Soulcalibur II HD Online Gets Patched!

• Admin
So by now we all know that the HD remake of SC2 was created using the European version of the game; which happened to be the final edition of the game when it came out back in the previous generation of consoles. Unfortunately, it also happened to be the worst version of the game; so bad that even at some European tournaments, they used the North American version!

Well this week, Bandai-Namco (formerly Namco-Bandai), released a patch that addresses some of the bugs introduced with the European version; as well as some of the bugs introduced in the HD-porting process. No word on whether or not this patch adjusts many of the issues with frames in the game, including the changes to clash windows... However, this is pretty good since I don't think any of us were expecting a patch in the first place.

Online Matching service improvements:
  • Improved matching filters. Players will now have the choice to search an opponent depending on his region.
    • Available region are: “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, “Asia” and “ANY”.
    • ANY do not means all regions. ANY means all regions except “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, and “Asia”.
  • Online matching search settings are now saved until the console is rebooted.
  • Rematch option can now be chosen during Online Free Match mode. The option have to be activated when player creates the game.
  • Communication quality meter is now displayed along the fight next to opponent’s ID.
Fixed historical known bugs of the original SoulCalibur II PAL version released 10 years ago:
  • Cervantes crash bug from Arcade Version has been fixed
    • Cervantes :A+K: (Guard Impact)
  • Fixed bugs on several characters
    • Ivy :4::A+B:~:B: cannot be guard > Fixed
    • Maxi's :3::B+K:~:B: hits twice > Fixed
    • Voldo's "Mantis Fire Dance". Mantis Crawl => :6::6: is cancelled by pressing :G: while command is performed > Fixed
    • Kilik's :K: is hit, it can be cancelled by pressing :G: > Fixed

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I absolutely cannot believe this happened. Coolest thing Namco has done all year. This is very promising. :D

Now to test and see what's up. Hopefully everyone spreads the word.

The patches is available for update now. I'm very excited about this. I have tried the Online Mode Setting. It is good enough for some online casual games. I'm satisfied by this new rematch system routine.
Hey! Everyone give it a try again. It will give you better impression this times.
I'm happy.

Last edited:
Interesting. May look more into this.

For those with more experience in the PAL verison, was there any other annoying gameplay bugs that are left outstanding ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back