Soulcalibur V Patch Announced for March 21

We asked and Namco Bandai has delivered. They released information about an upcoming patch to be released next week March 21st. This is going to revamp the ranked matchmaking and most importantly address issues that we the consumers have voiced about gameplay as well as character balance!

Their facebook page also says they will be releasing a list of changes, which is a huge relief to people who test game mechanics.

Hmmmm.....The only thing I that I wish will come out of this patch besides fixes to the possible game-breakin' glitches that QS4G and fuzzy guardin' G8 possess is a buff to :sc5aon1: (and some other "lower tiered" characters like:sc5zwe1:and:sc4hil1: ). He's my favorite character, but he has a few issues that I wish would be addressed:
  • His Back-run is Horrible: Aeon is a poke-heavy character. He has good pokes but lacks the mobility to use them well; He can't escape/ space his pokes very well. If they could make his back-run/dash faster, he would be better.
  • His FLY "stance" is Stupid: It only has one meter-less input you can do in it (K) and it's Completely unsafe; while his other two options, A+B+K and a+b+k~G require meter to use, and are unsafe as well (seriously though, whose bright idea was it to make his FLY feint require meter to use, and STILL be hit-able). I think it would be better if they made his K safer and for him to be able to cancel his Ks and/or just use his feint without meter.
  • His HerpDerp B,B, useless B is Terrible: If the first B's blocked, you're able to step/JG/GI the followin' Bs. And though the second B is guaranteed if the first B hits, the Third B is completely useless because it'll completely whiff if you know how to ukemi to Aeon's left side. This string needs to be buffed in the worse way!
  • His CE glitches near a wall....Yeah, they need to fix that.
Other than these four major flaws, I think he's fine. Sure there're other things that, if were buffed, would make him even better like more range on some of his good moves like 66K or 6B BE, more stuff to link into combos with, more stun on a CH 3A and 4B, a use for 4A and 1A, and his 1B BE bein' able to catch someone airborne. But I think he could do without them and still be good.

I'm surprised there are no talks about Devil Jin or Ezio, perhaps because no one knows about these characters and their potential/game style. ...So why is there a patch so early again?

Seigy and Asta are guessing game characters. their damage output is fine. Id tone down all air throw damage. most thing they need to do is fix damage output for most characters.

and if their was more to Aeon I hope it gets added as well. he is such a bare character. no real tech traps and his WR B and his backroll I believe is suppose to land and it lands like 10% of the time.

Are u kidding? I did even worse against ur Asta this time around than before and I was crushed even more this time around with a number of situations being unavoidable. You stole quite a few games and rounds from me just from gb's alone. This set I chose to aggro all the way through as well which convinces me even more. I did very little spacing and pseudo turtling just to get a better confirmation and it doesn't matter.

Actually, the way GB works in SC5, you'd probably be better off turtling. The longer you spend not blocking, the more your soul gauge "heals". From my testing, it seems as though it only heals when you're not blocking, so it doesn't matter if you're attacking or not.

Actually, the way GB works in SC5, you'd probably be better off turtling. The longer you spend not blocking, the more your soul gauge "heals". From my testing, it seems as though it only heals when you're not blocking, so it doesn't matter if you're attacking or not.

I was under the impression that 8-way running was the only way to heal it.

personally id like them to patch a bunch of camera bugs, make it so you can buffer 8way run moves w/out step animation, scale damage properly, and give weaker character more moves.

if they put old gi back, that would be so awesome or at least have it so it would take 25% meter.

What is the source of the "player feedback"?

Seeing some of the posts here and in some SA's, I wouldn't even trust the feedback of a lot of top players, let alone the random masses. Most people's feedback are biased or uninformed, and are just about buffs for their characters and nerfs for others (hence the bias).

Unless it's about obvious bugs, I wouldn't want Project Soul using any player feedback that has to do with balance. I trust PS to do a decent balancing job on their own, after all they did a pretty good job with SCV so far.

Sweet. I wonder what they are going to do with viola. Some people think she needs a buff but i honestly think she is fine because of her strings and her range. I guess we will see.

Hell to the no about Viola needing a buff. My brother can pull off a 15+ hit combos with her when I play him, and that alone can take 50+% off of my health. If anything, NAMCO should nerf her, or take her off altogether and replace her with her long lost twin sister, Amy.

Viola does not need a buff. I think she's actually walking a very fine line where even a slight damage buff could make her jump from mid-ish tier to very near the top, so I think she's best left as is. Overall most of what people request are not ways to balance their characters, but ways to make their characters God Tier or as close to it as they can get. The only thing that needs to happen balance-wise IMO is a slight reduction to SOME of Natsu's meterless combo damage, which eclipses some far slower, far less safe characters. That and fixing whiffing issues/bugs obviously. Maybe SOME minor tweaks to some of the lower tier characters, but overall I'd say around half of the cast shouldn't even be touched.

Hmmm... I guess this makes sense. Then again I'm sure the person pressing buttons won't stop pressing buttons so there won't actually be enough time to recover but good to know. Any info helps because I get really upset everytime I get crushed when I'm winning.

There is a Namban change vid up on YouTube but I gotta post from a computer cuz the mobile link is different.

The vid says there are >250 changes.

I'll put up the link later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back