SoulCalibur IV DLC removed from online stores.

cheddarsword

[04] Fighter
I had thought about getting some more SCIV DLC, so I went onto PSN and looked for it. Found the game's section in the store, but ALL DLC HAS BEEN REMOVED.

The DLC I had already paid for has, among MANY other things, also been removed from my downloads list.

I searched online and found messages dating as far back as September of last year noting this for I think, Xbox.

So yeah, if you haven't gotten Yoda, Darth Vader or any of the other DLC, save file mods are your only hope now.

Oh yeah. I have a tendency to sell games and buy them back... bad habit, I know. but I did that with SCIV. As such, I deleted all my DLC the last time I sold it. so yeah, i'm in the same boat.

on the UPSIDE though, I DID manage to download the Version 1.3 update. So that's still active. I guess online play still works, haven't tried that yet.

because i miss playing as the removed characters.

frankly, this isn't a good precedent. The DLC is gone. That means that support for the game is waning. who knows how much longer SC5 has if that's the case?

support for SCV died a long time ago...makes no sense to keep DLC in pre-gen console that no one is going to buy

eh, wasn't bad earlier last year. doesn't matter really, i like playing against the AI anyway.

and yeah, i know that support has virtually stopped for SCV, but considering the online mode is still being used, it's still alive. my point was that with the DLC for SC4 dissapearing, they may just shut down it's servers soon with SCV soon to follow.

geez, the hate arround here.

It's the same on 360 as well. In fact you can only get the game physically now. I posted this in another thread not too long ago.

It's probably because of the license to use the Star Wars character....guess it expired.

When you deleted the DLC, did it also get removed from your download history or did you delete that too? The former isn't like that on Xbox.

I believe you can check your history. I know that works with Tekken Revolution. If you downloaded it previously you still can. I figure if you purchased it you should still be able to access it. If not, RIP. With SC6 relatively around the corner, it's not too surprising something like that would happen, really. Just ignore those guys, too. Some people are in their own little world. This is a pretty good place.

that's just it, my download history got pretty well wiped aside from a few recent things. and with no in game access to the store (like DOA5LR and LittleBigPlanet) there's no other route to the DLC.

also, with the license for star wars characters expiring, you'd think they'd just leave the rest of the DLC up. but then again, the same thing happened with Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 a while back.

though i have to wonder... did the license expire, or did disney revoke it? i could imagine them saying something like "look at the top on ivy! do we really want our property associated with this?" (not that i agree with that. ivy and her outfits rock). i mean, disney is a family company. and setting ivy aside, soul calibur is pretty viol... *remembers darth maul getting cut in half and luke loosing his hand* nevermind that last part.

I still had my Vader DLC and costumes so no it doesn't seem to disappear from your file forever in my experience.

no, i mean my downloads history. for some reason, that got wiped. i had already deleted my DLC since i have a very bad habit of buying and reselling games.

but you're on xbox 360, so i don't know if you have anything like a recent downloads section or not.

anyway, if you have SC4 dlc or have the downloaded version, DO NOT DELETE IT OR IT MAY BE GONE FOREVER NOW!

seriously though, why the **** did my recent downloads get wiped? i had stuff on there from way back when i first created my account!

no, i mean my downloads history. for some reason, that got wiped. i had already deleted my DLC since i have a very bad habit of buying and reselling games.

but you're on xbox 360, so i don't know if you have anything like a recent downloads section or not.

anyway, if you have SC4 dlc or have the downloaded version, DO NOT DELETE IT OR IT MAY BE GONE FOREVER NOW!

seriously though, why the **** did my recent downloads get wiped? i had stuff on there from way back when i first created my account!
I don't really check my download history too often so I wouldn't know.

I bought a platinum copy so I can still play it unless the disc is scratched badly.

It's ok to cuss, you're on the Internet, just don't do it like crazy. I think the removal of the DLC from the store is what may have caused the RD to get wiped. A similar thing happened to me when I lost my MUA 1 DLC after my old 360 got the RRoD. I got it back recently though.

I have a disc copy for my PS3 and a digital version for my 360 (which, like the DLC, is now unavailable).

While I do find this to be tragic news, I do find SCV to be superior in terms of gameplay, online functionality, and customization. Why not give that a chance?

I mean, what do you want now, a remaster of SCIV on current systems?

no, I rather enjoy SCV. as far as creation mode, i'm the best I've seen online. (not saying there isn't better, just saying I haven't seen it yet.) I lose online a lot, but I gave up caring about that some time ago. I love playing online in SCV.

but as for SC4, no, I wouldn't ask for a remake. just that the removed characters return in SC6. i'd even give up a guest character for it. and while I know that would mean a lot of sword+shield styles, I don't care. it's a fun style.

also, I only self censored because I wasn't sure of the rules of the site (I don't really do anything bad enough to break them, so I stopped looking).

Last edited:
Well, as I've already mentioned this elsewhere in a similar topic for the same purpose. Yes, the DLC is no longer available for SCIV presumably due to license issues with the Star Wars characters. (Since Disney owns it, and Namco had the license for the characters before the buyout.) This in turn removed its content from both PS/Xbox stores in all regions (Including the digital X360 version, since PS3 digital releases weren't a thing back then yet). Though yeah, I wished they could have kept the other DLC besides the Star Wars characters, since there's no license issue for that. Oh well.

Anyways, to handle your guys question about the download list if you still have the SCIV DLC, I suppose you can check them for specific consoles here. -> PS DL List / Xbox DL List

And to be sure, I can still download my SCIV DLC no problems on Xbox.

upload_2017-2-28_11-50-38.png

Last edited:
Well, as I've already mentioned this elsewhere in a similar topic for the same purpose. Yes, the DLC is no longer available for SCIV presumably due to license issues with the Star Wars characters. (Since Disney owns it, and Namco had the license for the characters before the buyout.) This in turn removed its content from both PS/Xbox stores in all regions (Including the digital X360 version, since PS3 digital releases weren't a thing back then yet). Though yeah, I wished they could have kept the other DLC besides the Star Wars characters, since there's no license issue for that. Oh well.

Anyways, to handle your guys question about the download list if you still have the SCIV DLC, I suppose you can check them for specific consoles here. -> PS DL List / Xbox DL List

And to be sure, I can still download my SCIV DLC no problems on Xbox.

View attachment 47251
I d like to have the dlc darth vader of xbox. NeoStrayCat can you send it to me?

While I would want to, no, that puts at risk of loosing my XBL account. So don't bother asking again.

If you want to play Vader now, you'll just have to get the PS3 version.

I saw a link a few months ago with the 360 DLC if you want. It's not mine though and I'm not sure how you transfer it to your 360.

He's GONE!!?? NOOOOOOOO!!!! Well that sucks :( Wish they could get another person from something else to replace him... but that will never happen.

Back