Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

LisaK

[14] Master
Today, in fact a few hours ago I was wondering, maybe we didn’t receive Setsuka 1P, but her 'Neve' outfit. 2P was in Lost Swords different from 1P, it could also be that it’s not her clothes but maybe her biological mother. This is just a theory. :sc4set2:

weshookhands

[11] Champion
According to Okubo's twitter, there seem to be at least two online tournament events (24th and 30th of May). Maybe Bamco will drop a teaser or the announcement trailer there?

With COVID-19 cancelling everything, I think Bamco really needs to step up their hypetrain game (which was mediocre to begin with). Expand twitter activity, drop more minor content like concept art, teasers etc. inbetween and all that. Just anything to make up for the lost pull events like EVO would have had...

Assassinate

[10] Knight
According to Okubo's twitter, there seem to be at least two online tournament events (24th and 30th of May). Maybe Bamco will drop a teaser or the announcement trailer there?

With COVID-19 cancelling everything, I think Bamco really needs to step up their hypetrain game (which was mediocre to begin with). Expand twitter activity, drop more minor content like concept art, teasers etc. inbetween and all that. Just anything to make up for the lost pull events like EVO would have had...
SC has been feeling so dead lately. We need Setsuka to revive us.

Autumn

[12] Conqueror
My first impression upon seeing this was "Aw man, Tekken always gets stuff first..."

But then I realized that Haohmaru's release trailer was posted a week or two after T7's FuckyouRAM trailer, so we might be getting something Soon™ if Namco is planning to drop info in pairs like this. Maybe we'll see reveals that were being saved for Combo Breaker, which was supposed to take place this weekend? :sc3set1:

Kostas_Greece

[14] Master
My first impression upon seeing this was "Aw man, Tekken always gets stuff first..."

But then I realized that Haohmaru's release trailer was posted a week or two after T7's FuckyouRAM trailer, so we might be getting something Soon™ if Namco is planning to drop info in pairs like this. Maybe we'll see reveals that were being saved for Combo Breaker, which was supposed to take place this weekend? :sc3set1:
I think the same with you! If Namco and Project Soul will not reveal the third character :sc3set1::sc4set2:late in May, I will give up of waiting. And yes, Combo Breaker was supposed to take place 20th-24th May 2020!

Autumn

[12] Conqueror

...Setsuka reveal at EVO Online 2020 it is.
dammit.png

I really need to keep my mouth shut.

Kostas_Greece

[14] Master
Why we have to waiting so long for the DLC's? Such a bad strategy, people will be bored the game and lose their interest! HaohMaru released on 31st March and Setsuka will be revealed at EVO in August? Great gap!

Autumn

[12] Conqueror
I mean, we might still get an announcement earlier, but right now the chances are looking really slim. Assuming they're far enough into development, I wish they would just drop a trailer on Twitter or something. That's still better than waiting until the end of July for an announcement.

Kostas_Greece

[14] Master
I mean, we might still get an announcement earlier, but right now the chances are looking really slim. Assuming they're far enough into development, I wish they would just drop a trailer on Twitter or something. That's still better than waiting until the end of July for an announcement.
I feel that she might be revealed in this week. Okubo-san said in his twitter long ago that Spring will have some surprises after HaohMaru's release. It's still Spring so I have a small hope!

Ramusu20

[06] Combatant
  • Mortal Kombat 11 just got a story expansion, plus characters and features.
  • Capcom announced Season 5 for Street Fighter V.
  • SNK announced the release date of Samurai Shodown for Epic Games, plus a Samurai Shodown Collection.

I hope it doesn't take too long for Bandai Namco to give us more news about upcoming content...

Frayhua

[14] Master
  • Mortal Kombat 11 just got a story expansion, plus characters and features.
  • Capcom announced Season 5 for Street Fighter V.
  • SNK announced the release date of Samurai Shodown for Epic Games, plus a Samurai Shodown Collection.

I hope it doesn't take too long for Bandai Namco to give us more news about upcoming content...
I thought Samurai Shodown (2019) Season 2 has one more character.

Frayhua

[14] Master
Samurai Shodown not being on Steam is a really terrible decision, not sure who decided that was a good idea.
Someone who hated Steam and wanted to take a steaming dump on Steam users apparently. Kappa
SNK saw poor sales of SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy on Steam.