SoulCalibur Concept Art by Passion Republic

• Admin
Passion Republic is a company that creates concept arts for popular video games such as Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat X, and Batman Arkham Knight. You can see some of their pieces on their website which will be linked at the bottom. If you own Mortal Kombat X, then you may have noticed that some of these concept arts are featured as unlockables in the Krypt.

These images could potentially be official designs for potential characters in the next SoulCalibur installment. Enjoy the gallery!

KilikPassionRepublic1.jpg

KilikPassionRepublic2.jpg

NatsuPassionRepublic1.jpg
NatsuPassionRepublic2.jpg

NightmarePassionRepublic1.jpg
NightmarePassionRepublic2.jpg

SophitiaPassionRepublic1.jpg
SophitiaPassionRepublic2.jpg

SacredCityMoodsPassionRepublic1.jpg
SacredCityMoodsPassionRepublic2.jpg

Source: http://www.passionrepublic.com/en/work.html

Update: These are confirmed by Passion Republic to be unrelated to a new game. They're just used for their portfolio.

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Also, what if that is actually Pyrrha? I mean, Kilik looks like he's even older than he was in SCV and Natsu looks older as well, so what if that is just an older version of Pyrrha?

Of course, I don't know if another time skip is going to win over the people who didn't like the first one. But, I'd be down for a time skip as long as Mitsu and Cerv don't get old as fuck and die

Also, what if that is actually Pyrrha? I mean, Kilik looks like he's even older than he was in SCV and Natsu looks older as well, so what if that is just an older version of Pyrrha?

Of course, I don't know if another time skip is going to win over the people who didn't like the first one. But, I'd be down for a time skip as long as Mitsu and Cerv don't get old as fuck and die
No, that looks way too much like Sophitia. I compared their faces and it looks nothing like Pyrrha.

No, that looks way too much like Sophitia. I compared their faces and it looks nothing like Pyrrha.
Not to me. It looks like an older Pyrrha without the freckles to me. Its not uncommon for children to look like their parents, especially if the fan base of a game wanted to keep the parent character. Plus, this doesn't seem to be drawn by the same artist who does the art for soul calibur characters, although similarly done

Not to me. It looks like an older Pyrrha without the freckles to me. Its not uncommon for children to look like their parents, especially if the fan base of a game wanted to keep the parent character. Plus, this doesn't seem to be drawn by the same artist who does the art for soul calibur characters, although similarly done
I have a hard time believing that's supposed to be Pyrrha. It looks far closer to Sophitia in terms of design, from her face to her costumes. This looks nothing like Pyrrha, and far closer to Sophitia. Plus, I have a hard time believing Pyrrha would dress like that.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. They confirmed this has no connection to Soulcalibur.

"My guess is they are just covering their asses. If the game is announced from Namco at Gamescom, the release this soon to this date makes me think they just goofed and uploaded their work prematurely. Here's to hoping my hopes and dreams aren't crushed"

I know passion republic denied this had anything to do with soul calibur, but that is how I feel about it

If they are under NDA, they cannot lie about their implication nor reveal anything. So if they were really working for Bamco, they'd take off the designs rather than going plain "no no, these are not official" (also, they CANNOT say that if they are under NDA).

And that's definitely Sophitia :D Because if they were to go further in time, people would not be pleased!

The signature hairstyle should give it away. It's definitely Sophitia. I don't really know if they would want to make her a 110% exact clon of Sophitia even in appearance. The Greek goddess themed dress is also another big indication that it's Sophitia. That's been her style since Soul edge.

The signature hairstyle should give it away. It's definitely Sophitia. I don't really know if they would want to make her a 110% exact clon of Sophitia even in appearance. The Greek goddess themed dress is also another big indication that it's Sophitia. That's been her style since Soul edge.
Actally, Pyrrha's 2p hair looks identical to Sophitia's hair. At first, I was certain that this was Sophitia, but the facial expressions don't seem unlike Pyrrha's at all, especially from concept art one. That and the fact Natsu and Kilik (and possibly Nightmare) indicate some degree of time passed, makes me believe that this may be Pyrrha.

Actally, Pyrrha's 2p hair looks identical to Sophitia's hair. At first, I was certain that this was Sophitia, but the facial expressions don't seem unlike Pyrrha's at all, especially from concept art one. That and the fact Natsu and Kilik (and possibly Nightmare) indicate some degree of time passed, makes me believe that this may be Pyrrha.
Her face looks nothing like Pyrrha's, nor is is her shape. Regardless, it doesn't matter anyways since this has no relation to Project Soul.

I wouldn't say identical. The tail of that hairstyle might be similar to Sophitia's, but everything else is pretty different.
soul-calibur-v-pyrrha-1.jpg
Warriors-Orochi-3-Ultimate_2014_07-21-14_045.jpg

Also, the golden halo-like headpiece she wears in that new artwork is similar to the one she wore in her SCIII P1 Costume:
sc3art1.jpg

Pyrrha has those cute little freckles, oh and is still malfested

Am i the only one who keeps on checking back to their website to see if they uploaded more?
Also, does anyone know of a way to get them in full resolution? I've tried searching for a way to download them but i can't find it.

OK i'm here again :) The last Nightmare looks the best on the series, 3rd Kilik is the best, Sophitia with gold on her and Natsu with these dual bladed weapon. Let the soul still burn!

Live streams

5 Viewers
FrenchWitcher_
FrenchWitcher_
[FR/+18/NO-MIC] Je suis avec un pote donc on chill

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members