SoulCalibur III Arcade Edition HD ONLINE

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
SCIII Arcade Edition is a more bare-boned version of the game than console, therefore easier to port. It is more balanced and glitch free. It has console bonus characters become a full fledged part of the main roster such as the dual nunchaku wielding Li Long, Hwang, and Amy. Not very many people have had a chance to appreciate it as it had a very limited North American release. If you loved SCIII please tweet and retweet this image out to @achilles_Okubo @MarkMan23 @soulcalibur @BandaiNamcoUS @BandaiNamcoFR let them know that we want this as a reality! Wouldn't it be nice to have to hold us over until SCVI?

DQkk50WX4AENKnj.jpg:large

Last edited:
Yes it would be great to have that SC on PSN before the disc of the long awaited SCVI.
But what if SCVI actually is in advanced development and it's to release in February or March?

It'd be nice to have the gameplay of the Arcade Edition with the content of the original, mainly because SCIII had so much singleplayer content that I can't imagine removing them. Too bad combining the two would require effort on Namco's part.

Damn it, my heart skipped a beat reading this thread's title. That said, the ideal "SCIII HD" would have the Arcade Editions fixes (and character additions), the home version's content, and Online multiplayer. On as many platforms as they can get it to so that more folks stop overlooking this amazing game.

Yeah, it could happen, but its unlikely, since SC6 is being developed, specially since it may touch SC3's story. Yeah, SC3 could do well with the Arcade fixes, turning Amy, Hwang and Li Long into regular characters, Inferno as a boss and, specially no save issue that ruins the progress, but right now, I doubt it.

Well, the likely case may actually be that just like SC2HD where it was released a year after SCV, and how SC:Broken Destiny was released a year after SCIV, SC3HD may happen in 2019.

The original version was littered with bugs due to which the game never even made it to EVO, so in that sense it was the low point. Many people like me just didn't even get the Arcade Edition although I've of course heard that it fixed the game.

SCIII Arcade Edition is a more bare-boned version of the game than console, therefore easier to port. It is more balanced and glitch free. It has console bonus characters become a full fledged part of the main roster such as the dual nunchaku wielding Li Long, Hwang, and Amy. Not very many people have had a chance to appreciate it as it had a very limited North American release. If you loved SCIII please tweet and retweet this image out to @achilles_Okubo @Harada_TEKKEN @MarkMan23 @soulcalibur @BandaiNamcoUS @BandaiNamcoFR let them know that we want this as a reality! Wouldn't it be nice to have to hold us over until SCVI?

DQkk50WX4AENKnj.jpg:large

I'll tweet this out if I see proof of a few others doing so to the people you wish me to tweet to. I seriously doubt Hwang and Li Long will return in SCVI so it would be nice to have this as a consolation prize. Please respond in this thread saying if you have tweeted them this. I'll probably do so tomorrow when I'm free

to hold us over until SCVI
Most probably if they'll start working on it now, not only would this slow down SCVI development, but it's still also going to be out later than SCVI itself.
I say no, because we already have a proper new SC on the horizon. Half a year ago I would've agreed, but not now.

SCIII has VC Glitches, Chronicles of The Sword has a file corrpution bug if you deleted a game on the PS2 memory card with SCIII data on it, and the PS2 version came first. Then, Namco made SCIII Arcade Edition. That is why Soul Calibur was never in arcades after SCIII came out.

The original version was littered with bugs due to which the game never even made it to EVO, so in that sense it was the low point. Many people like me just didn't even get the Arcade Edition although I've of course heard that it fixed the game.

I don't see why you'd take the bugs/glitches or balance issues into consideration when we're talking about porting the version that fixed all of those. With them fixed, I'd say you're left with one of the very best entries in the series. If there's something else that makes it the "low point", I'd sure like to know what.

Tweeted.
This would be amazing. I'd be fine with them releasing SCVI in 2019 if this becomes a reality. Only if they do it right, unlike sc2hdo.
However, i don't think it'll ever happen. lol

@Harada_TEKKEN mentioned that he isn't as involved with SC, so it's better not to tweet him about it. Removing his name from original post.

@TekkenLover I've tweeted a few times already for SC3AEHDO. I just wanted to encourage others as well.

I don't see why you'd take the bugs/glitches or balance issues into consideration when we're talking about porting the version that fixed all of those. With them fixed, I'd say you're left with one of the very best entries in the series. If there's something else that makes it the "low point", I'd sure like to know what.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love it if an HD version of the Arcade Edition released. I did like III as a game from a design and content standpoint. Had the Arcade Edition been the original release, things would have been different but back in the day it couldn't undo the damage that had already been done.

In terms of single player content, III was my favourite game in the series. I'd love to finally play a version of the game that isn't hilariously broken even if has less single player content.

Back