SoulCalibur beta - ranking matches

Mantis2K

[10] Knight
What ranking did you achieve? Who were the best players you fought against and what character did they use? Did you manage to get any recordings from that eventful weekend? If so please post here...

Best players I fought were a nightmare player called Keev_rayne and a maxi player called sc_yin pretty sure I got railed almost every game vs those two. remembered to record a few games though it's mostly me getting ass blasted, here are some of the nightmare games.
Will post more later.

I got up to rank F4. My win ratio in general was 2 to 1 across the weekend overall. But I definitely got stomped a few times.

I fought an Amy Lionheart who absolutely decimated me over two battles (my Talim vs her Ivy). Completely out zoned me, and I had no idea what to do. Was a really fun match for me to play actually. Find the link to the two battles recorded below:

I decided this to be my last match of beta (so you'll see my rank there, in the vid), and what a match it was. Keev's Nightmare was adapting from round to round, until, in the final 3rd battle, I could barely even try to offer resistance.
If only I had gotten my ps4 a few days before the beta, I would've learned sooner how to use the ps4 share function and thus record my other exciting matches.

The rest of the matches i recorded are here.
only thing I regret now is that I didn't play the game at all before the beta came out, should have gone to an event or 2 at least.

I saw another match with SC Yin online, but I don't think he's really all that... just good defence. Not like IRM and his extended strings.

I fought 2 good Taki players - one in the air and one on the ground - but it seems I only got a recording of the good ground player:

I got up to rank F4. My win ratio in general was 2 to 1 across the weekend overall. But I definitely got stomped a few times.

I fought an Amy Lionheart who absolutely decimated me over two battles (my Talim vs her Ivy). Completely out zoned me, and I had no idea what to do. Was a really fun match for me to play actually. Find the link to the two battles recorded below:

I remember Amy Lionheart from SCV, steady Ivy, but I managed to won her most of the times. I was focused on playing with my friends, had I chosen "Any Language" on matchmaking, we could have had greater chances of playing.

I decided this to be my last match of beta (so you'll see my rank there, in the vid), and what a match it was. Keev's Nightmare was adapting from round to round, until, in the final 3rd battle, I could barely even try to offer resistance.
If only I had gotten my ps4 a few days before the beta, I would've learned sooner how to use the ps4 share function and thus record my other exciting matches.

Cool Ivy, wish you were on Xbox. <3

Here's my pathetic attempt at learning Zas - based on the awesome guides given to us prior to the beta by @AndyrooSC

I'm just pleased that I managed to pull out some TS3 combos:
Check out the back kicks against the wall at the 4:30 mark!

And here's me attempting to learn Mitsu:

Last edited:
Here's an EXPERT EXPERT Ivy player I fought against... I only ever saw Linkrkc pull out the arrow in the sky combo, and now this guy...

I didn't record very much, unfortunately. Only three vids to speak of. One short bit with a classic GI exchange and two versus matches as Yoshimitsu against not very good opponents.

I did encounter a decent Geralt player:

He plays a bit like that SonicFox!

Also, don't forget my glitch video - seems nobody else has reported any glitches so far:

I saw another match with SC Yin online, but I don't think he's really all that... just good defence. Not like IRM and his extended strings.

I fought 2 good Taki players - one in the air and one on the ground - but it seems I only got a recording of the good ground player:
Ouch... GGs, I gotta learn how to use Taki's Possession attacks like that.

Please find me a better Talim player/match up - best I encountered so far:

I want to see what else Talim is capable of in the right hands!

Back