SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from the looks of it there really going to make us wait until evo japan for any news. I hope and I have a feeling that there also going to give us a release date. very strong feeling and wish aswell lol.

I hope we get 3 characters , at least 2 new stages, and a hint of next month's reveal. I don't think they'll announce a release date just yet.

Yes. I understand you Himiteshu. Its been two months without reveal-news. Hope the EVO news will fix this lack of reveal. For me, three-four characters reveal, two or three additional stages, and an offline mode confirmation would be great.

Knowing that the reveal is less than a week away gives me all kinds of conflicting feelings. One the one hand, I'm excited because it's only 5 days, but on the other, I have to wait 5 whole days. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas lol.

Well, not 5 whole days, but you get it.

I was bored and craving so I keep watching the 10 minute gameplay videos and I think it's driving me crazy. I need moar, lol. I wish they were like an hour long or something so I didn't have to feel like a weirdo for keep rewatching the same ones over... It's making me so hyped though because the gameplay looks so sleek and smooth. Even without touching it, I can tell the feel of controls are probably the best yet. I've reached that point where I anylise every little stupid thing I see, just for something to do.

The more I see of Reversal Edge though, the less I'm worried about it. It looks pretty fun and so far doesn't appear to break the gameplay flow too much (at least in the videos I've seen), though I imagine it could if both players spammed it and from what people have played the game have said, it does. I feel like it should cost a small bit of meter (enough to matter, but not enough to make it not worth it) just to prevent spamming really. I noticed in one video that it seems punishable because Sophitia missed the RE initiate move and Mitsu hit her directly afterwards and it played a weird sound effect and appeared to be in slow motion a bit (similar to if it worked). It looked to stun her too but that may just have been the move he used. So there are reasons not to spam it too I guess.

I like that GI doesn't cost meter anymore because I never used it. My timing with that kind of thing is awful and not worth spending CE meter on when 95% of the time I WILL f**k it up, so at least now I can actually try to learn the mechanic. My solution might've been to only have it cost meter if it actually deflects an attack so that it feels like meter well-spent rather than wasted but that might've been funky.

Something I found odd is the 'Select Colour' thing on the character select screen. I wonder if that's temporary because the 2P costumes just aren't in yet, or if 2P costumes will be switchable with a button and each costume has 2 (or more if you make them with CAS) colour options.

The VS screen seems a little plain and doesn't get me hyped for the match compared to previous games. I think SCIII and SCIV had the coolest looking VS screens and I liked being able to make the character's say something too. It's little details like that which are surprisingly missed, lol. I do like the way the camera zooms in and the way they blend stage selection into it without loading screens and such though.

EDIT: Something else I love is that if you kill an enemy with a CE, you get a little zoom in quote. That's a really nice touch.

Here's a (debatably) fun game; If you could choose 3 things in SCVI to see a preview/teaser of at Evo, what would they be? Mine are:
1: Character Creation (I'm really curious to see how detailed it is this time and if they finally gave us more options that fit the period and if our CAS's can finally look like they belong in the game as actual characters).
2: Single Player mode list. (Sounds bizarre to request this over seeing an actual game mode in action, but just seeing how many single player modes there are would be enough to satisfy every concern I have about the game).
3: New/Returning Characters, obviously. XD
It's really inspiring to know that someone's (over)analyzing quite limited content we have so far. Besides, thanks for a nice suggestion, I mean a fun game, as there's not much to do (Soul Calibur related) while waiting for the game. If the developers don't find ways to entertain us in the meantime we should come up with our own ideas. Well, for me priorities would be a bit different:

1: Ivy's fighting style (I'm sure she'll be in the game, but extremely curious how her CE, RE, Soul Charge are gonna look like and whether there are going to leave her without stances. Probably not, which might be interesting, but my strongest Ivy was in SCV, where she had no stances at all. So here I'm both worried and excited).
2: Story mode cutscenes compilation (To have a better understanding, what's it going to be about + sort of tired of a bare gameplay. For me Soul Calibur story is a key aspect of the game, shouldn't be neglected).
3: New characters (eager to have a look at the new ones they are introducing this time)

These aren't too realistic since we're free to wish anything we like (according to the rules), but I do understand that we're quite unlikely to learn anything about story mode as well as get details of Ivy's moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back