Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Ninjaguy446

[14] Master
@Ninjaguy446 can read Japanese right?
Yes :) it was just a recap of Evo Japan stuff, but Maimai has translated most of that on twitter already, plus they're gonna release a translation in a couple of days (and it would also take forever to translate all of that T^T )

In terms of her abandonment system, they explained it but I don't know video game/SC jargon in Japanese so unfortunately I don't have the vocab to understand it.
EDIT: Spoke to Maimai about it a bit, and they were being very vague about it, but something about how dodging or evading stuff builds meter and using meter will give access to more powerful moves or something like that
No gameplay at all.
As far as I understand, we'll see Amy gameplay on March 21st (10 days from now), since that's when Weapon Master tournament will happen hosted by Namco.
They said that she MIGHT be playable there. Which hopefully means that she will be, but they still added that maybe unfortunately lol

Also, Amy's SC4 costume is free to everyone, even if you don't have the season pass.

Last edited:

RagingGhost

[10] Knight
EDIT: Spoke to Maimai about it a bit, and they were being very vague about it, but something about how dodging or evading stuff builds meter and using meter will give access to more powerful moves or something like that
So, either more seperate moves locked behind her gimmick or Brave Edges.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
But I didn't say SCIII:AE. I said SCIII. They're very different games.
In a world where we had justice for our beloved series, Arcade Edition would have come out as a Definitive Edition and/or XBLA/PSN release like SoulCalibur II. It exists, either way, though, regardless of the fact that her alternate outfit didn’t return to SoulCalibur IV. It’s like saying Dampierre doesn’t have an alternate outfit either because it didn’t return to SoulCalibur V, though he had one in Broken Destiny, which was basically, but in a different way, the Arcade Edition of SoulCalibur IV.

ElegantRaven

[09] Warrior
At the point we're at I wouldn't be surprised if Viola ends up being one of the DLC characters in Season 2. All this hinting and foreshadowing seems a bit much for a plan they might want to integrate into a sequel that may not even happen.

Macaulyn

[12] Conqueror
At the point we're at I wouldn't be surprised if Viola ends up being one of the DLC characters in Season 2. All this hinting and foreshadowing seems a bit much for a plan they might want to integrate into a sequel that may not even happen.
May not even happen? Why? The game is considered a success, which means that a sequel is actually very likely to happen.

RagingGhost

[10] Knight
May not even happen? Why? The game is considered a success, which means that a sequel is actually very likely to happen.
If they can find ways to justify sword/axe/spear/nunchukfighting in a world where everyone, in that era, makes the move from melee weapons to firearms.