Soulcalibur V Patch Announced for March 21

We asked and Namco Bandai has delivered. They released information about an upcoming patch to be released next week March 21st. This is going to revamp the ranked matchmaking and most importantly address issues that we the consumers have voiced about gameplay as well as character balance!

Their facebook page also says they will be releasing a list of changes, which is a huge relief to people who test game mechanics.

I haven't heard specifics about this patch, but in most cases patches have to be submitted for MS/Sony approval at least a month in advance. If that's the case here, it would be less than one month after the game released.

That QA time also counts. A patch doesn't do us any good until it's released.

Hah, don't like the looks of this at all. Hard to imagine they'll change the balance for the better at this point.

Oh boy... I guess I should be happy for this since it shows support. But i cant help but feel anything related to game balance is gonna be questionable and I finally found my way out of character crisis. Well I'm glad to hear MLG isn't running it at least. The only thing I find absolutely broken in this game after about 2000 matches is the GB system. I hope that gets patched. Iv'e JG'ed, stepped so many moves, and played aggressive at the same time so many times in matches and still found myself guard broken from people just pressing buttons.

Anyway great support!

Alpha Patroklos needs a stronger critical edge. IMO he probably has the weakest CE in the game. I'd like to see old move properties on the same moves Setsuka had, because alot of his shit is useless outside JF's. Hopefully they leave his Sakura Twister as is. I hope they give A:G:B faster start up frames. It's a strong move but, slow as hell and very unsafe (even the jf version). So maybe the can leave the regular agb as is and, make the just frame version faster and, safer.

FIX IVY!!!

I think the idea is that any game balance tweaks are based on feedback from likely less than one month of post-launch gameplay.

If Nightmare, Pyrrha, and Natsu become terrible from this patch, then I would believe that. I'm just glad that the game is getting a patch and to not see a patch schedule a la MK. Now I'm just waiting to see what it all entails.

I hope NCR takes the road MLG is, and not use the patch. Like someone has mentioned, 3days is too short of time to feel comfortable.

I hope NCR takes the road MLG is, and not use the patch. Like someone has mentioned, 3days is too short of time to feel comfortable.

Who's running the SCV tournament? Maybe someone should reach out to them and let them know or find out what their plan is.

Alpha Patroklos needs a stronger critical edge. IMO he probably has the weakest CE in the game. I'd like to see old move properties on the same moves Setsuka had, because alot of his shit is useless outside JF's. Hopefully they leave his Sakura Twister as is. I hope they give A:G:B faster start up frames. It's a strong move but, slow as hell and very unsafe (even the jf version). So maybe the can leave the regular agb as is and, make the just frame version faster and, safer.

FIX IVY!!!
Hi! I'd like to introduce you to Viola's CE, the most useless in the game. Seriously, it's terrible. If they buff her UB then it would be worth the meter, but currently, not so much.

If they nerf anything it needs to be really soft. Like they could easily torch Maxi because people complain about the damage or they could simply skim off 5-10 points of damage here or there while leaving his frames unchanged which would be fair enough although not really necessary. Even Natsu who is really strong would be fine with only miniscule adjustments.

Some characters have one thing or a few things that might be viewed as too strong but overall as a character they aren't that strong. So if you tone down their few strong points there weak points must be accounted for so they can remain viable.

Who knows how it will turn out. I just hope they focus more on the weaker characters rather than the stronger characters.

I haven't heard specifics about this patch, but in most cases patches have to be submitted for MS/Sony approval at least a month in advance. If that's the case here, it would be less than one month after the game released.

Didn't the first SC4 patch come 1 month into the game? Unless they knew what they were patching at launch I'm not sure how that would work.

Well, I think Whip moves of Ivy should be safer. And bring back 3[A] counter hit stun, and A+B.A Knock down or stun too (this move is useless now). I think CS just should be more easier to perform too. It´s really difficult to input it using PS3 joystick.

Cervantes lows could be safer too, especially 1K, because this move is too easy to block and doesn´t offer garanteed big damage options to the player (like Natsu bombs, for example).

And Mitsu 2K.B is too unsafe ON HIT. It´s ridiculous you be punished when you hit the opponent. At least you need to have time to block.

Nerf Natsu ? Well i agree that her BT air thow does ALOT OF FUCKING DAMAGE.. But then again what chaacter in the game doesnt? Minus IVY/Viola.

I just hope Natsu doesn't end up to bad like SC4 Taki was.

I think 66B has too much damage. See, the move is mid, fast, sometimes hits you on sidestep (I don´t know why) and the damage is completely absurd, especially when it has "clean hit".

It's pretty funny actually. The one game that will receive support is actually the one that is really balanced.

Maxi complainers don't understand Maxi. Without BE damage the character is mid tier at best. Almost all his strings/shenanigans can be interruped before u even get anything going or flat out hard punished if blocked or opponent steps or ducks correct during mixups.

a.Pat is beyond overrated. Upper mid character at best. The only thing stupid about this character is 100 it DK damage from 214b+g and a+g 90+ with half a meter. He has tracking issues, weak sc game, average mobility, and his abare ability to open you open outside of throws is ehhh.

Natsu damage is fucking retarded as even the simplest things like 66b mentioned above hurt like hell and it does catch step sometimes which is weird. Still this characters really dumb damage only comes by way of ch which means you simply need to relax on pressing buttons. Be a bit more calculated and less mashy. Definitely one of the top tier characters though.

As of now I don't see an S tier characters. The game so far to me seems really balanced characters wise. The fact is some characters will always be better than others but the gaps aren't huge.

It's pretty funny actually. The one game that will receive support is actually the one that is really balanced.

Maxi complainers don't understand Maxi. Without BE damage the character is mid tier at best. Almost all his strings/shenanigans can be interruped before u even get anything going or flat out hard punished if blocked or opponent steps or ducks correct during mixups.

a.Pat is beyond overrated. Upper mid character at best. The only thing stupid about this character is 100 it DK damage from 214b+g and a+g 90+ with half a meter. He has tracking issues, weak sc game, average mobility, and his abare ability to open you open outside of throws is ehhh.

Natsu damage is fucking retarded as even the simplest things like 66b mentioned above hurt like hell and it does catch step sometimes which is weird. Still this characters really dumb damage only comes by way of ch which means you simply need to relax on pressing buttons. Be a bit more calculated and less mashy. Definitely one of the top tier characters though.

As of now I don't see an S tier characters. The game so far to me seems really balanced characters wise. The fact is some characters will always be better than others but the gaps aren't huge.
This game far beyond "balanced" to say the least....

S-U: You know you're my boy, but i have to polietly disagree. That Guard Break system is why almost all characters can win. Yes, alot of the lower characters need help. Natsu needs damage nerf...nothing else Asta needs LOTS OF LOVE... Some of the upper tier may need some damage nerf. But that's stretching it

Live streams

1 Viewers
kazumi_takeuchi_
kazumi_takeuchi_
I wanna friend for Steam [friend code: 796175443] -- I'm a newbie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back