Soulcalibur V Patch Announced for March 21

We asked and Namco Bandai has delivered. They released information about an upcoming patch to be released next week March 21st. This is going to revamp the ranked matchmaking and most importantly address issues that we the consumers have voiced about gameplay as well as character balance!

Their facebook page also says they will be releasing a list of changes, which is a huge relief to people who test game mechanics.

They call it a balance patch...

I call it a NERF PATCH!!

´Cause that is what it is up to 70%.

lol at Project Soul.

I don't see what your basis for calling it that is.

If every character is getting some sort of update this early, I might say it makes more sense to predict this as a reasonable post-launch tweak patch. This game was pretty rushed, and this patch might just be a continuation of the brief development cycle.

It could be a nerfageddon doom rape patch, it could also just be an update to be in line with Project Soul's original intent.

if the nerfs are applied to the overpowered moves without crippling them then a minor tone-down is justified. Its not like the move is completely unusable as people act like the very act of nerfing is unacceptable

List of viable characters:

Pyrrha, Pyrrha o, Natsu, Mitsurugi, Leixia, Maxi, Yoshimitsu, a.Patrokolos, Patrokolos, Xiba, Cervantes, Voldo, Ivy, Nightmare, Tira, Algol, Siegfried

.....then there is really weak Astaroth (upper low tier-mid for me) with the random variable that you guessed wrong in absurdly damaging throws. Other than that Asta is really bad.

List of not so viable characters:

Raphael, Hilde, Ezio, Viola, Zwei, Aeon
You just proved my point. Thank you.

I don't see what your basis for calling it that is.

If every character is getting some sort of update this early, I might say it makes more sense to predict this as a reasonable post-launch tweak patch. This game was pretty rushed, and this patch might just be a continuation of the brief development cycle.

It could be a nerfageddon doom rape patch, it could also just be an update to be in line with Project Soul's original intent.

It will be a NERF! patch in general. I don´t care if this was planned all along. It´s just bad imo.

Back