SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I play SC2 it's awesome that level of creativity you can get in this game. And building your own style.

AMEN, in every SC game the mechanics get more and more restrictive, CH when you move, GIs costing meter, unnecesary comeback mechanics... I don't like the path SC VI is taking, it seems that now we will get penalized for attacking with this OP GIs the RE mechanic and SC pushing you away when you have momentum, how do they want us to play the game, holding G and doing nothing all the match or what.

AMEN, in every SC game the mechanics get more and more restrictive, CH when you move, GIs costing meter, unnecesary comeback mechanics... I don't like the path SC VI is taking, it seems that now we will get penalized for attacking with this OP GIs the RE mechanic and SC pushing you away when you have momentum, how do they want us to play the game, holding G and doing nothing all the match or what.
yeah..I know what u mean..Hey everybody! Come on let's play ABC..123 SOULCALIBUR!! wait a min..at this rate it's no longer 123..it's just..1 lol

Hey how about you people wait until the game comes out and you actually play the game before you flip your shit over stuff literally no one fully understands yet. Half of you complaining about game mechanics haven't or won't set foot at a tournament so what's it matter to you anyways?

yeah..I know what u mean..Hey everybody! Come on let's play ABC..123 SOULCALIBUR!! wait a min..at this rate it's no longer 123..it's just..1 lol

And remember, they're doing all of this with the word REBOOT and "going back to the origins" intentions of looking into what was good about the older games, and they are doing this.

Forgive me but I have to drop an xd, if this is what we get with project soul trying to go back to the origins, I'm afraid they're doomed forever.

Imo..Misturugi's moveset in SC5 was stupid..it was like playing sc1 rugi.he had alot of useful moves/stances/ auto GI's in SC4 and then they just took that all away in sc5. It was boring and lazy. I'm not sayin the more moves the better..but takin away moves that make the character who they are is just. But I do agree with you to some degree. The only cryin I really see are people that just want I don't have to use my brain mechanics..lol let's just keep dumm in down the game..yeah for what? Oh so a casual player can feel like they're on the same level as a pro..makes no sense. If that's the case then they need ta put in the time and learn just like the pros did..js
SC1 Mitsurugi had a much larger move list.

Hey how about you people wait until the game comes out and you actually play the game before you flip your shit over stuff literally no one fully understands yet. Half of you complaining about game mechanics haven't or won't set foot at a tournament so what's it matter to you anyways?
I agree. That's why I haven't really said anything in this thread. I'll wait till the game is out and then make my judgements.

No offense, but y'all praising SC II while complaining about OP defensive options? Everything in II was ultrasafe to the point it was a problem.

The throw thing is undesirable, but you could still smash the button to throw escape in older games, it was a gamble, and knowing the directional seems to be even a bigger gamble.

I wish RE had a meter cost of 1 or 1/2 bar. The GI thing doesn't bother me that much, most of the time , in older games, you would GI mids and midlows, lows were often slower moves and there were better tools if you knew it was coming, I wish there was no slow mo.

I don't think it is unreasonable for people to be worried. We know the basic premise of how RE, GI, and meter will be. We have also heard that movelists will be smaller but it's not clear yet just how small they will be.

These are things that people have disliked in previous SC games so it's not too surprising that they would dislike it in the final version of 6.

That said, the things I haven't seen discussed enough are the fact that movement seems to be feeling good, the art direction looks great, ie core gameplay is looking pretty good. Now, I am definitely concerned about how RE and GI being a catch all will affect gameplay but I think that Soul Charge looks fantastic.

I'm skeptical about characters having enough tools with their movesets but as long as the frame data for RE and GI are reasonable I think this game could be the best soul calibur since 2. *Reasonable data for RE being that it is easily launch punishable and doesn't start up too quickly (so you can't just stick it out in the middle of a non delayed string)

No offense, but y'all praising SC II while complaining about OP defensive options? Everything in II was ultrasafe to the point it was a problem.

The throw thing is undesirable, but you could still smash the button to throw escape in older games, it was a gamble, and knowing the directional seems to be even a bigger gamble.

I wish RE had a meter cost of 1 or 1/2 bar. The GI thing doesn't bother me that much, most of the time , in older games, you would GI mids and midlows, lows were often slower moves and there were better tools if you knew it was coming, I wish there was no slow mo.

Being able to GI lows is hella good. I think that lumping in the fact that there were better ways to beat lows is the wrong way to think about it. It's not about trying to beat the low, it's about trying to GI a mid/high and not worrying about the fact that they might also do a quick low. Only way to beat a GI is by doing a delayed move now; yeah, this is the typical way of beating GI but removal of everything except the hard counter can be problematic.

Hope that makes sense. I'd have to see how it really plays in the game since I don't know their frame data but I still see it as cause for concern. I agree with everything else you wrote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually i hope if they cut A+K inputs, they at least cut them completely, not like in 5 where only 2? characters had them.
Barely played Yoshimitsu just because of that, because i'd need to remap my buttons just for him...

Just Guard required too little commitment for a match-ending mechanic. Nothing I've seen of SC6 points at JG ever coming back. It looks like they're touting risk/reward with defense.

Also who says GI works on throws? Was that confirmed somewhere? I ask because they didn't work on throws in SC5 so if they worked this time it would be strange.

Very late on this, but fun fact: GI worked on grabs in 4, if I recall correctly. Had to Just Impact though, so tighter timing and potentially giving the opponent a free grab, but it was there.

SC5 was wrong in many things, but it was not in gameplay. Its by far the best its ever been, rewarding you with combos you were now allowed to perform instead of a random poke and then get back to a guard and dodge fest. What is the point of having huge movesets if you wouldn't even use many of those moves? Its not like you could combo them, not as much as in SC5.

If we could get the speed of 2, the good gameplay 5 had, and the move-list sizes and stances of 4, I'd be happy with that. Then there'd be more variety in how to approach things whether I'm focused on playing at a competitive level, or just messing around with friends.

OTOH, advocating removing a terrible idea like those GI's doesn't really hurt anything.

Very late on this, but fun fact: GI worked on grabs in 4, if I recall correctly. Had to Just Impact though, so tighter timing and potentially giving the opponent a free grab, but it was there.
GI has typically always worked on throws with the exception of prepatch IV, and V. Thing was, in older games the GI window was small enough that you actually had to time the GI for the throw relative to a fast attack.

Yeah GI has typically worked on throws, but that was when they didn't work on lows.

If GI is going to work on throws they need to bring back chicken throws.

OTOH, advocating removing a terrible idea like those GI's doesn't really hurt anything.

GI has typically always worked on throws with the exception of prepatch IV, and V. Thing was, in older games the GI window was small enough that you actually had to time the GI for the throw relative to a fast attack.
That's fair, honestly Gi seems borderline OP right now but we won't know forsure if there's counter play to it or not until at least after a few months of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back