SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
French article two days ago. Maybe @Hayate can translate it for us in case if the Gameblog staff don't add english subtitles for the footage.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/72709-soul-calibur-vi-on-y-a-joue-nos-impressions-legendaires-avec

Already post it in the video thread, summary of what they said:

- They enjoyed the game so much it was hard for them to leave..
- Graphics wise they weren't too impresse, but they're aware that game is still on Work in progress.
- Devs confirmed to them that (surprisingly) they don't have huge focus on E-sport with Soul Calibur 6.
- From devs also, they're just thinking on making a great and fun fighting game that anyone Hardcore FG fan or Casuals would enjoy.

Last edited:
French article two days ago. Maybe @Hayate can translate it for us in case if the Gameblog staff don't add english subtitles for the footage.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/72709-soul-calibur-vi-on-y-a-joue-nos-impressions-legendaires-avec
I can summarise what they said in the footage if you want, Hayate may be a little bit busy with his videos !

It was hard for them to drop the gamepad after testing so it's a good sign acording to them.
However, they think that the game still has some months of development because it didn't look finished visually.
The development team told them that SC6 doesn't aspire to be an "e-sport game", they want it to be more "accessible". They didn't develop it to be as competitive as Tekken 7 for example, but to be "fun".
Then they talked about Critical Edge, Soul Charge, Reversal Edge, nothing more to say about these mechanics.
Finally the journalist concludes by saying that he has a good feeling about this game, and that it is likely to come out by the end of 2018. :)

(Whoops, too late ! SSfox did it first :p)

So I'm curious as to what are the moves so far that beat RE..and does that include Grabs? Also, when performing a GI..are you able to GI Highs, Mids, and Lows with 1 input? I hope not..js

Not only will you be able to GI everything you mention, but also throws.
I'm excited for the game in all..but that was one of my issues with everybody's glorified SC2..GI'ing grabs. Boooo...I mean that's what RE is for..like how user friendly do u have ta make the game? Well atleast they don't cost meter, but I'm not a fan of that.

I'm excited for the game in all..but that was one of my issues with everybody's glorified SC2..GI'ing grabs. Boooo...I mean that's what RE is for..like how user friendly do u have ta make the game? Well atleast they don't cost meter, but I'm not a fan of that.
I don't think anyone here really likes that.

Not only will you be able to GI everything you mention, but also throws.

The GI game in SCVI is like SCII, but with easier 2G & RE being just as effective. I dislike the fact the GI system is like SCV's, but meterless in terms of countering all hit levels simultaneously. RE auto guarding lows making them look like 2As is just dumb.

Xianghua is going to get a lot of iFC 3B combos.

You should have to BREAK grabs or crouch them..ect to punish them properly..I'm keeping it real..alot of players know damn well they were looking to GI an attack but GI'ed a grab instead..smh dum. It's destroys mind games.

The GI game in SCVI is like SCII, but with easier 2G & RE being just as effective. I dislike the fact the GI system is like SCV's, but meterless in terms of countering all hit levels simultaneously. RE auto guarding lows making them look like 2As is just dumb.

Exactly..RE is enough..and there are ways to beat it but I think you should have to guess which Attack level ur opponent is doing..when it comes to GI's that's fair. U know..like players actually using their brains..js lol but I'm hype for the game..truth be told.

Already post it in the video thread
Ah, sorry about that.

I can summarise what they said in the footage if you want, Hayate may be a little bit busy with his videos !

It was hard for them to drop the gamepad after testing so it's a good sign acording to them.
However, they think that the game still has some months of development because it didn't look finished visually.
The development team told them that SC6 doesn't aspire to be an "e-sport game", they want it to be more "accessible". They didn't develop it to be as competitive as Tekken 7 for example, but to be "fun".
Then they talked about Critical Edge, Soul Charge, Reversal Edge, nothing more to say about these mechanics.
Finally the journalist concludes by saying that he has a good feeling about this game, and that it is likely to come out by the end of 2018. :)

(Whoops, too late ! SSfox did it first :p)
Cool.

You should have to BREAK grabs or crouch them..ect to punish them properly..I'm keeping it real..alot of players know damn well they were looking to GI an attack but GI'ed a grab instead..smh dum. It's destroys mind games.

That's right, breaking throws or duck punishing them is more player skill.

Exactly..RE is enough..and there are ways to beat it but I think you should have to guess which Attack level ur opponent is doing..when it comes to GI's that's fair. U know..like players actually using their brains..js lol but I'm hype for the game..truth be told.

The truth is that RE is just a super good comeback mechanic for characters who don't have good aGIs or none at all.

I liked SC2's approach to GI, with 6G for Hi/Mid as an impact and 4G for Low/Mid as a parry. I never liked the 1/3 inputs for lows.
same here 1/3 inputs feels like there is a chance you end up crouching, or if you crouch and end up mid/low parry/repel.

This may be useful as well.

unknown.png

Equal means the RE keeps on going.

There is no jump option ? I suppose to keep the tri-choices of rock paper scissors.
Lastly: What is the point of the neutral guard option ?

Seems like it shouldn't exist and they should tweak backstep to beat GI (rather than trade) because vertical attacks appear to beat both guarding and backstep (has 4 wins to 3 loses as an outlier)

Back step is the only option with more loses than wins (assuming everything is equally weighted) so by giving it a win against GI (and removing Guard as a RE option entirely) might make more sense

Last edited:
Standard G does beat GI at least. It's neutral to everything but B otherwise. Safe but generally doesn't get you anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back