reincarnation after reincarnation. The only time travel we've seen for sure is from the Astral Chaos, where Edge Master presides. It's possible that the Astral Chaos also allows the sending of memories into the past, creating "premonitions".

It does appear to be more of an MK9 reboot, especially with leaks stating it's going to cross multiple games. Being a numbered title doesn't really matter though... I mean, yeah MK9 was just called Mortal Kombat, but the next game is MKX, so shouldn't that technically be called MK2?

It literally doesn't matter.

Also, for people worried about later characters appearing, like others have said it's literally a reboot... They can do whatever they want, change birth dates, time travel, span multiple games!

The game loads up and then you see Pyrrha and Patroklos from V stabbing the swords, causing a rift in space and time. Cuts to Sophitia, and the shard of soul edge disappears from inside of her.

My plot twist

Last edited:
Actual guy in charge of the game: the word "reboot" is key
People on a forum with no clue: BUT IT'S NUMBERED!!

Me: *Sigh, headdesk*

Excuse me? I'M SO FUCKING HYPED ABOUT DIGIMON I MIGHT NOT BUY SOULCALIBUR VI ANYMORE HEHE XD
How do I delete someone else's post?

I don't care about digimon really haha but i only subscribed to them so I'd know the moment a new SC trailer dropped and it's been nothing but Digimon and DBZ notifications for ages lol.

How do I delete someone else's post?

I don't care about digimon really haha but i only subscribed to them so I'd know the moment a new SC trailer dropped and it's been nothing but Digimon and DBZ notifications for ages lol.
I have Twitter notifications from @soulcalibur so that's how I hear about important announcements.

I'm just between here and the SoulCalibur subreddit. One or the other will always have the news when it drops.

The game loads up and then you see Pyrrha and Patroklos from V stabbing the swords, causing a rift in space and time. Cuts to Sophitia, and the shard of soul edge disappears from inside of her.

My plot twist

My plot twist :

You see SC5 ending with Patroklos and Pyrrha walking off into the sunset. The next scene would be a Patroklos holding the monster-claw hand of a pregnant Pyrrha giving birth to a baby girl, and then you see a time-skip where the baby ages up gradually into .... Sophitia!! No one would see that coming

My plot twist :

You see SC5 ending with Patroklos and Pyrrha walking off into the sunset. The next scene would be a Patroklos holding the monster-claw hand of a pregnant Pyrrha giving birth to a baby girl, and then you see a time-skip where the baby ages up gradually into .... Sophitia!! No one would see that coming
Now we’re talking. Sophitia is the real successor

Indeed, but I think what we're realistically in for is a justification to include multiple characters from different points in time.
If they're simply rebooting it, then it requires no justification and all characters can easily appear at a different time. If they'll make SC6 a follow up to a still canon SC5, however, its more likely they'll just appear in late events. Thats why I think they'll just reboot without it being an actual follow up, it makes it easier to place anyone at any place of the timeline without explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back