SoulCalibur Concept Art by Passion Republic

• Admin
Passion Republic is a company that creates concept arts for popular video games such as Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat X, and Batman Arkham Knight. You can see some of their pieces on their website which will be linked at the bottom. If you own Mortal Kombat X, then you may have noticed that some of these concept arts are featured as unlockables in the Krypt.

These images could potentially be official designs for potential characters in the next SoulCalibur installment. Enjoy the gallery!

KilikPassionRepublic1.jpg

KilikPassionRepublic2.jpg

NatsuPassionRepublic1.jpg
NatsuPassionRepublic2.jpg

NightmarePassionRepublic1.jpg
NightmarePassionRepublic2.jpg

SophitiaPassionRepublic1.jpg
SophitiaPassionRepublic2.jpg

SacredCityMoodsPassionRepublic1.jpg
SacredCityMoodsPassionRepublic2.jpg

Source: http://www.passionrepublic.com/en/work.html

Update: These are confirmed by Passion Republic to be unrelated to a new game. They're just used for their portfolio.

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
I think Bandai Namco are testing the interest that people may have about the franchise, not a while ago there was the Comic Con speech, and few weeks later this, i'm not meaning that those have direct relation to an hypothetical SC6, but it was obviously done on purpose.

I really like the 1st, 3rd & 4th NM images.

Hopefully if we do get a SCVI the equipment in creation mode will be intricate and exquisite enough to allow a recreation of them.

I don't know but that nightmare looks more like another step in evolution to become Nightterror. Real badass.
I'm counting on something for TGS i don't care if it's a teaser or even if it's just a word, just something to confirm that "Yes, soul calibur w/e".

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!

If Namco/Project Soul they are working for Soul Calibur 6! I want to show us something "complete" a trailer of gameplay, showing characters returning and new and an information about the consoles that it'll be released in 2017 probably! I hate waiting and waiting.... Let's see their chances to show us something are now in Gamescom, after that in Tokyo Game Show and then in Paris Game Week... Fingers crossed!

neat.

Would be a cool twist if somehow it was Taki who was arahabaki possessed and Natsu trying to save her

@Party Wolf "Update: These are confirmed by Passion Republic to be unrelated to a new game. They're just used for their portfolio."

My guess is they are just covering their asses. If the game is announced from Namco at Gamescom, the release this soon to this date makes me think they just goofed and uploaded their work prematurely. Here's to hoping my hopes and dreams aren't crushed

Man, you know I wonder if we're nearing a time when we could just make our own game.

What with 3D printing making strides, people making their own apps, developers not wanting to be told what direction a game will go by their company.

Imagine if a developer with skill level akin to Hideo Kojima was super passionate about a 3D fighter similar to Soul Calibur.

A good thing about all of this is that it got the internet buzzing about SC again. Hopefully it shows Hoshino, PS, and Namco that people still want SCVI. Since all the begging from 2013 to this day wasn't enough for them.

Imagine a kind of open source SC game where developers can change things over time like software. The people (hardcore fans) can actually vote to have things added or changed.

Instead of a game that's numbered
(IV,V,VI) Being spoonfed the features we want.
Waiting on these losers to care as much as we do.
Being subject to their priorities.

Sure there would need to be a kind of line of command. Casual-fags can't just decide to change good shit the majority vote for.

We could have the power.

I fail to see what 3D printing has to do with anything
Making these games cost money.
Money that Tekken usually gets dibs on. If the equipment necessary was bought then printed enough to send to other developers. Progress would skyrocket

It would then be a question of how passionate are you?

Rather than,"how much money are we, the company, willing to let your SC community play with?"

Last edited:

Live streams

14 Viewers
Sinbbad
Sinbbad
Would you rather have a kazoo for a nose, or have anyone named Chris be able to read your mind?
2 Viewers
EZAKIMAKv2
EZAKIMAKv2
Accidentally ranked to S

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member