SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're also another crazy dude like me counting the hours and minutes right? XD

Well hum, that last Famitsu magazine that gave a lot of infos about SC6 was on 12/12 during the day (UK time, don't remember the exact time lol). And those Scans weren't a leak btw it was officially posted, so if there would be leaks it should happen very soon so.

Still don't know if there will be SC6 on the next Famitsu, maybe they'll wait until Evo Japan to reveal new stuffs!! But man i hope we'll get some new infos and reveals tomorrow, i'm getting too much impatient. lol
Yes, you're right ! I can't live anymore without news LMAO

Hmmm ok, I hope they will feed us with some cool news (at this point, just a stage would bring hype I guess LMAO).

Anyways, thank you !

Last edited:
I don't think it would be impatient of us to expect at least a tease or even a reveal of the characters due to be playable at EVO Japan since it's actually been pretty limited in terms of new info since the announcement of the game (re: characters/stages). I personally would be disappointed if they waited until EVO actually begins to reveal new things since the hype is actually starting to fizzle out a bit.

Don't get me wrong, it was great to hear all this new information from Futabot regarding gameplay and stuff but Namco sure are dragging it out and I'm not sure that's the best way to do it considering we were waiting for almost six years to even get an announcement, and making people wait even longer for new roster reveals sure feels sour. I mean, even if they were going to only have twenty characters at launch (unlikely to be so low imo) then they have plenty to do a new reveal every ~2 weeks using my basic maffs of 20 characters x 2 weeks = 40 weeks worth of slowly teasing and revealing characters/stages.

I have to say though. knowing we're getting new info/reveals at a specific date (with it potentially coming sooner) is a lot better than being in the dark about it. But I do find it funny that they acknowledge our patience with that announcement trailer.

"The wait is over, let's begin.....Nah just kidding bitch, wait a little longer"

I said this before and I'll say it again: as long as this wait is planned, I don't mind too much, but if they delayed information because something went wrong, then I fear we may go through a similar situation as SC5, we know they planned more for that game than what it actually had.

I said this before and I'll say it again: as long as this wait is planned, I don't mind too much, but if they delayed information because something went wrong, then I fear we may go through a similar situation as SC5, we know they planned more for that game than what it actually had.
I agree. And I would like to wait instead of the game being rushed. I want more single player content and a great soul calibur game. As much as I like tekken7 it's been an on and off thing for me due to the lack of single player content. I really don't want soul calibur to go down that direction again.

While this is probably the reason for it, I dislike it since it shouldn't stop them from teasing things, that doesn't take away any hype for DBFZ.
I really hate the notion on this site that the reason there isn't any SC6 info is because "X game isn't released yet." First it was Tekken, now DragonBall? SoulCalibur 6 will not take anything away from either games. All it does it continue to perceive SoulCalibur as an afterthought. Not everyone who plays SoulCalibur also plays Tekken and or DragonBall.

Last edited:
I really hate the notion on this site that the reason there isn't any SC6 info is because "X game isn't released yet." First it was Tekken, now DragonBall? SoulCalibur 6 will not take anything away from either games. All it does it continue to perceive SoulCalibur as an afterthought. Not everyone who plays SoulCalibur also plays Tekken and or DragonBall.

Companies don't share this view. They will protect their products to ensure profitability. If that means withholding information about a game until it is more "beneficial" to them then they will do so.

It's not a "notion," it's the truth. Companies don't engage in market cannibalism. When you have games in the same genre on the same platform then you don't do things with them at the same time that would cause them to devour each other. That's something competing companies do.

It's not that SC is taking hype away from DBZ, it's that DBZ hype is overshadowing SC's potential to make big reveals. Just ride it out and there will be more info when it becomes Bamco's main thing to promote.

Companies don't share this view. They will protect their products to ensure profitability. If that means withholding information about a game until it is more "beneficial" to them then they will do so.
But this only happens here regarding SoulCalibur. I've yet to see any discussions that say information about a new Naruto game won't come out, until DragonBall releases or visa versa. This just comes off as a rationalization as to why expected info hasn't been released yet. And like I said, first people were saying Tekken was why we didn't get info and now it's drifting off into DragonBall.

It's not a "notion," it's the truth. Companies don't engage in market cannibalism. When you have games in the same genre on the same platform then you don't do things with them at the same time that would cause them to devour each other.

It's not that SC is taking hype away from DBZ, it's that DBZ hype is overshadowing SC's potential to make big reveals. Just ride it out and there will be more info when it becomes Bamco's main thing to promote.

Square Enix releasing multiple Final Fantasy games in the same year is the only cannibalism I see. SoulCalibur, Tekken, Naruto, and DragonBall each have their own fanbases and the games themselves are vastly different. How often do people buy a game just because Namco published it? They buy something because of the franchise they came from

Last edited:
It's not a "notion," it's the truth. Companies don't engage in market cannibalism. When you have games in the same genre on the same platform then you don't do things with them at the same time that would cause them to devour each other. That's something competing companies do.

Tekken 7 still got announcements while DBFZ was also getting announcements, so that makes zero sense. Other examples include Square-Enix and Capcom too, who released multiple Final Fantasy games (as said above) and Capcom releasing stuff for SF5 and while announcing MvC:I.

Whether shit makes sense or not doesn't matter. This is Namco. Trust me kids you can hope and have that hope color what you think they need to do but just know that you will be disappointed. When waiting for Calibur news just know that you get what you're going to get when they give it. If there's one thing they have shown is they don't give a damn what we want. They're going to do what they want to do regardless of what we think may make sense. You talk about cannibalizing games? It's only okay when it comes to cannibalizing Calibur. SC5 comes out Late Jan. 2012, SF X Tekken comes out less than 2 months later. Tekken Tag 2 comes out about 7 months after that. Remember as much as we love this game/series Namco treats it as an afterthought. Keep that in mind whenever you try to make sense in what they're doing and shade your hopes just a bit for what/when something comes out.

Whether shit makes sense or not doesn't matter. This is Namco. Trust me kids you can hope and have that hope color what you think they need to do but just know that you will be disappointed. When waiting for Calibur news just know that you get what you're going to get when they give it. If there's one thing they have shown is they don't give a damn what we want. They're going to do what they want to do regardless of what we think may make sense. You talk about cannibalizing games? It's only okay when it comes to cannibalizing Calibur. SC5 comes out Late Jan. 2012, SF X Tekken comes out less than 2 months later. Tekken Tag 2 comes out about 7 months after that. Remember as much as we love this game/series Namco treats it as an afterthought. Keep that in mind whenever you try to make sense in what they're doing and shade your hopes just a bit for what/when something comes out.

Except we all know that Bamco realizes that they fucked up pretty bad. Probably won't make that error twice in a row because money kinda rules.

Can't really compare Bamco 5 years ago to Bamco now. They assumed a little more ownership over a market than was realistic.

And speaking of afterthoughts, let's not forget about SC3.

Anyone else thinks RE won't be any good. From the little gameplay we have I've seen players AA the the first part of RE and then step the oncoming vertical hit. Doesn't seem like it'll be viable beyond beginner level.

Anyone else thinks RE won't be any good. From the little gameplay we have I've seen players AA the the first part of RE and then step the oncoming vertical hit. Doesn't seem like it'll be viable beyond beginner level.

Even if you're right and the the mechanic is not competitive, if it ends up being annoying it will be used to troll in online and it will take players away from the game.

I say 50/50. A meta is going to be built around the mechanic, and it will either be considered viable, nonviable, or gamebreaking. All we can do is hope that Bamco reacts accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back