Soulcalibur IV at Games On

Binkley

[09] Warrior
I will be running a Soulcaibur IV Tournament (PS3) in San Diego next month.

When: Sunday, Oct. 19th @ 12PM
Signup close 30 mins before start, BE ON TIME.

Where:
Games On
953 Garnet Ave
San Diego CA 92109

Entry Fee: $5 + $1 venue fee = $6 total

Payout: 1st 60% of pot, 2nd 30%, 3rd 10%

Rules:
Up to date rules are here: http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=4262

(Summary)
-Bring your own controller / stick (standard PS3 controllers only)
-Rounds: 3/5
-Games: 2/3 (3/5 for Losers / Winners Finals, and 3/5 Grand Finals)
-Pausing forfeits the ROUND
-Soft-Reset forfeits the MATCH
-60 Second Rounds

-Button Binding allowed
-Handicap [OFF]
-Stage Select [OFF]
-Soul Gauge default
-Life Bar default

-Characters Banned: Vada, Yoda, All custom characters, bonus characters, and ALGOL
-Winner of the first match must keep their character
-Color Edit characters allowed but only during finals
-All infinties banned

I'm hoping we can do these once a month or so, and that we get a good turnout!

[10/19/2008] Games On - San Diego, CA

im 10 yrs old and i rule at sc4 but i probably cant go because of my age plz reply

DaBiGnOOb_XL-

There is no minimum age requirement for this tournament. Just keep in mind the tournament might take a bit of time if you make it all the way to the finals. I'm fairly certain we can be done by 8 at the latest.

Why ban Algol? I'm not complaining and I think Algol is ridiculously cheap, but I'm curious.
I mean, he isn't Akuma in SF2, but he is pretty powerful. They both do have gameplay advantages over the rest of the cast (Akuma had air fireballs and Algol has bubbles), but is that enough to ban him?
Oh, and I'll be going, and possibly bringing a friend.

Changed m' status to going.

I'm not caring about Algol either way (didn't really get a chance to see what crap was pulled last weekend) but it will certainly make things interesting... I wonder how many we have actually have going to the tourney, all told, though? No one has really posted their full status. Seems like we have at least the 6 people from Salmon/Tomahawk's pool, me, Kosh +1, Mystical+3... Hopefully we can get past 20.

If all the LA people who say they are driving down come, there will be more than 20 easily. Of course, that's a big if.

As for Algol I am trying to mirror the official NVGA rules and the way the voting is currently going right now the NVGA rules ban him.

I also want to encourage a big turnout for this event and banning Algol helps this since there are players who will not play in a tourney if he is not banned.

See you all in san diego. If you are in my carpool hit me up on my cell

Do we need to bring our own controller charger? Will the USB cable do?

You mean like keepin a charge on your sixaxis/dualshock?

You'll need a usb cable to sync it with the system you'll be playin on anyway if you plan to use either of em.

Yeah bring the USB cable if you are bringing a six axis. Also bring an adapter if you plan on using a PS2 stick, etc.

I hope to see a good turnout tomorrow!

Hey everyone, this is Glenn from Get Your Tournament.

I'll be doing a live broadcast of today's event. You can check it out at www.getyourtournament.com

There's also a chat, where I'll have the names of the players and characters as they're competing. If that dies , then I'll have it on my Twitter, at www.twitter.com/gyt

Thanks!

--GCII

Glenn once again

Sorry for the cutout, but we're back. Hopefully we'll be on a little bit longer this time.

--GCII

Back