Soulcalibur V Patch Announced for March 21

We asked and Namco Bandai has delivered. They released information about an upcoming patch to be released next week March 21st. This is going to revamp the ranked matchmaking and most importantly address issues that we the consumers have voiced about gameplay as well as character balance!

Their facebook page also says they will be releasing a list of changes, which is a huge relief to people who test game mechanics.

This game far beyond "balanced" to say the least....

List of viable characters:

Pyrrha, Pyrrha o, Natsu, Mitsurugi, Leixia, Maxi, Yoshimitsu, a.Patrokolos, Patrokolos, Xiba, Cervantes, Voldo, Ivy, Nightmare, Tira, Algol, Siegfried

.....then there is really weak Astaroth (upper low tier-mid for me) with the random variable that you guessed wrong in absurdly damaging throws. Other than that Asta is really bad.

List of not so viable characters:

Raphael, Hilde, Ezio, Viola, Zwei, Aeon

S-U: You know you're my boy, but i have to polietly disagree. That Guard Break system is why almost all characters can win. Yes, alot of the lower characters need help. Natsu needs damage nerf...nothing else Asta needs LOTS OF LOVE... Some of the upper tier may need some damage nerf. But that's stretching it

I agree the gb system does help characters win. Astaroth and Leixia come to mind the most for me. Still the GB system is flat out broken. Early in the game I made this statement. People turned it into oh its a complaint because its negative.

Next comes WB. This same complaint was brought up by top players of other games or just players in general who actually liked the game. So ok whatever right. It is what it is.

After almost 2000 matches iv'e come to find out there is zero ways of legitimately getting around it. I actually had a room going not to recently with Aneudee, Mick, some kvasir, and some solidatlien aka ShadowG. Me and Mick were either stepping Aneudee's Asta or JG'ing everything and rushing the fuck out of that character down. To no avail bars were still flashing red on our ends regardless. It doesn't make sense how players can punish you for free even when your pulling shit off that would make Daigo proud.

After almost 2000 matches I assure their is no logic in how it currently functions. It's simply favors the person who presses buttons regardless if they're getting beat down or not. It is broken. The only broken thing in the game I might add.

Me likey the crazy damage in SCV, I think low damage (most of the time) char like Aeon seems out of place.
Funny thing is I absolutely hate 100% combos in mvc3.

S-U: YOU SHOULD START A THREAD IN THE TACTICS FORUM FOR GUARD BREAK. GET A LIST OF WHICH MOVES CRUSH GUARD THE FASTEST. PYRRHA’S 8B+K TAKES 8 BLOCKS.

You know, regardless of what we post in here the patch is done. At this point, all we can do is just patiently wait and discuss things we should look at and test first.

Hi! I'd like to introduce you to Viola's CE, the most useless in the game. Seriously, it's terrible. If they buff her UB then it would be worth the meter, but currently, not so much.

Sorry I totally forgot about her. My money's on Viola is getting a damage buff. I agree she could use it but, I don't think her CE is completely useless (well i'll agree it's the most useless CE in the game.) I guess that puts her in front of the bus for damage buff..

Sorry I totally forgot about her. My money's on Viola is getting a damage buff. I agree she could use it but, I don't think her CE is completely useless (well i'll agree it's the most useless CE in the game.) I guess that puts her in front of the bus for damage buff..
She has one of the most versatile CE's in the game. On hit it still deals great damage, It can be used to ringout from stupid angles, it gives you a guaranteed way to end the round, it gives you a mixup that leads into bnb (or throw) and it can even cause people to miss with attacks because of the gravity property it has.

So no, her CE is far from useless. Frankly the character deals good damage too but people don't want to add up combo totals and prefer to look at it from a hit by hit basis.

also lol at SU calling Astaroth low-mid tier. Oh the joys of games in their infant stages.

She has one of the most versatile CE's in the game. On hit it still deals great damage, It can be used to ringout from stupid angles, it gives you a guaranteed way to end the round, it gives you a mixup that leads into bnb (or throw) and it can even cause people to miss with attacks because of the gravity property it has.

So no, her CE is far from useless. Frankly the character deals good damage too but people don't want to add up combo totals and prefer to look at it from a hit by hit basis.

also lol at SU calling Astaroth low-mid tier. Oh the joys of games in their infant stages.
Cedric, can you just guard the unblockable during CE? Or will the orb hit if you try to JG the UB?

EDIT: So I can just guard the first hit of the CE but I'm having problems getting just guards on the other hits. I'm going to assume it's possible to just guard every hit of the CE and Viola's unblockable, but it would take some Daigo level shit to actually pull it off in a match. Also it doesn't look like you have enough time to just guard any of the subsequent hits of the CE if you normal guard any of the prior ones. Yeah, 99.9% guaranteed round ender.

Im on the fence about GB. The bad part of GB is that it might be too easy to do. But the good part about it is that it makes shitty characters like astaroth more viable. Overall, I think GB might need to be nerfed just a little bit. The thing is GB adds a whole new dynamic to the game, and at this point a big nerf on it would be too much of a knee jerk reaction. Especially when taking into account that GB wasn't that significant in the last two major tournaments, so I think the best thing to do is to take a wait and see approach. With that said, we haven't even figured out everything and at this point only the most glaring things/bugs should be patched.

Oh and SU ... your dealing with GB just fine. Now if they nerf that non sense damage off of Maxis 6a+b BE than you might have some problems lol

You probably could, but really whats the point. If they see just guarding every hit that means they can run up and still go for a throw attempt unless you can aa them in between it or something. Hell I don't even know if a just guard will successfully make you turn around as you are doing it, that means she can circe around you and get a free back throw if not.

Here's a link to some of the ways I use Viola's CE (text not vid)
http://8wayrun.com/threads/viola-q-a-discussion.9662/page-15#post-436804

I dunno this seems too early for anyone to make any really decent decisions about balance. Anyone like me who's got like 120ish hours into the game has no qualification to make a suggestion about balance. The game is just too young. There's no way everyone has exhausted all their options on how to beat a certain something in the game to justify any tweaking in the balance department. So here's to hoping namco isn't listening to the whining coming from scrubs too lazy to find solutions... >_>

You know, I didn't really take to this game when I first got it, but it's really grown on me in the last two weeks. Any knee jerk bullshit that fundamentally changes a character for a "buff" or a "nerf" is pretty much going to determine whether or not I continue playing it or just sink all my gaming time into Armored Core V, which conveniently comes out one day before this patch.

The only thing they can really do to a character beyond fixing glitches (you losing to Nightmare is not a glitch) that won't make my head explode is to give a haircut to the damage value on Natsu's 66B. Seriously, the amount of life that move will take off of you is just sarcastic.

But I have a block button, so really I don't care. I just really hope they don't destroy potentially the best Soulcalibur ever made in the same way NRS buttfucked what was potentially the only good Mortal Kombat ever made.

Yes, no more random turn-skips in player match lobbies.
No more I-won-but-got-bumped-to-the-end glitches.
The fact the NON of Omega P's moves follow-up what they should
Random Network error messages
People who I've had 4's, and 5's with now have 0-3's.wtf?
Regular Pat needs more combo extensions, or more combo damage period.
That's just a few, but obviously there's more.

Wow. People thought this game REALLY needed a Balance?! Seems to me its probably the most balanced SC we've ever had the chance to play competitvely.

Like Really?!?! People Think Natsu and A-Pat are Broke?! People Think Asta and Sieg can't compete? Its not Project Souls fault you guys can't learn how to make a character good, or have a community that is able to do so.

Instead we have endless complaints, and with the power of social media, Project Soul will listen, regardless if said person(s) know what they're talking about.

And thats if this is even a heavy patch. If you played SC4, this is 1.02, minor changes at best.

Whoever else sucks at this game and won't play it post-patch, good for you, you don't deserve to play this game.

Fuckin Noobs

Live streams

10 Viewers
ChiefVibe
ChiefVibe
Feel Like Ripping My Teeth Out My Mouth , But Im Okay 🙃
9 Viewers
technokittyxo
technokittyxo
18+ Playing soul calibur (RIP HANDCAM)
7 Viewers
evolutiion_lee
evolutiion_lee
Yes, Sir. The arena is lit. I'm about to give the world these hands. Road to 50 Subs. Let's get it.
1 Viewers
karat_mc
karat_mc
SoulCalibur 6 Весы духа

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back