SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
in one of the videos, X did a CE startup, followed immediately by Nightmare doing SC. SC repelled CE. My question now is, whether SC was done on reaction or just happened to be used in the same time as X's CE
https://imgur.com/a/3FplQ
3FplQ

Last edited:
Actually ø is close to the German ö, which is quite different from the /eɪ/ sound in "grail" :/

Right - it’s said approximately like “Grur” (rhymes with “Fleur”) - I hope that makes sense. The way the announcer says it (like “Grow”) is wrong, but nevermind - it’s a weird letter :)

Aval could be a reference to Avalon, the island where Excalibur was forged.

Also, about the group, Grøh's description mentions "a king used the spirit sword to defeat its cursed counterpart". I thought Algol at first but he created Soul Calibur after his fight with Soul Edge and Arcturus. King Arthur also wielded Soul Calibur (as Excalibur) and the wiki states he used it to battle the King of the Saxons who possessed Soul Edge (though wiki doesn't give any citations and I can't seem to find the game that this info comes from so apologies if this is bogus).

So it looks like this Aval group could be descended from the Knights of the Round Table.

Hey guys, I'm new here so sorry if this is the wrong topic. I'm a huge Siegfried fan and I've played as him in every game since the start so I really, really hope he's in Soul Calibur 6. That being said, I recently saw the image of Nightmare with his armour broken off to reveal Siegfried is Nightmare once again, which I think is really cool, but now I can't help but be worried that my main and favourite character in the entire series might not make it in. So, for those in the know or who have a better understanding of things than myself I have one question: What are Siegfried's chances of being in this game and does Siegfried being Nightmare once again deconfirm him? I've been worrying about this a lot since I saw the image and would really appreciate an answer. Thanks in advance!
You probably want to go the Roster Speculation thread over in Soul Calibur Casual. The fact is that we don't know 100% either way, so it's all just a bunch of opinions. In general, here are the reasons people give for and against:

Siegfried is probably in because...
1. He's been in all the SoulCaliburs (except 2) and is a super popular character.
2. Rumors (from Hayate) seem to suggest he's in.
3. Nightmare has his moves from SC3+, indicating that his gameplay isn't meant to replace Siegfried.​

Siegfried is probably out because...
1. The roster looks to be on the small side (i.e. there's no way every previous SC character is making it in).
2. They gave Nightmare some of Siegfried's stances (such as Chief Hold), indicating that he could be meant as a Siegfried replacement.
3. Namco always claims they want to reduce the number of clones in the cast and (despite the differences in their movesets) two Zweihander users could be seen as redundant.
In the end, it's up to you decide which side you consider more convincing. I personally think he's still most likely in.

We could get unlockables that don't belong to those circles if those convenient gaps aren't DLC. Perhaps Siegfried is one of them? But looking at the roster and seeing how Nightmare is to the side makes it seem convenient enough to put Siegfried on the opposite side. Grou and Kilik prove this.

And I'm sure one of Siegfried's issues was his stances so the Zweihander alter egos can take different ones I guess.

Speaking of unlockable characters, I hope there are more unlockables in this game. SCIII had an amazing amount of unlockables (I don't think I even got everything) and SCIV had lots of characters you had to buy, but SCV only had some equipment and less than a handful of characters.

I'd love to see SCIII quality unlockables back again, complete with awesome 'Congratulations' screen. It made you feel accomplished.

I think Sieg should be in the game but maybe unlockable by beating Story Mode or a certain chapter of it (if his struggle with Nightmare is part of it, which it should be) or by beating Arcade with Nightmare so many times or something.

I miss that old days where you had to find and figure out how to unlock stuff and access secret battles rather than not having secrets at all and just having a shop (though I liked how SCIII did it where you still had to buy most of the things you unlocked).

If they do a Shop in SCVI I'd love to see the shopkeepers from SCIII be there as a cameo. Like maybe you get a random one each time. I can't see them doing it (too much work and voice casting) but it'd be neat to have as many throwbacks as possible to a Reboot of the original era.

I really think we need some gameplay experts to show up and I really don't know who the hardcores are. Maybe if someone tagged them and asked for their input we'd be able to notice the distinctions between Nightmare and Siegfried. Maybe notice differences between the Alexandra sisters?

Even SCV had unlockables. Just hope that there's a shop rather than levelling.

Speaking of unlockable characters, I hope there are more unlockables in this game. SCIII had an amazing amount of unlockables (I don't think I even got everything) and SCIV had lots of characters you had to buy, but SCV only had some equipment and less than a handful of characters.

I'd love to see SCIII quality unlockables back again, complete with awesome 'Congratulations' screen. It made you feel accomplished.

I think Sieg should be in the game but maybe unlockable by beating Story Mode or a certain chapter of it (if his struggle with Nightmare is part of it, which it should be) or by beating Arcade with Nightmare so many times or something.

I miss that old days where you had to find and figure out how to unlock stuff and access secret battles rather than not having secrets at all and just having a shop (though I liked how SCIII did it where you still had to buy most of the things you unlocked).

If they do a Shop in SCVI I'd love to see the shopkeepers from SCIII be there as a cameo. Like maybe you get a random one each time. I can't see them doing it (too much work and voice casting) but it'd be neat to have as many throwbacks as possible to a Reboot of the original era.

I'm a bit torn here. While they could do like in SCV where you can unlock stuff but also put an option to unlock everything, I'd rather have all characters unlocked but have other content locked. Old music, costumes, illustrations, movies, name it really.

Random thought about Papi/Father connecting to Aval: I'm starting to wonder if he's supposed to be a zealot or something. Maybe wields a mace? Not like Rock's though. Probably would have a huge-ass shield too. Probably the tanky type if Siegfried isn't separate. Havel the Rock's spiritual successor? Just a thought. We haven't really had a zealot which would suit the series. I'm not really counting Sophitia either as she's overall devoted to the good alignment and not trying to convert to worshipping the Olympians.

Father does seem like it'd be a suitable name. Alternately he could Aeon a former playable character. Darth Vader for the longsword? Who knows?

Can someone who's played tell me if Nightmare's AI is as cheap as it is in SCV? Even on Easy, he's a pain in the ass in Arcade. I know I need to 'git good' but I guess I could extend this question in general: is the AI overall better in terms of not reading your inputs quite so hard?

So much person asking Siegfried, I will be doing a video maybe for Sunday, I will try to give all my info and explain why I think he will be in the game. But yeah there is a small chance that namco has changed their mind. But at least so far, every things seem to happen 95% so I hope it will also be with Sieg.

Last edited:
Random bit I noticed: Xianghua broke Siegmare's lower equipment (not that kind) and he kept his boots and pants. We saw Mitsurugi lose his entire pants too. Gave me a CAS thought about layers. I'm wishing shoes stay on and we just choose grieves or whatever. And pants but SCV at least let you keep those on.
And of course X had to ruin her badass pose with that magical girl peace sign. It's cute on her at least but not your custom Hwang. That's just disturbing.
Kilik's broken lower also leaves him with and underlayer of pants, I guess he wore an extra pair just in case. I don't know how far the layering is going to be in custom characters, but it would be nice if you could pick and choose, maybe with a maximum cap of parts so you can't just say KEEP THEM ALL to give your character a bit more style/design. Like, you could design the "broken" state with limited number of parts, and then design the "full" state after making that, like a two-stage creation process.

And hopefully, we're not going to have to make a custom Hwang, and we'll just have real Hwang. But Edge Master doing Leixia's pose was cute. :sc5lei1:

Could have been some badass kung-fu pose. At least you can button mash to avoid certain win poses and taunts. I'm pretty sure they won't get ruined by their style's soul charge either since it'd really suck for say Ruby Rose fighting like Zasalamel, assuming he's in and can become Abyss, to power up and lose her skin. Eww.

Shirts don't seem safe either. If anything, the underpants and undershirt shouldn't be tied together when it wouldn't make sense.

Personally think Hwang is DLC bait.

Arondight is frequently mistranslated as the name of the sword isn't popular among all the Arthurian tales in the US. Much like many people don't remember or don't know of Bedivere as a knight of the round table. Or that Arthur had two swords, caliburn and excalibur.

And to be fair, Japanese is a tough language to translate. Translating a name back into english or its original language can lead to some interesting results. Besides that, Aerondight Replica may also be the intended spelling that the Japanese developers want.

I guess we'll see.

• Kilik
After being abandoned as a child, Kilik was raised by the monks of the Ling-Sheng Su temple where he was raised to be a proficient fighter. While never knowing his true family, Kilik befriended another orphan named Xianglian and a bond formed between them stronger than even the closest of siblings. They grew into proficient warriors, and their efforts were rewarded with each of them being chosen to inherit one of the temple’s three sacred treasures. However, on the night before the official handover ceremony, fate began to stir…

Kilik is proficient in the fighting style of the rod. Among the many rod styles surviving in China today, the techniques of Ling-Sheng Su are said to be among the most refined and powerful. The rod is a large and difficult weapon to master, however, the freedom of movement, effectiveness at any range, and offensive and defensive capabilities make it an appealing choice over other long weapons such as the spear.
  • Xianghua
Xianghua’s mother was from the prestigious Chai family in Beijing, and taught Xianghua swordsmanship from a young age, treating her with a firm but loving hand. Xianghua sensed these moments held some deeper significance than her mother was letting on. Perhaps it had something to do with her father, a man she never knew and was told had passed away. Two years after her mother’s death, she decided to focus on the way of the sword. With every passing day, her passion burned stronger than before.

Xianghua learned how to wield a sword from her mother and from a young age was enraptured by the beauty of her mother practicing the sword. Xianghua’s personal style relies less on taking her opponent down with head-on attacks and more on feints and landing a decisive blow only after her opponent has left an opening for her to exploit.

by: blog.us.playstation.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back