SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome, but now I need a confirmation for Siegfried alone.

I am also worried that so far we have not seen any alt costumes but just recolors. That's lazy. I know it is just an early cut build but they could at least give us an official confirmation on that regard too.

They should at least give us some explanations.

I hope it's a placeholder, but i agree hope there will alt costume. Hope they won't give one default + bunch of CaS and call it a day. Hope we'll get at least 2 defaults with like 6 colors for each costume or something.

Basically that's what happened with TTT2 and this game was a pure disaster aesthetically wise if you ask me

Hello there !

It's funny to see all the comments here about what I said for Siegfried ! I'm sorry that my statements could have offended some of you, from what i'm reading, some can't just prevent themselves from criticizing me for this instead of having a simple discussion. :D

But I love how you've been so passionnate about all this.

I think there is a misunderstood about the Sieg stuff, because i didn't express myself correctly enough. So i'm sorry for that.
I just "confirmed" by seeing Nightmare's armor broken, that Siegfried was under it. So I said that yes indeed, Nightmare and Siegfried are the same person in this game, that is for sure, at least for Nightmare's character from what we've seen.
I remembered a statement saying that they would not put two same fighting styles characters in the game. So i suggested/guested that Sieg may not be here, especially since there will be only 20 chars at launch. Of course here, we can still discuss between SC passionnates. But you guys seem to have better sources, leaks, i can't beat that because i'm not aware of all this.

Something made me change my mind quite a lot after i've discussed with the producer and asked him why exactly they came back to the original version.
He said that they wanted to return to the original SC nature, which is EVIL VS GOOD. It's clear for the old generation who is for the good and evil, we all know their goals and cheer for them to achieve them, we love them for being good or bad.
And for this, the original cast and characters stories fit much more to this than the new generation. Made me realize that Sieg can be the key factor of the story mode they'd like to do because he would go from evil Night to become good Sieg. So i'm thinking he would be unlocked by finishing the story mode at some points. But hey, still guessing, and the fact i'm "famous" or not, doesn't change i'm also a fan that tries to guess from what I believe.

I see already that if Sieg is announced as a entiere playable character, that you'll point your finger at me and make fun of me for my statements. It would maybe make you happy, but it clearly doesn't change my life, i won't even think "oh crap i was wrong". I'll just think "oh that's so cool for the fans!". And if he's not in there at launch, then he'll surely be for 5dollars DLC lol.

By the way, just want to remind that "being famous" doesn't make me part away from the community. I'm still a player, i have always been. So i'd like you to talk about me just as one of yours, i've always been one of yours. The community has seen me growing. I've been in tournaments for almost 18years beginning with Soul Calibur 1, it's more than half of my whole life. Anybody can understand how important it is to me to see a Soul Calibur VI :) And this simple discussion that turns so serious about a character just shows how much we love this game.

Peace everybody, love you all and can't wait to travel again to compete very seriously for SCVI. Meet you and play you all again in all over the world. I'm very excited :D

PS : And if you'd like, i've played some games at EVO Japan that I asked someone to record :

It's actually hard to find someone to record, because we all wanna play it :D. We can't play more than 10min each time. I'll try to play more tomorrow. Also if you have any question for the producer, don't hesitate to tell me (on twitter). I'll ask him about this Sieg/Night thing and tell him what an amazing discussion we've had about this. :D

Hi all - I lived in Norway as a child, so was intrigued when I saw Grøh's name with the "slashed o".
It doesn't really make sense as it is, but it does make sense without the 'h' at the end — "Grø" is a Norwegian family name, and there's a mountain in Rogaland called Grø. I reckon they've translated his name wrongly and added the 'h' in error.

Sieg / no sieg controversy aside I'm personally more interested in hearing the opinion of competent players about the gameplay (expecially RE). What says you @Kayane?

Hello there !

It's funny to see all the comments here about what I said for Siegfried ! I'm sorry that my statements could have offended some of you, from what i'm reading, some can't just prevent themselves from criticizing me for this instead of having a simple discussion. :D

But I love how you've been so passionnate about all this.

I think there is a misunderstood about the Sieg stuff, because i didn't express myself correctly enough. So i'm sorry for that.
I just "confirmed" by seeing Nightmare's armor broken, that Siegfried was under it. So I said that yes indeed, Nightmare and Siegfried are the same person in this game, that is for sure, at least for Nightmare's character from what we've seen.
I remembered a statement saying that they would not put two same fighting styles characters in the game. So i suggested/guested that Sieg may not be here, especially since there will be only 20 chars at launch. Of course here, we can still discuss between SC passionnates. But you guys seem to have better sources, leaks, i can't beat that because i'm not aware of all this.

Something made me change my mind quite a lot after i've discussed with the producer and asked him why exactly they came back to the original version.
He said that they wanted to return to the original SC nature, which is EVIL VS GOOD. It's clear for the old generation who is for the good and evil, we all know their goals and cheer for them to achieve them, we love them for being good or bad.
And for this, the original cast and characters stories fit much more to this than the new generation. Made me realize that Sieg can be the key factor of the story mode they'd like to do because he would go from evil Night to become good Sieg. So i'm thinking he would be unlocked by finishing the story mode at some points. But hey, still guessing, and the fact i'm "famous" or not, doesn't change i'm also a fan that tries to guess from what I believe.

I see already that if Sieg is announced as a entiere playable character, that you'll point your finger at me and make fun of me for my statements. It would maybe make you happy, but it clearly doesn't change my life, i won't even think "oh crap i was wrong". I'll just think "oh that's so cool for the fans!". And if he's not in there at launch, then he'll surely be for 5dollars DLC lol.

By the way, just want to remind that "being famous" doesn't make me part away from the community. I'm still a player, i have always been. So i'd like you to talk about me just as one of yours, i've always been one of yours. The community has seen me growing. I've been in tournaments for almost 18years beginning with Soul Calibur 1, it's more than half of my whole life. Anybody can understand how important it is to me to see a Soul Calibur VI :) And this simple discussion that turns so serious about a character just shows how much we love this game.

Peace everybody, love you all and can't wait to travel again to compete very seriously for SCVI. Meet you and play you all again in all over the world. I'm very excited :D

PS : And if you'd like, i've played some games at EVO Japan that I asked someone to record :

It's actually hard to find someone to record, because we all wanna play it :D. We can't play more than 10min each time. I'll try to play more tomorrow. Also if you have any question for the producer, don't hesitate to tell me (on twitter). I'll ask him about this Sieg/Night thing and tell him what an amazing discussion we've had about this. :D

Thanks you for coming to clarify here @Kayane. People are hungry for information and a lots of fans of Siegfried were in crisis here lol and they feared that you get this information from the producer to announce that there won't be Siegfried. Maybe ... you can ask him directly tomorow to end the torture :D.

Please ask him also about Solo Content, I think it's big part for the sucess of this game.

@5:02 it looks like Xianghua has a new stance/transition after the fake?
@5:47 Okay, it's definitely a new stance/transition.

She is looking very much like SCIV.
She goes to stance after her new 6B and holding 2 (she crouches and may avoid some moves, couldn't try), then she has the exact same moves A, B, K that she had after the just kidding stance in SCIV. I tried to hold B to see if it guards break, but it doesn't.
When A hits in counter, it stuns opponent and i have to figure out if a good combo is guaranteed.

She has a mix up mid/low with her 6B, A and 6B B. It seems like a good mix up, but i have to know how much my opponent can punish after blocking the low to see the risk reward.

Some moves have changed inputs so i've been a bit disturbed, it's always like that when we play a new version. :)

She still has a crouching throw.

Very disappointed of her WS K that is a weird kick that looks like a neutral kick. lol

Couldn't play much today because i've been working for my shows, but i'll play more tomorrow.

Sorry @JohnMcKee, but can you just let me try stuff, let me be used to the moves, even if i repeat them (spam them if you want) to get used to them ? Come on, you'd do the same if you were playing the game...seriously. It's also hard to try new stuff when there's a random person playing with u, you're not gonna say "hey i'm gonna try stuff so go away" in japanese...
can you hate on something else ?

Sieg / no sieg controversy aside I'm personally more interested in hearing the opinion of competent players about the gameplay (expecially RE). What says you @Kayane?

Thank you for your consideration.

I think the speed game is good, makes me feel more like Soul Calibur 2 or 4 (the fact Xianghua is really like SCIV version makes me think about IV a lot).
Also, there were some lags/freezes during games that were quite annoying and faking also the sensation of the real speed.

The Reversal Edge is confusing me, I don't really understand the point on having it. I wish it was removed but they really count on it for beginners to have a way to come back. Have to understand it better and see at high level how it goes.

I'm liking the game and the sensations i have with it, but i feel nothing completely new. Soul Calibur players will really get on the game easily, because a lot of things, mechanics, moves etc are similar. It just looks like a mix of previous SCs. It's not like Street Fighter games where SFIV and SFV are completely different and take a long time to adapt. (i'm saying this because i also play SF and it's really a big change between each new game)

For now i don't see a new way to play Xianghua, she's really SCIV like, the stance is the exact same, so i hope not to be bored because i don't feel like discovering right now. I feel more "adapting" because of the button inputs changes for some moves, and different uses of the bars with Soul Charge.

I asked the producer why there were vertical bars on the health gauge, if it was to meant something in the future. He said it's gonna be removed because it's not important. But then he came back to me later with information saying : "When you'll have low health gauge, you'll have certain moves that will do more damages."
I asked "what kind of moves ?", he replied "we still have to define, balance it".

I hope he's still here tomorrow so i can ask more questions. French players are lucky because the other Bandai Namco staff speaks french and can translate very well. The producer speaks very good english too, rare for a japanese person !

Time to sleep now, i'll get you more infos tomorrow i hope !

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how they designed the new GI window in this game.

I guess once the meta evolves in high level play people will do a GI, then go take a shower, fill in their tax report, come back to see if the GI window is still active, make a sandwich if not, come back and continue the game. For older players like me who have real life shit to do this is great to balance gaming/real life obligations.

@Kayane

Soooo...did you check for FOTD or Asura? Can you SCC his 6AA like in SC2? That would be cool.

She is looking very much like SCIV.
She goes to stance after her new 6B and holding 2 (she crouches and may avoid some moves, couldn't try), then she has the exact same moves A, B, K that she had after the just kidding stance in SCIV. I tried to hold B to see if it guards break, but it doesn't.
When A hits in counter, it stuns opponent and i have to figure out if a good combo is guaranteed.

Some moves have changed inputs so i've been a bit disturbed, it's always like that when we play a new version. :)

She still has a crouching throw.

Very disappointed of her WS K that is a weird kick that looks like a neutral kick. lol

Couldn't play much today because i've been working for my shows, but i'll play more tomorrow.
Okay. Thank you so much for the info!

Thank you for your consideration.

I think the speed game is good, makes me feel more like Soul Calibur 2 or 4 (the fact Xianghua is really like SCIV version makes me think about IV a lot).
Also, there were some lags/freezes during games that were quite annoying and faking also the sensation of the real speed.

The Reversal Edge is confusing me, I don't really understand the point on having it. I wish it was removed but they really count on it for beginners to have a way to come back. Have to understand it better and see at high level how it goes.

I'm liking the game and the sensations i have with it, but i feel nothing completely new. Soul Calibur players will really get on the game easily, because a lot of things, mechanics, moves etc are similar. It just looks like a mix of previous SCs. It's not like Street Fighter games where SFIV and SFV are completely different and take a long time to adapt. (i'm saying this because i also play SF and it's really a big change between each new game)

For now i don't see a new way to play Xianghua, she's really SCIV like, the stance is the exact same, so i hope not to be bored because i don't feel like discovering right now. I feel more "adapting" because of the button inputs changes for some moves, and different uses of the bars with Soul Charge.

I asked the producer why there were vertical bars on the health gauge, if it was to meant something in the future. He said it's gonna be removed because it's not important. But then he came back to me later with information saying : "When you'll have low health gauge, you'll have certain moves that will do more damages."
I asked "what kind of moves ?", he replied "we still have to define, balance it".

I hope he's still here tomorrow so i can ask more questions. French players are lucky because the other Bandai Namco staff speaks french and can translate very well. The producer speaks very good english too, rare for a japanese person !

Time to sleep now, i'll get you more infos tomorrow i hope !
Thanks again! Have fun at EVO Japan!

@Kayane
I'm not hating, I'm just having an opinion on the gameplay you provide during tournaments. I'm not gonna derail this topic to talk about what I observe during your plays, so if you want to discuss via message, do not hesitate.

Last edited:
Groh.jpg

Kilik.jpg

Nightmare.jpg

Xianghua.jpg

I like how Groh and Claudio (T7) have some similarties lmao

They didn't mention anything about Kilik in his Story, you think they changed his backstory? or they don't want to reveal that he's Kilik Rival until Story Mode Reveal?

Grøh is good yeah, as you can see the "halo" on his weapons. They all have the same halo except for Nightmare. Difference between good and evil characters?

And finally, he is confirmed as Scandinavian xD

He kind of sounds like the Anti-Tira, seeking out Soul Edge connected people to kill them as opposed to her wanting to corrupt them further (although thinking about it, Tira might not follower of Soul Edge yet at this point in time).

I wonder if they'll have some sort of conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back