SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make it so a successful RE prevents you from using it again that round.

Or so the clash only triggers on CH or when fully charged.

You know I was the number 1 advocate of thinking that RE was gonna be stupid but after watching @Futabot's gameplay video I'm thinking it's not going to be that big of a deal competitive-wise. It really seems like a last ditch effort for those that may be losing the match or close to dying. If I wanted to use a defensive mechanic to get someone off of me why wouldn't I just use GI instead? Unless I was desperate and trying to get some damage on the other guy. Hell I'm about to die so I might as well make it a guessing game and hopefully I can get that damage and get them off of me. So yeah while I don't like how it can just be thrown out at anytime I'm not thinking it's going to be as disruptive. The ones that will have to worry about it are those that play online against those trolls. It's ironic to me because it's a mechanic that was put in for casuals but in my opinion it's going to be the casual player who will hate it the most.

I hope they'll think of making a playable public demo (on PSN/Xbox Market) not to late, so they can gather some feedback!

I don't even mind if a beta fail to work properly Tbh because it's a purpose of beta is that to avoid those kind of stuffs once the game is officially release. But once a game is out, no excuses will be allowed lol

Of course i also obviousely prefer when beta runs perfect but you get what i mean xd

Beta without survey is a bit meaningless... specially if the release date is very close.

I think PS, should give us a beta (3 months before release) with at least 5-6 characters, so we can have a better understanding to what they are aiming at and then we can voice out our opinions.

I think they need to gate the RE activation so that it doesn't become annoying. It's already a "rock-paper-scissor" scenario so I think pushing the high stakes aspect of it makes sense.

I'd limit the mechanic to maybe a couple of activations per round by each player, or possibly only activatable when someone's health bar drops below 30% and with a 30 or so seconds global cooldown.

Besides, it's such a cinematic moment that if you see too much of it it spoils fast.

Yeah it's honestly my biggest worry with the game, it needs some sort of limit per round or match.

It's ironic to me because it's a mechanic that was put in for casuals but in my opinion it's going to be the casual player who will hate it the most.

Pretty much this.

I like the idea that you can can only use RE when your guard is flashing, which makes sense. You get them off you when you're under pressure, and it's only a guessing game anyway.

I think the opposite would be better where you can't use RE in the red since meter carries over. Right now being in red guard doesn't really generate that much tension, but losing access to RE's universal block and meter gain to some extent would drive more incentive to stay out of it.

When are we getting the scans exactly please? :o

You're also another crazy dude like me counting the hours and minutes right? XD

Well hum, that last Famitsu magazine that gave a lot of infos about SC6 was on 12/12 during the day (UK time, don't remember the exact time lol). And those Scans weren't a leak btw it was officially posted, so if there would be leaks it should happen very soon so.

Still don't know if there will be SC6 on the next Famitsu, maybe they'll wait until Evo Japan to reveal new stuffs!! But man i hope we'll get some new infos and reveals tomorrow, i'm getting too much impatient. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back