Soulcalibur V Talim

I seem to remember some insane combo for talim back in SC II during the brief time I played it. Whatever happened to that? It needs to come back.

I seem to remember some insane combo for talim back in SC II during the brief time I played it. Whatever happened to that? It needs to come back.

I don't believe there was any combo in SCII that is anymore insane than SC4 WL A, FC 3B,B~6, AS A+K, 2A+B etc.

The only thing that i can think of as a high string combo was BBK, 6KKKKKKK etc assuming they don't airstrafe.

They need to get Talim more involved with the story. She really doesn't even know exactly what's happening most of the time. To her yunseong is a kid to baby sit for Mina when she's away. Personally I can't really see Talim with anyone because don't priest and priestesses devote a lifestlye to be single to resist temptation or something like that? But if she were then she sould stick with someone around her age. Maybe her and Amy might meet up along with Tira. Young people have to stick together.

Today Daishi posted this on his Twitter (talkin about the girl in the drawing behind Sig: http://twitpic.com/4wju09)
"That’s Salia Olschmidt behind Siegfried. She’s a member of the Schwarzwind (black wind), the band of thieves."
Black wind, a bad priestess?

They are this little bandit group that is seen with Sig in in Soul Calibur, right?
I guess they are still alive. Lol.

My two cents... Unless they're doing a COMPLETE character overhaul... (meaning no one from the original series remains except the main ones like Sieg) Talim should be almost guaranteed to make it in. This is just based on the fact that she's young in this game, and by aging her, she becomes one of the only characters to fit inside the transition between the newer generation and the older one. The only reason she wouldn't make it, is if they use her absence as a plot for some new character.

Amy might make it as well, but I doubt Tira does. I just can't imagine Tira being 34 yrs old and staying in the game without Nightmare.

I'm keepin an open mind but as I said for other installments- If there's no Talim I'm retired (will still/always support the game though).
If there's a Talim-like character (re similar weapons/moves) I'll have to think about it/reconsider.

I'm sure Talim will be in the game considering she's only 32 now.:)
By the way, I hope Soul Calibur 5 won't end up like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 where they remove fan favorites like Mega Man, Captain Commando, and Strider and slap in a bunch of random characters out of nowhere.:P

Talim is almost guaranteed to be in, as well as a few other younger characters.

Design-wise, they need these characters in the game as an 'anchor' to visually represent the seventeen year age gap. I mean, you can toss in a bunch of immortal/never aging characters with a bunch of new characters, but where, in that, is the sense of a progression in time?

Talim is almost guaranteed to be in, as well as a few other younger characters.

Design-wise, they need these characters in the game as an 'anchor' to visually represent the seventeen year age gap. I mean, you can toss in a bunch of immortal/never aging characters with a bunch of new characters, but where, in that, is the sense of a progression in time?

Does Cassandra count as a younger character since she's only 38?:/

1: Make 6A+B do more damage and make an aGI which makes it does 2 more damage or could wallhit since NC 6A+B cant wallhit.
2: BT 2K needs to knock down and then have guarenteed 2A+B.
3: Little bit more range.
4: Make her get a new JF. Something like SUPER quick and non-mashable A+B,236A,236B JF that does more SGD, GB, KND with free 2K after, more damage, faster(about i16), and positive on guard. A little to much to ask for in terms of a JF but it will be Talim's JF Asura. Maybe it could make her mid tier. =)

When i first heard that SC5 was going to take place 17 years after 4, my first thought was actully: I so wanna' see how Talim looks.

I think it's because i've seen her so much as a 15 year old that i would love to see how she would look like as a 20-30 year old.

Does Cassandra count as a younger character since she's only 38?:/

The problem with her is that we have two confirmed sword and shield users. Anymore would seriously be pushing it. Lol.

One good thing is that they are making the game "faster". So there is no doubt that there will be frame reductions all around.
So if she is in the game, there is a good chance they will at least maker her some-what decent without having to bend over backwards and tie your back into a triple knot.

I don't think it'll be much faster... but have you watched a Talim mirror match (SC4) on fast forward? That speed + mobility will be crazy fun. :p

Back