SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it only has one "lose" scenario which makes it the safest

That describes what beats it (which the table gives us the information) but it doesn't explain the reason for it.

I'm asking in a game theory / balance scenario, why do we have this particular option.

So far, all options have equal number of "win" and "lose" scenarios except:

1) Vertical attack is 4 wins and 3 loses (+1 net)
2) Backdash is 1 win and 2 loses (-1 net)

From this we infer that if we combine Guard (neutral number of wins/loses) and Backdash (-1 net) we can actually end up in a neutral position (because both those options already lose to vertical B). At the same time, this will reduce vertical attacks to 3 wins and 3 loses (because you no longer double count a win against both Guard and Backdash options.

I couldn't stop thinking about SC all day at work today. Hard to get shit done when I'm daydreaming and giddy about what is to come. Thanks alot Namco!

Trying to sum up in my mind as best I can the implications of the new mechanics, good and bad. Using the available footage of gameplay to imagine hypothetical situations and thinking about options.

I'm still a little bit confused about what exactly RE does. You hold a button down, then release it and then you attack? Can you use any move or is it pre-set RE moves? The rock paper scissors aspect needs no explanation, I'm just confused about what triggers it and what kind of frame advantage/disadvantage occurs. I need someone to break it down for me, piece by piece if they would be so kind.

2018 is an exciting year for gaming.

I think Guard will be fine if everyone's RE A and K are safe and do a decent amount of guard damage

That describes what beats it (which the table gives us the information) but it doesn't explain the reason for it.

I'm asking in a game theory / balance scenario, why do we have this particular option.

So far, all options have equal number of "win" and "lose" scenarios except:

1) Vertical attack is 4 wins and 3 loses (+1 net)
2) Backdash is 1 win and 2 loses (-1 net)

From this we infer that if we combine Guard (neutral number of wins/loses) and Backdash (-1 net) we can actually end up in a neutral position (because both those options already lose to vertical B). At the same time, this will reduce vertical attacks to 3 wins and 3 loses (because you no longer double count a win against both Guard and Backdash options.
I think systems like this work better when they're imbalanced. The more people that use vertical, the more people will step. It balances itself with its player's expectations, basically.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason G loses to a vertical is because it's a guard break, right? You don't actually take damage from any option using G, right?

I think systems like this work better when they're imbalanced. The more people that use vertical, the more people will step. It balances itself with its player's expectations, basically.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason G loses to a vertical is because it's a guard break, right? You don't actually take damage from any option using G, right?

I'm not sure but just being able to guard all options when in RE would make it more or less pointless

I'm not sure but just being able to guard all options when in RE would make it more or less pointless
The video posted by DanteSC3 breaking down the RE system shows that if you choose to block, your enemy gets a decent amount of meter and another RE sequence starts again. Not sure if it's going to go on like that until someone guesses wrong.

The video posted by DanteSC3 breaking down the RE system shows that if you choose to block, your enemy gets a decent amount of meter and another RE sequence starts again. Not sure if it's going to go on like that until someone guesses wrong.
Yeah hopefully we get the answers soon from @Hayate :)

Hayate just posted a new video about the mechanics in Soulcalibur VI:

Sexy video.

So we do in fact see RE B punish opponent guarding well by the looks of it and a full combo of your choosing.

Pretty neat table. if used by beginners I'd say the best option for us they they pull RE off is GI. Beating the attacking options, takes us out the immediately obvious rock paper scissor game and would mean if the opponent being a beginner actually does use a defensive option then they have actually gotta input a punish.

Does it always beat guarding? It looked like it did huge guard damage but the time I've seen it happen the defender had a flashing yellow health bar so his guard gauge was already kind depleted.

Because it controls the most chaos and reduces the ability of you getting randomed out.

This may be useful as well.

unknown.png

Equal means the RE keeps on going.

Don't know if this has being said but B doesn't win against G at first, ( https://youtu.be/CuRyOuNy3cE?t=46s min 0:46 ) it only wins in the re-clash, the second one basicly. Check my post for more info https://8wayrun.com/threads/reversal-edge-mechanic-master-post-by-trace_afj.19744/

EDIT:
And this case I don't understand at all: in the first clash both do an A and in the second one Mitsu does G and Sophie does B, Mitsu is supose to block the B in this situation but Sophie breaks his guard even though his life-bar wasn't glowing on red or anything, it could be due to it is the second consecutive clash or it's just a bug, who knows (this is the situation https://youtu.be/PAOM2yPOgf0?t=4m31s)

This I wrote on my OP about the RE mechanics, so my suspicions have been confirmed, it wasn't due to a bug, in the second clash G probably loses to all attack options, not only B so you're forced to take the risk and make a move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back