Soulcalibur Lost Swords Beta Test Announced...

• Admin
Namco-Bandai recently announced an upcoming domestic beta test for Soulcalibur Lost Swords; which is scheduled to be released sometime by the end of the year. In case you forgot, Lost Swords is a single-player only fighting game; so chances are you may not be interested in this little title. However, the game will be free on PSN when it launches soon.

The beta test will be available between November 14 to 18. In the beta test, players will be able to test out a small portion of "Quest Mode" with Sophitia, Siegfried and Mitsurugi. In addition, players will have access to character creation and the shop. In order to try out the beta, you will simply need to download the 4gb trial when it becomes available on the Playstation Network. More information after the break [...]

UPDATE: Namco-Bandai has informed us that this "domestic" beta test is for Japan only. A Japanese PSN account will be required to download the beta. There are no plans to bring the beta test to other territories.

Lost Swords brings back some old features from the Soulcalibur series, as well as introduces a few new ones. LS re-introduces the armor break system from SC4 where you could destroy pieces of your opponent's clothes; although this time you must do a "Soul Break" move under certain conditions. Destroying your opponent's armor will drop treasure items. It also brings back a slightly altered version of SC4's Tower of Lost Souls Tag system.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg
004.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg 017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg 021.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg 024.jpg 025.jpg 026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg
Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/232/G023299/20131106002/

UPDATE: Namco-Bandai has informed us that this "domestic" beta test is for Japan only. A Japanese PSN account will be required to download the beta. There are currently no plans to bring the beta test to other territories.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Either way I'll still probably play this game. There's nothing more out there that I'm interested in besides soul calibur for a while till I get tired of it.

Eh, this is not what I want out of soul calibur. This is a free2play title so I will try it but I refuse to spend a single cent on any additional content. I suggest anyone here who cares about the versus aspect do the same, vote with your wallet and show them that this is not what you want.

Though I'm being unrealistic because the casuals outnumber us greatly and will eat this shit up.

While looking at the screenshots, it took me the longest time to realize that Sophitia technically wasn't in SCV.

LS re-introduces the armor break system from SC4 where you could destroy pieces of your opponent's clothes; although this time you must do a "Soul Break" move under certain conditions.

So instead of simply taking a powerful finisher at the end of a round to have your outfit broken, now it can almost be done whenever. Certain conditions or not, that sucks. What's the point of making something then? They need to remove the option altogether instead of making it a part of the mechanics.

So instead of simply taking a powerful finisher at the end of a round to have your outfit broken, now it can almost be done whenever. Certain conditions or not, that sucks. What's the point of making something then? They need to remove the option altogether instead of making it a part of the mechanics.

What if the armor breaking only applies to the enemy characters? There's obviously been nothing even vaguely hinting at that being the case, but has there been anything supporting the notion that it is *NOT* that way, especially after all us casuals bitching about it being in SCIV and SCV?

Oh, right. That's probably going to be one of the features you pay for.

Oh, right. That's probably going to be one of the features you pay for.
Maybe it's a special skill. Resist break. Kappa

EDIT: But seriously. I am concerned because when they put in new features it could mean that it may be implemented in the future. For example, Tekken Revolution is going to have a Vampire girl who can throw fireballs because later down the line Tekken X Street Fighter will be developed and released. I worry that this may just be the beginning. A trial run.

Last edited:
Eh, this is not what I want out of soul calibur. This is a free2play title so I will try it but I refuse to spend a single cent on any additional content. I suggest anyone here who cares about the versus aspect do the same, vote with your wallet and show them that this is not what you want.

Though I'm being unrealistic because the casuals outnumber us greatly and will eat this shit up.
+1 kAb. I love SC so ill play, but im already preparing myself for the usual F2P practices. Mainly grinding for 15 hours to buy that one helmet that you think looks cool.

I'm not too concerned with elements from this game being a part of SoulCalibur VI (should that ever see the light of day). This just smacks of a F2P bandwagon cash grab, recycling existing assets.

As for the armor break, at least in this game it seems like it effects more than just aesthetics (item drops, possible armor stats effect). There was a slight damage bonus for striking unarmored areas in SCIV. Maybe that will apply here, too. [shrug]

Meh. I don't see myself playing this anyway…

Question... I'm trying to make a Japanese PSN but it's not working. I get up to the part where I put my e-mail and it says that I cannot make an account at this time or something. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it. Can't wait to play the beta.

Last edited:
LS re-introduces the armor break system from SC4 where you could destroy pieces of your opponent's clothes; although this time you must do a "Soul Break" move under certain conditions.

Don't get hit? Hahaha maybe CaS players will improve as a result.

Great Sophitia video.

I have the feeling that this three characters will be the only ones in the release of the game, later I guess they will add more time to time, I hope for Cassandra and Pyrrha.

Live streams

3 Viewers
MrDrou
MrDrou
I hope i get to play as my main. (round 2)

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back