SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCII main menu.jpg

SCV main menu.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Traditional Soulcalibur menus are small, and branch out into submenus like the SCII and SCV shots shown. But with the producer of SCVI also being the producer of T7, I would say it could be like either or. I doubt we'll get a VR mode though, and I'm sure Player Information will be the options button (on the controller) like it was in SCV. I also don't get why Battle mode wouldn't be put under offline modes like it is in SCII, SCV and T7. I reckon it's a placeholder for all of the offline mode branches.

It'll probably be Edgy McMaul, Taki, and either Nightmare or Siegfried. Reasons being Edgy is being hinted at, Taki to reveal another returning favorite as well as being a usual early reveal, and it can go either way with the last two since it could either show Siegmare's return or be a false alarm with Siegfried to raise speculation about who Nightmare could be this time, including Siegfried himself.

Ivy usually gets shown early, but with the new engine and her weapon being the way it is, I think the devs want to give her some time.

We'll likely get Kilik hinted at next I guess to surprise the non-informed (as in those not following SCVI news extensively) with Edgy facing off against someone with Kali-Yuga. Probably in a Chinese locale.

My opinion on this from top to bottom:
Story
Single Player
Battle (which we already know)
CaS
Shop/Museum/Options
Training
Options/PlaystationStore
My thoughts exactly.

Traditional Soulcalibur menus are small, and branch out into submenus like the SCII and SCV shots shown. But with the producer of SCVI also being the producer of T7, I would say it could be like either or. I doubt we'll get a VR mode though, and I'm sure Player Information will be the options button (on the controller) like it was in SCV. I also don't get why Battle mode wouldn't be put under offline modes like it is in SCII, SCV and T7. I reckon it's a placeholder for all of the offline mode branches.
The VR mode for Tekken 7 was totally pointless. I honestly don't know what Namco was thinking. Just a waste of resources that could have been used on missing modes/characters.

This is a misconception. Frames are still important. This is not JG where there is a theoretically superior block button.

RE is risky and you can condition players not to use it by punishing successful parries. I've been baited into RE parrying a B and getting sidestepped before I can clash. You can do this on reaction as an attacker, which means you can SS and wait out the RE parry timer for a guaranteed whiff punish.

RE, at worst, makes you pay attention to your own recovery frames on attacks. Maybe frame traps are worse on paper. In actual play, conditioning still wins because one does not simply spam RE when minus and not die.

You cannot throw REs from the front though. I should have checked if you could side throw.
What about JG, is this mechanic in the demo?

Regarding the gameplay talk, I do prefer the inclusion of combos SCV brought to the game and it hope it remains in the series over reverting back to the same old "poke, back away, repeat". I like 3D fighters, but after playing several for years I can't deny they all share a very samesy gameplay, and in the eyes of casuals or gamers in general is something like: oh look, a 3D fighter, it's probably got over a hundreds moves per character and ring outs, booring!
Landing a combo with Ivy and ending it with her arrow and arch move it's very satisfying in SCV. And it's not like this is Marvel VS Capcom with abundance of combos and meter. A simple BE move is costly meter wise.

Now, anyone in contact with Namco here? Someone, maybe @Hayate should talk to them in making a series of tutorial videos like Sega and Team Ninja did for Virtua Fighter 5 and Dead or Alive 5, respectively:

They could get @SCPartisan to make videos like this:

Everyone seems to think the same about RE after they've played. I wonder how PS will handle it going forward. It definitely looks hype but happens to often.

It shouldn't cost meter because it's not really beneficial. You could use it in the right place, cough up the meter, but still just guess wrong and end up getting hit and your opponent gaining a bunch of meter.

It needs to be flashing red guard meter only, or cost so much guard meter you'd only ever use it there. It's clearly meant to be a get-off-me, so make it only relevant where somebody has actually been under a lot of pressure, as a last chance thing to get them out of a potential guard crush. Solves the G problem too because G isn't safe anymore if you're going to get crushed no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back