Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Which dead animal he would use this time??
NEOGDS-337669.jpg

Maybe a boar. It is technically still year of the boar in Japan after all and the animal fits his aesthetics.

Now as we're hopefully getting closer to the first season 2 character getting announced (I think the world invitational tournament is a very obvious place for Namco to announce it), does anyone have any new guesses what the colours could mean in the original season 2 trailer?
View attachment 67394

First of all, we know the colour for Haohmaru is red. Though, I'm not sure what the connection is. Maybe one of these:
  • Red is a secondary colour on his outfit.
  • Samurai Shodown as a series features a lot of blood.
  • There's some lore stuff in SS where Haohmaru has the "red pearl soul."
And then we have the other colours...

Yellow:
  • Hwang is derived from the Chinese surname Huang which means yellow in Chinese.
  • Yellow is a secondary colour used on the outfits of Algol and Setsuka.
Pink:
  • There are numerous references to cherry blossoms for Setsuka (it's part of her nickname, you see cherry blossoms in her SC4 CF), and cherry blossoms are pink.
  • Pink is one of the colours on Setsuka's SC3 1P (thought the colour on her outfit might look more red than pink).
Dark blue or grey:
  • Rocks are grey?
  • Hilde's armour is grey!?
  • I'm honestly struggling to find anything meaningful for this colour.
What do people think? Maybe the colours actually don't mean anything and they're misleading red herrings?

About the colors and the DLC characters! Your speculation seem the most accurate to me! I really agree with you!
First: Pink is definetelly for Setsuka! Is the color of the cherry blossoms and also a theme color of her costumes! (I really hope my main and beloved character Setsuka will return)

Yellow is for Hwang he's the most requested character along with Setsuka and I think that I heard in the past that he was meant to be a playable character for the SCVI, but he was scrapped for the final game! (BTW I'm afraid that yellow is also fits to Yun-Seong)

IMO Grey is for many characters Rock, Hilde, Algol or ZWEI (I know that we'll never see a SCV character in this game, but who knows?) or for a completely new character male or female!

And finally about Haou Maru I can't wait to see how he'll look in this game and I also want for him to come along with a beautiful stage like this: Chara10_stage.jpg

I already have my dream character in SC6 which is Cassandra so no complaints for Season 1 here! I would love to see Setsuka come back and seeing Hwang or Yun-seong couldn't hurt either! As for Rock, I literally couldn't care less about him and I personally think he's awful so yeeeeeaaaaah don't bring him back Bamco. I'd rather see Hilde come back as long as she's not as ridiculous as she was in SC4 gameplay wise.

While I'm on the topic, I really hope that Bamco brings back some of the CaS options from SC3 as DLC for Season 2.

Idk just seeing the Okubo 1 year anniversary picture really reinforced how broke and small this team is. Can they afford to revamp a character so old like Hwang when Yun is already further along by default?

A reminder: The invitational is
  • Saturday, November 2nd, 2019
    • Check-In Opens: 9:00am PST
    • Pools Begin: 10:00am PST
    • Quarterfinals: 4:00pm PST
    • Top 8: 6:00pm PST

So on my end, I won't see if they announce anything or reveal any character until like midnight Nov 3.

Back