1. NO Chronicles of the lost sword! Those casuals who asked this mode will not play this mode. They just trolled so don't pay attention to them, just ignore them. Fighting game should be fighting game not be RTS or RPG.
Weapon Master Mode/ Mission Mode is excellent choice to satisfy both competitive and casual players.
2. NO pedolollis! In this game they should be banned. It's not DOA game.
3. NO guest characters! Guest characters as CAS parts (KOS-MOS in SC III as example) are allowed.
4. NO non playable boss characters! Due to game balance issues boss characters may be banned from online play, however in offline mode they should be fully playable in any game modes.
5. NO linear cinematic story mode! It should be non linear and not force you play fixed character wich you don't like. In this mode you can chose which character you want play.
Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

Now that I have my main wishlist out of the way, here are some minor (and greedy) wishes:

• Concerning Nightmare (my main!)
    • A Nightmare without GB ag:A is no Nightmare at all. Give it back! :sc2nm1:
    • Don't arbitrarily change move inputs (e.g. 1K in SCV is now 2K in SCVI, and vice versa).
    • Please god tell me that soul charged 66B+K into 66A+B isn't steppable after the first part.
    • Moves that were sorely missed in SCV --> SCIV 11K, GS A+B, BT B+K, and bA.
    • Please consider improving his wall combo potential. The step-down from IV to V was enormous in that regard, and it would be sad to see that loss of creative/executional depth persist.
    • Having only played IV and V, I am already fatigued by the idea that no interesting, new options are being added to his moveset (and that terrible moves are being retained, e.g. WR K from SCV).
      • It wouldn't hurt to at least change his throw animations slightly. It feels awfully stale to see the same stuff again and again. Ideally, I'd prefer new throws with new properties altogether.
      • Now that 33/99B is now also 66B, it seems all the more important to give Nightmare at least some new, somewhat safe option in GS (for that matter, why did the old 66B have to go anyway?).
  • Soul Charged Moves
    • I am really hoping that they are more than simple combo-extenders. From current footage, this seems to be particularly problematic for Nightmare (though his soul charged 6B seems sufficiently gross).
    • Ideally, I'd love for Soul Charge to deepen the diversity of decisions/threats available as opposed to simply tacking on an extra 20 damage or adding GB properties (e.g. think along the lines of SCV Mitsu's 3B, where punishment decisions were complicated due to the potential of the BE).
  • Gear Training Mode towards the Casual Player
    • Of course, make all of these optional, so that no casual player feels forced or hindered in any way.
    • For those casual players looking to improve their game, Training Mode has categorically failed them. What it desperately needs is an introduction to the fundamentals of fighting games (either simply written, or via a series of short tutorials): punishment (frame advantage and disadvantage), spacing, ring outs, grabs, GI, etc. I mean even a simple tutorial on "How to Guard and Counterattack" would be vital to improving the overall skill level of the player population.

Single Player/Story:
  • Mortal Kombat 9 style (wishful thinking..)
  • Chronicles of the Sword
  • Weapon Master
  • Arcade Mode endings
Mechanics/Gameplay:
  • 4G Guard Impact
  • Options to toggle hold for menu popup during fights
  • A+K moves
Versus:
  • Extra Versus with weapon effects
  • Team Battle
Characters:
(Please bring back)
  • Siegfried
  • Setsuka
  • Tira
  • Seong Mi-Na
(Please leave out)
  • Algol
  • Z.W.E.I.
Creation:
DevilsDisguise had a terrific idea for CaS characters to include malfested customization options.
  • Malfested Customization Options
  • Separate Options for Nose, Eyes, etc.
  • Taunt Selection

*************On Raphael**************

Raphael must not be replaced by Amy. Stick to his moveset based on Preparation with strong verticals and bring back former moves and prep entries from SoulCalibur 2. No other character should use a rapier.
Make him as stylish and classy as in SoulCalibur 4 clothes wise.

*************Thank you***************

*Amy could be an alternative costume to Raphael.

I said this on /v/ the other day that Shredder would make an excellent guest character. He would be like Yoshimitsu in that it's a different guy taking the moniker on a quest to find Soul Edge to destroy his rival the Turtle Clan.

IMG_0331.png

:sc1vol1:please get rid of the armor break. Please bring voldo back. :sc2vol2:

:sc2vol2:please stop using Capcom as an example. Capcom has done nothing right with there fighting games recently. I want anything Capcom related to be as far away from soul calibur as possible.:sc2vol3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prepare for a long-ass list, because the more i think about it the more quality of life changes I want.

- Like @DevilsDisguise said, Malfestation options would be brilliant.
- Same for people who want Lizardmen and Skelebums. We want them.
- Ashlotte, even as a bonus. I really loved her design and she is SO cute, can't help but love her. Also, Astaroth exists as a Not-Mass-Produced-Copy she has a reason to exist, I geuss. Plus she is technically canon, because she brought astaroth's heart to fygul cemestus IIRC.
- Valeria, Miser, Lynette and Greed. At least Three of these as DLC would be brilliant, I can live without these guys easily, but i'd really like to see them again.
-Small CAS things, like the Nails, or the Earrings (both genders), Heterochromia etc.. Nothing hard.
- Customised soul charges, and trails, as well as hit effects.
- Weapon editor, like I said in previous posts. Nothing to complex though. Just a way to add a bit of character to a CAS
- Customisable armor breaks, like in previous posts. (trying to hammer this and all the other things home)
- Infinite stickers.
- Setsuka's Style
- A new female character.
- Multiple voices per set (explained better in another post) that are NOT gender specific.
- The DLCs from SCV as at least DLC, because I NEED that Mervelleuse Dress costume. And the Valkyrie armor, and the Dark Warrior Armor.
- Decent looking CAS gear, doesn't need to look better than the original costumes, they just need to look kind of presentable with a couple patterns on them like the leather shirt for females in SCV. Which for some reasons males can't get?
- Almost all things should be unisex, other than shit like bikinis.
- DLC styles later in the lifespan of the game, like Pat, or maybe ZWEI if he doesn't get in. Or necrid.
- Ashlotte.
- Ashlotte.
- Ashlotte.
- Possibly a hairstyle editor like the one in tekken? The tag 2 one though.
- Prefereably some Cas hats. that DON'T CLIP. That bugged me. Never got to use the valkyrie helmet because it looks crap wiht every hairstyle.
- Soul Charge transformations? Kinda Like Groh soul charge.
- The most important thing of all.
- An Egyptian female character, or at least some egyptian style gear, even for DLC. Same with stuff from africa in general, and other parts of asia, like the Philippines.
- Having two separate arm slots, so that we can have characters with just one sleeve, or glove, or armored arm, or pauldron.
- Aeon, instead of Lizardman, I want someone intimidating.
- The most important thing of all. CONTINUED SUPPORT AFTER THE RELEASE OF THE GAME!

- Cancel moves, and lots of them, like in SC2, if they want to bring the series back to its roots, thats what they have to do..SC2 was the best imo in gameplay, not just because of freedom of movement, also by the lot of cancels and poses it had, this brough the ability to have lots of different playstyles. And cancel moves will help to balance the current GI system, along with break attacks.

- WL moves, but actually while landing moves, like before, jump and press an attack button to perform one.

- Bring back the SCV music per stage selector, but with more soundtracks available per game as DLC, i think we just had 4 soundtracks of each SC game, and that kinda sucked :(

- Modify the armor break, so it doesnt break that much armor per section. For example, Nightmare, instead of losing his enire low armor and be left with those ugly pants, make it so just break a half, or a section, with scratches, idk. The armor break looks so unpolished and lazy right now.

- Increase the polygon number of the characters, it can be that graphically we are stick with last gen amount of polygons on the characters, this sound stupid, but annoys me.

- Hilde, Siegfried, Yunseong, Amy, Geralt, Setsuka and Cassandra please.

Here is my wish list;

1. NO CaS!
It's a waist of development resources. Most people here if not all wants their favorite character in the game. So creating your own fictional character defeats the purpose of the original characters. And I don't want to fight crengy looking characters that I don't know what is their fighting style from the first glimpse. It is damn annoying. It's better focusing on the original characters and their aesthetics.

2. Robust Tutorial mode
We want people (new comers) to start playing the game with a sense of the in and outs of the game. We don't want it to be like T7 where only those who've been worshiping-playing the game for decades knows all the hidden secrets of the game while others are oblivious to why they are getting destroyed. SC3 had one of the best tutorials in any fighting game.

3. Chronicle of the Sword / Museum Mode
It was a fun mode and casual players will defiantly love it. Unlocking stuff to watch it in the museum gives the player a sense of a accomplishment. Thus will raise the ratings for the game.

4.Robust Online Experience
PLEASE BAMCO! don't be lazy and make the online experience just like T7. It was awful. Long loading time, even when you are re-matching. Players play against each other with no set of times, making it hard to find opponents. Just make the online experience like SFV. You play against your opponent in 3 set 2 win matches for both casual and rank. Show only Ranking points. No need to show win lose ratio. Some people, specially newcomers will be discouraged if they keep losing a lot of matches.

5.Online training
This shouldn't be difficult to implement. And it will help players getting better at the game.

6.Legacy Costumes
Bring back old costume from past series to all characters. Even from Soul Edge. Make some of them unshockable while others you can make them as DLC if you want.

7.Jap/Eng Voices
We should be able to chose who speaks English and who speaks Japanese. It is not difficult to implement. SF is doing it, so SC can do too.

8.Balance and Support
This is a no brainer. Without good balance, the game will die faster than would think. Lot's of fighting games are coming out and for the game to keep on living for at least 5 years, the community support wont cut it. Bamco needs to constantly update and support the game. Again, look at what CAPCOM is doing with SFV.

A. Characters
1) Talim
2) New Female
3) Bango​
B. Game Modes
1) Team Battle
2) Legendary Souls
3) Online Training​
C. Extras/ Other
1) continued DLC and Patches support
2) primer skins for the cast from V
3) Story Mode Cutscene selector
4) Arcade Endings
5) strong netcode
6) tournament support​

1) CaS.
2) Don't cap our CaS slots to some arbitrary limit (I.E. 50 slots). Let us use our hard drive space instead, and let it be on us to how much memory we want to use.
3) CaS costume incompatibility. Let us decide if bits and pieces don't go together (or do) instead of like SC5 where so many neat ideas couldn't come to fruition because they couldn't go together or had some clipping issue.
4) More ethically diverse CaS gear.
5) New female fighting style. The idea for the muscle-woman is a good one, hope it comes to completion.
6) Tourney support.

Last edited:
Create a soul should include guest characters cause otherwise the slot feels waisted to those for whom cas is the biggest draw as soul calibur is the only fighting game option for such a feature.

Also as has been mentioned the ability to to lock certain components from being destroyed. Nothing more jarring than having your demon creation suddenly having no horns wings or tail. Even more silly having your faun suddenly sprouting human legs.

Also forgot a big one. I want Amy back not as Viola either. Though would be fine as a separate character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot a couple things in my previous post.

Mechanics/Gameplay:
  • Shorter Guard Impact window
  • Guard Impact to not affect throw attempts
  • Frame data on the safer side like SC2
  • Option to disable armor breaks (hopefully what we see is just the early build version of the destructible armor disappearing rather than showing it's actual destroyed appearance in the final version)
  • Option to toggle CaS appearance (Show default character for style on your screen)
  • Easy to use report player system for
    • Cheating
    • Offensive Customization/Emblem
    • Language
Extras
  • Museum Mode
  • Post release balance and support

1.) Cassandra
2.) Frame data in training mode
3.) Online training mode
4.) Rank mode where each character has a separate rank

latest
- ALGOL SoulCalibur VI
it would be nice to know his true detailed story (SoulCalibur creator, Edgemaster rival) and see him fight without the power of "shoot bubbles" but only when he owned the old SoulEdge !
(and not become possessed by it!)
Damn i want to know

I'd love to have the Apprentice's fighting style back! Don't need to be a new character... I'd be glad to have it on CaS, with a sword or a scimitar, holding the weapon behind like he

Another addition(s) that some people have mentioned already, but hey, more exposure for good ideas is never a bad thing.

1) Guest character 'Souls'. Being able to use the guest characters styles for CAS would be fantastic.
2) Having all (or most) of the past guest characters would be amazing for CAS. I get that there may be licensing issues, hence the 'most.' if possible.
3) Custom armor breaks: Having your elves / angels / demons / whatever anyone creates lose that 'vital' part that defines them is silly. Remember the goat legs? Now they suddenly sprouted human legs.
4) More sliders for character customization. I can't stress this enough. Sliders for height (instead of 4 options), weight, musculature / body fat, etc.
5) Heterochromia would be a nice option.
6) Don't limit the amount of scars to... I believe it was 3 or 4. Same with tattoos / stickers. C'mon.
7) Weapon / hairstyle editor would be fantastic.
8) Mod support for CAS. There would be TONS of modders who would be more than happy to create all sorts of clothing / hats / jewelery / masks, you name it.

I wanted to post this all planned out, but I guess that I will just type what is in my mind for what I hope will be in Soul Calibur VI as I go. So Bandai Namco/Project Soul employee here is my wishlist.

1. A Decent Roster Size at Launch: If there is one thing that bothers me the most right now is how there are only 20 character slots at the early stages of what we see in the game. Seeing how we have Groh, his rumored dad, and the guest character Geralt that means we will only have 17 characters returning to the game and honestly I feel like that won't be enough. I don't think it would do the game any favors if a lot of the characters that won't be at launch will be returning only as dlc. My ideal size will be at least 28 characters at launch. However, if that can't happen for any reason than I would take at least 26-24 characters than.

2. Make the Story Mode Passable at Least: So, from what I have heard you guys realized that the story from the last game didn't wow people and only left them in a foul mood. Also, I need to mention Tekken 7 since it is made from you guys as well. That game's mode wasn't that great either and for some reason it was a wonderful idea to have a lot of the story be told from some journalist's point of view with a very...monotone voice. If there is one thing I love about the Soul Calibur series is that it is laced with rich lore and I see that you guys are taking the right steps by showing that off when Kilik goes into his super mode. In the story I would like to play as many characters so that they each get their moment to shine just like in Injustice and MK. This is why I also loved Tales of Soul in III because I could see the point of view of the character I choose. This would also be good for newcomers as they get to see which character they feel comfortable playing as as they go. Finally I am not so sure how you guys want to make the story 'epic' as I feel that is something that is hard to accomplish on purpose, though just make it decent and reliable to people. Just, don't have us play as a polarizing protagonist and the story being told through some dude with a very monotone voice.

3. More Offline Single Player Content: Please, please, please do this! In the latest entries we have gotten (IV and V) there was a sad lack of content and all we had was Create a Soul. While I do enjoy that mode, it could get boring real fast when that was all we had. What I would love to see return in this game is Team Battle from II. I loved to select up to eight characters and use them to fight against my sis or the AI. I also loved to play the modes in three like fighting against the huge statue that is in Sophitia's stage or fighting against the three maids in a limited time. It was also rewarding when you got prizes when you beat the modes. Also, I will love to see the return of the museum so that I can look at the concept artwork while listening to the relaxing music that goes with it. Weapon Exhibition mode would also be a plus.

4. Stages and Weapons getting Effects: Something that I loved from 2 was when you played in certain modes there were stages that were either slippery, hot, quick sand or wind blowing at you to get you off the stage! I would also like the weapons to get effects again like how Soul Edge drains your life while giving you strength while Soul Calibur healed you over time. It was just something that I enjoyed seeing and made the game more interesting to play.

5. Improvements to Create A Soul: So... there isn't much I want to say about this mode since I feel that a lot of people have covered it. However I will say that I want all pieces of clothing to actually fit on the character you are making. Sometimes they just looked so bulky that it just didn't look right. I also don't want the outfit to be completely torn off and leave the character half naked. This was such a glaring flaw in V that I can't believe it wasn't patched. It also didn't help that when you made a creature; that creature's parts will just come off and that just wouldn't look right. Therefore I would love an option to disable this feature only if we can't select what we feel should come off during battle. Also, to give credit to Arc Graves I would also like there to be an option to report people online for making offensive CaS. Sometimes people will get a little too creative and make something that just isn't okay.

6. Miscellaneous: Please have Talim come back with a more balanced moveset. She is one of my favorite characters and pretty much part of the reason I got into this great video game series. I will admit that she was tricky to play in 2 and 3 though I still liked to use her. So if she comes back to something similar like in Soul Calibur II that would make me very happy.

Please bring back Seong Mina and Yun Seong. Mina because that is my sister's favorite character and it would make her very happy to see her come back (besides, she is one of the first girls in the game) and Yun because I actually like him, and while an unpopular opinion I do like him more than Hwang since I feel he has more character than him.

Return some of the bonus characters/moveset from III and IV. I have to admit that I would actually like to see characters like Asholette, Valeria, Lynette, Chester, Demuth, etc. Asholette because she has one of the most appealing designs from the bonus characters and is the most canon characters from the fellow bonus characters in IV. I will also love it if she comes back with her own unique moveset. To be honest, I don't really want to see Demuth come back, but I do want his weapon to come back to a new character with a more better moveset; the same for the others I mentioned. III did have some interesting weapons for the bonus characters and I will want those to come back with better, complete movesets.

Endings for each character again, please.

Also, the same number of stages for each character in this game.

Support after this game's release, like patches.

While not my favorite, if there is going to be DLC I want something like more characters (like new, original characters that doesn't include guests), stages, modes, or/and expanded story. Not just pieces of clothes for CaS.

To wrap this up thank you for not forgetting us and I am so happy to see that we finally get another game after all these long years. So truly, thank you so much.

Back