SoulCalibur V Interview with Producer Tago-san

• Admin
Last edited by a moderator:
Pasting this from before.
First of Ivy will be the Best. She is pretty much going to be the main character, like how originally it was going to be intended. As Namco wants her for SC6 and so on.

Any lot of interesting stuff.
Right Now SS and CS come from SW. SS now has Ivy normal Throw start animation. CS now has SS throw start animation. They seem to do the same damage in SC4. Her normal B grab seem to do a bit more damage.

She has a new attack after CL 33B. 214B still has big side step it now come from SW.

CL is now remove. She is going back to her SW and WP stance like in SC3. I think it a good thing cause CL looked weird. Her side stepping seem to be very good. Maybe not as good as SC4 CL stepping, but similar to SC4 SW stepping.

One thing that is very troubling is that they might make Ivy easier to use. I really hope not, Ivy should always be a very difficult character to use. That what make her so fun.

Dammit. Of course SCIV Ivy was too complicated... she had 3 nearly identical stances. Just bring back Soul Calibur II Ivy, which had sword, whip, over-head lasso, and wrap-around stances.

they said they would make the overall learning curve of the game easy in another interview. if its too easy then i will be disappointed.........

I'm gonna make two prophecies:
1. Ivy players will spend the first 3 months of release moaning about her, only to find she's the best character in the game YET AGAIN
2. Sieg will be bottom tier, I'm still gonna use him with Zwei though =/

I'm actually glad they are getting rid of the coil state. I used to like playing with her in soul calibur 3, but her third weapon state in 4 really was too much. I might try her out again.

The animation overall looks WAY better in this game. And I'm glad that the're keeping her simple this time, I found her very complicated in SCIV.

Yeah, I had trouble understanding the translator too. I wish more interviews would be subtitled instead of dubbed.

Ivy's costume looks better in motion. I wasn't completely sure of everything the guy said. He said that Ivy has gone down from 3 modes to 2 modes? I kinda hope she's more similar to how she was in SC2. SC3 and onward it felt like I had to learn multiple movesets.

I cringe every time I hear them mention the word storyline. Just give me fun cool characters to play as... who the heck cares how relevant things are to the story? I really hope story isn't a major reason why they choose character X or Y to be in the game.

I originally wanted SC2 Ivy back, and I'm usually against dumbing down stuff. But Multi-stanced SC4 Ivy easily left you stuck in the worst stance for the worst situation. I would've accepted for every stance to be linked to each other but a 2 stance Ivy works as well.

Also, her complexity turned a lot of people away from her. Who wants to have to put 3 times more effort to get the same results as an easier to use and more effective character?

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back