Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

There is no new timeline.
That's why I italicized it. I don't believe in it, but for those who do, I was throwing them a bone. Plus, tell the wiki there's no timeline. That's likely the main source of misinformation that folks take as fact without questioning it so much.

~DanteSC3 in her home waiting the guys delete the "new timeline" page from wiki~
Cursed_Moonlit_Woods.jpg

SC6 is indeed a new timeline and a time paradox.

SC1-5 is the Original timeline.

And this is a new one as explained by OG Cassandra and Zasalamel, which is the only character who knows and is the same in the paradox.
Unless, of course, we are in the closed loop time model, where everything is predetermined by fate, and there is no changing the past, present, or future, and we simply did not know about things that had happened in the previous games. The best example of this is the Aval Organization. They operate behind the scenes in secret to control the narrative of the Soul swords and the malfested. They could have always existed, but we are just now learning of them. They don’t break continuity as they’ve been written into SoulCalibur VI.

Cassandra’s goal was always to save Sophitia, but we never got an expressed “why”. Now we know, that she knows what will happen if she doesn’t try, and she can’t well just do nothing. But she may be doomed to fail, due to the determination of fate. Zasalamel, too, though he has a message from the future and has changed his goals from ending his life to cultivating humanity, his plan still requires the unification of the two swords, at which point, calamity is certain, much like what happened in SoulCalibur III originally. He is the one who has natural time lord powers, after all, so him having his own means of manipulating it without the Astral Chaos makes sense.

After all, as the mantra has been, since the very beginning:

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, ETERNALLY RETOLD.

Unless, of course, we are in the closed loop time model, where everything is predetermined by fate, and there is no changing the past, present, or future, and we simply did not know about things that had happened in the previous games.

Like Legacy of Kain. Possible but then I think why would Azwel team up with his past self if not to craft time to how he sees fit. I dunno it's still early days, it's clear just by Amy's ending that Project Soul has something bigger planned later down the line.

Like Legacy of Kain. Possible but then I think why would Azwel team up with his past self if not to craft time to how he sees fit. I dunno it's still early days, it's clear just by Amy's ending that Project Soul has something bigger planned later down the line.
Azwel being a time traveler is suspect to me, I don't think he can do it. He is the "Scholar of the Future", not the "Scholar from the Future", as I've seen elsewhere people making this confusion. He is an illusionist, to be sure, and perhaps he can "see" the future with his crystal ball that Viola will inherit, or at least as much as the ball shows, but I don't know if he actually has a way to time travel. If he can, then that gives Zasalamel some competition, and maybe it's a situation where Zasalamel and Azwel are in a constant battle to maintain reality, and that's what causes the Astral Fissures, the chaos of their disturbances, something like that. It's really hard to say, as they've given us a prelude but haven't actually delivered on the "altering history" front, if such a thing is even set to occur, if it is even possible. The thing that might maybe point to Azwel being from the future (Tekkenverse?) would be the modern concepts in his theories and research, but that's a mayyybe, he could just be super ahead of his time, or he used the ball to see those things in the future and is trying to implement them in the past.

Azwel being a time traveler is suspect to me, I don't think he can do it. He is the "Scholar of the Future", not the "Scholar from the Future", as I've seen elsewhere people making this confusion. He is an illusionist, to be sure, and perhaps he can "see" the future with his crystal ball that Viola will inherit, or at least as much as the ball shows, but I don't know if he actually has a way to time travel.

There's two of them so you have a Scholar of the Future and a Scholar from the Future working behind the shadows. We know time travel and the rewriting of time is possible with Patroklos and Cassandra plus with Cassandra we know you can physically interact with yourself. An Azwel from the future would give his past self all the details on how time plays out which would also explain how he knew Amy was eavesdropping. There's also hints throughout SC5 that Edge Master knows more than what he's letting on that leads me to think he's from a time period way before the events of the golden era so I wouldn't be surprised if Edge Master ends up playing some kind of counter balance to Azwel as the other shadowy hand in the background (which is what he does in SC5 with Patroklos), it would explain the prominent roll he has in story mode even though he's not playable.

The second one is an illusion, is my interpretation, not a literal second Azwel. But anything’s possible, I assume. I see Azwel as a sorcerer, not a time traveler. He could be, but too many time travelers is just... I don’t think it’s a good idea. He probably saw Amy in the crystal ball.

About Edge Master, it’s extremely likely he is an eternal like Zasalamel, and he found the Astral Chaos and used it as a way to see the world because he couldn’t otherwise. And then he found out how to manipulate time with it, assuming he doesn’t have that power himself.

There's two of them so you have a Scholar of the Future and a Scholar from the Future working behind the shadows. We know time travel and the rewriting of time is possible with Patroklos and Cassandra plus with Cassandra we know you can physically interact with yourself. An Azwel from the future would give his past self all the details on how time plays out which would also explain how he knew Amy was eavesdropping. There's also hints throughout SC5 that Edge Master knows more than what he's letting on that leads me to think he's from a time period way before the events of the golden era so I wouldn't be surprised if Edge Master ends up playing some kind of counter balance to Azwel as the other shadowy hand in the background (which is what he does in SC5 with Patroklos), it would explain the prominent roll he has in story mode even though he's not playable.
Well, technically, Cassie didn't interact with herself. She interacted with an echo of herself from Astral Chaos. Which is a dimension that does not exist in time's flow.

About Edge Master, it’s extremely likely he is an eternal like Zasalamel, and he found the Astral Chaos and used it as a way to see the world because he couldn’t otherwise. And then he found out how to manipulate time with it, assuming he doesn’t have that power himself.

I think it runs deeper than that, I have a feeling that Zasalamel, Edge Master and Algol are connected to one another as their affinity to the soul swords is deep. I'm not saying they're the same person it's just that I have a gut feeling that they're key individuals from Algol's ancient civilization.

I don't think Azwel is a time traveler, let's not forget our friend can see the fate of people with Quattuor Orbis.:sc5vio1:

Amy would be under the control of Azwel, if he can put a block on her memory of Raphael then he can block her from seeing Azwel. Also Amy's visions through the Orbis are faint kinda like how the red priestess Melisandre saw visions in Game of Thrones.

This is one of the main reasons why I want
  • SC 7 = SC 2 :sc2rap1:
  • SC 8 = SC 3 :sc1sig1:
  • SC 9 = SC 4 :sc4hil1:
  • SC 10 = SC 5 :sc5pat1:
They need to fix this mess. There are so many events in a year that end up mixing what really happened. So many details lost, hidden or even misinterpreted that is why we never reached an agreement on what happened. Soul Chronicle is by far the best story mode, we have concrete events instead of non-canonical battles.

This would be due to her inexperience as a sorceress, I’d think, more than anything else.

Given the events that have happened in the games it implies she's under the control of Azwel, I would even say the Orbis is the relic that keeps her under the spell.

I think it runs deeper than that, I have a feeling that Zasalamel, Edge Master and Algol are connected to one another as their affinity to the soul swords is deep. I'm not saying they're the same person it's just that I have a gut feeling that they're key individuals from Algol's ancient civilization.
Hmm. What if Edgemaster is actually Algol's son? That could be why evil EM has his head stitched together like a football.

Back