Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

So I guess I will play the guessing game for the second season pass like I did for entire roster for SC6.

So my realistic expectations for what we will get in the pass are these folks:
:sc3set1:+:sc3hwang1:+:sc5aon1:(I would like the Aeon from SCV, but oh well.)

Now this is what I would personally like to have in the pass.

:sc4hil1:+:sc4set2:+:sc2yun2: or :sc4hil1:+:sc2yun2:+:sc3hwang1: (I want to put Hilde and Yun-Seong in Ivy's outfit next.)

However, I will not ignore :sc4roc1:. It could be possible they don't want to go through the trouble to make new assets for Hwang and just bring this guy back. Personally, I don't mind Rock. He is a nice character that is a good father to Bangoo. We need characters like him.

They can possibly also bring :sc5vio1: and :sc5zwe1: back. The explanation could be because of Astral Chaos shenanigans. They do have unique fighting styles and I would like to give these characters another chance (especially Zwei; he did not impress me once the game came out. Viola, too.)

So, yeah, these are my speculations on what we will probably get.

then that's just your opinion, and you don't speak for everyone.

Big Lebowski meme necessary here! 😂
Screenshot_20190923-213222_Chrome.jpg

I love how you, and others like you, think Rock will be DLC over some completely imaginary sense of prestige that comes with being a veteran from the first game, even though no one gives a fuck about him and most people would be mad if he was the DLC. Not just for a lack of a newcomer, but for the fact that he got in over a better character.
You really need to chill out over this. No one here has any proof confirming Rock being among the S2. But at the same time you yourself don’t have any proof to confirm that Rock is NOT among the S2 DLC. And until you do, it would be best for you to drop this aggressive, condescending attitude of yours over something that we have which is pure speculation itself until further notice from Namco and Okubo himself.

@Nyte
Sometimes I do wonder - did Rock hurt your family or something?
There is no particular reason to rule him out completely from the possibility of being included in this game as a DLC character. Saying that majority people wouldn't like it to happen, then - unless we have some numbers behind then - it is not a sound argument

Last edited:
@Nyte
There is no particular reason to rule him out completely from the possibility of being included in this game as a DLC character. Saying that majority people wouldn't like, then unless we have some numbers behind then it is not a sound argument
More like he just doesn’t want to get cockblocked for a chance to stare at another bag of tits from a new female. Kappa

More like he just doesn’t want to get cockblocked for a chance to stare at another bag of tits from a new female. Kappa
Personally I would absolutely not mind a bulkier female character like that but I somewhat doubt it would turn out great because how bodyscaling works in this game anyways.

If Rock is playable in this game Nyte should turn him his secondary, but If the lesbian barbarian is the DLC DanteSC3 and Dissidia should use her.

Everyone here agrees??:sc2mit1:

If the lesbian barbarian makes it in, then I lose nothing. If Rock makes it in, Nyte will lose his shit!

Either way I win! The entertainment value for Rock’s return trumps any possible negatives!

8531867E-0425-440A-92A2-198EB7E22479.jpeg

@Nyte
There is no particular reason to rule him out completely from the possibility of being included in this game as a DLC character. Saying that majority people wouldn't like it to happen, then - unless we have some numbers behind then - it is not a sound argument
Well, Rock did get shit on in the last official popularity poll and he also was never really used in competitive, because he was just an inferior Astaroth. All he is good for is sex appeal, as a hot daddy, people really like him in rule34... not that I know, I've just been told, of course.

With tekken 7 season 3 not having guests, it only further cements the notion that the 4th character wont be a newcomer. For tekken they are putting a lot of hype and effort into Leroy. At this point I would expect maybe even one more newcomer for tekken 7.

But SC6? With Haohmaru and a wide variety of classic characters...I'm afraid a newcomer will just have to wait for SCVII mwahhahaa

With tekken 7 season 3 not having guests, it only further cements the notion that the 4th character wont be a newcomer. For tekken they are putting a lot of hype and effort into Leroy. At this point I would expect maybe even one more newcomer for tekken 7.

But SC6? With Haohmaru and a wide variety of classic characters...I'm afraid a newcomer will just have to wait for SCVII mwahhahaa
If we apply the Tekken 7 pattern to SoulCalibur VI though, wouldn't it imply that a new character will arrive if we get a Season 3 instead of another guest character? The way I see it, the trend appears to be to add fresh faces each new season to bring in something new and mysterious, whether it be a guest or a new character.

==================================================

Even though I'm against the idea of a guest character if Season 3 does happen, the craziest thing Bandai Namco could do is a big collaboration with Square Enix where on EVO 2020, they announce another season for both games but here's the catch: They reveal a collaboration with Final Fantasy VII Remake where they reveal Tifa as the guest for Tekken 7 and Coud as the guest for SoulCalibur VI. I can see Final Fantasy VII Remake being a huge title that year and doing a collaboration like this would be a really huge promotion for both sides of the party.

I'm generally against guest characters but hey it's Cloud and if he could generate the same level of hype and impact as Link did for SoulCalibur II back in the day then the soul will keep burning brighter than ever. My concern for the health of the series is greater than guest characters diluting the roster. If the hype is big then I will clap my hands begrudgingly.

I almost feel like Smash having Cloud would make it harder to get him for SoulCalibur. Maybe Sephiroth instead? Or Zack, if they wanted to be cheeky about it, like Azwel is basically a stand-in for Noctis.

I almost feel like Smash having Cloud would make it harder to get him for SoulCalibur. Maybe Sephiroth instead? Or Zack, if they wanted to be cheeky about it, like Azwel is basically a stand-in for Noctis.
I don't think Cloud being in Smash would make it harder for him to be in SoulCalibur, if anything it shows that Square Enix is willing to share that character to other companies. But I do agree though, I would prefer Sephiroth if they have to add a character from Final Fantasy VII Remake. He's almost as iconic as Cloud and his one winged angel appearance makes him look almost like an actual boss character for the game. My preference aside though, I think it would be Cloud that will really generate hype for the game especially since he's the cover character of Final Fantasy VII Remake. They could even do a cross-promotional illustration of Cloud and Tifa back-to-back fighting Nightmare and Kazuya respectively with the logos of SoulCalibur VI, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Tekken 7 attached to it.

Disclaimer: Once again, I am not advocating for guest characters (in fact, I'm against it for Season 3). I'm just throwing it out there since the idea popped in my head of how Bandai Namco could promote and generate hype for their games. The legend must never die!

Back