Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Totally disagree, you may not like his cliché appearance/personality, but he is more fun to play than Kilik and like Patroklos both are the most unique of the successors.
I mean, if we're going by gameplay only, Leixia is a lot more fun to play than Xianghua. She's got heavier hits like the Chinese Blade style from SoulCalibur III and she's got Hwang's kicks. I like playing her style a lot. Leixia the character, though, is beyond awful. Same for Xiba. Xiba's style is a bit silly, though, can't take it seriously using it on Kilik or Seong Mi-na, and their styles I missed in SoulCalibur V a lot. It can be fun in its own way, but it's in no way a good replacement. Patroklos was an interesting take on the sword and shield, though, and I feel like Aeon could draw inspiration from it still.

Leixia is a lot more fun to play than Xianghua. She's got heavier hits like the Chinese Blade style from SoulCalibur III and she's got Hwang's kicks. I like playing her style a lot. Leixia the character, though, is beyond awful.
Yan Wujin is actually Hwang. Kappa

Doesn’t Mi-Na think of Hwang as a brother more than anything?
I dunno if I'd go so far as "brother", but she refused to marry because she wanted to prove herself by her own merits, so she went on adventuring instead of settling down. She's got a sibling-like relationship with Yun-seong, but Hwang was more a respected friend. I could see her marrying Hwang in the SoulCalibur V time period. It's not like the Koreans are involved in the conflict anymore at that point in time.

Also I’m curious if the select screen will be rearranged.
Maybe, maybe not. Since there's four characters being added, it raises the question of symmetry, as if the first two are added to the left and right of the bottom row, then there's two left, and... weird to only have two, instead of three, to form the next row after, should they continue adding more rows. Unless there's a hidden fifth free lizard coming...

Guests and other key characters have the middle column. There’s the question of where the fourth slot will be.

But as an aside, I’d have been okay with Lizardmen being a mimic since we can’t do much with the race anyways.

Last edited:
I mean, they can either fill in the hole or add a fifth character, if symmetry is to be preserved, barring a redesign.

Either like this (Hwang and Setsuka could also be left and right of Cassandra and Amy):
Code:
Inferno     Siegfried    Zasalamel  Nightmare  Azwel
Xianghua    Maxi         Sophitia   Astaroth   Ivy
Yoshimitsu  Kilik        RockHilde  Grøh       Cervantes
Talim       Mitsurugi    Geralt     Taki       Tira
Custom      Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Voldo      Random
            Cassandra    2B         Amy
            Hwang        Haohmaru   Setsuka

Or like this:
Code:
Yoshimitsu  Kilik                   Grøh       Cervantes
RockHilde   Cassandra    2B         Amy        Aeon

It's a new season so I wouldn't be surprised if they rearrange the character select screen. Personally, I can see them moving Inferno to the middle where he will become invisible when he can't be used. I can also see them moving the three guest characters at the bottom, it would make a lot more sense that way.

It's a new season so I wouldn't be surprised if they rearrange the character select screen. Personally, I can see them moving Inferno to the middle where he will become invisible when he can't be used. I can also see them moving the three guest characters at the bottom, it would make a lot more sense that way.
So you're saying something like this?
Code:
RockHilde   Siegfried    Zasalamel  Nightmare  Azwel
Yoshimitsu  Kilik        Inferno    Grøh       Cervantes
Talim       Mitsurugi    Cassandra  Taki       Tira
            Hwang        Amy        Setsuka
            Geralt       2B         Haohmaru

That could work, but if you don't have RockHilde, then you still have the original problem of Inferno's spot being blank, I guess would be the counter.

watching the tekken 7 season 3 expanded features stream praying SC6 gets a scrap of the content they are getting...
At least one new move per character, changed mechanics, at least one stage... that could qualify as "a scrap", along with some CaS parts we'll probably get.

Since Project Soul has no money, they could recreate Money Pit using Kunpaetku Shrine as a base.
latest
latest

Replace Palgaea's statue with Vercci, remove all walls and items from this cult, paint the platform purple and red, turn everything dark and add a giant chandelier.
Now I self proclaimed the Low budget Queen title.. Kappa

If it's too difficult for them to make stages I would be fine with them making day/night variations of existing stages. I know some stages already change the lighting cycle by rounds but changing from day to night almost feels new.

For stages that have ring out walls or breakable walls, they can make variants of the stage without walls or change the height of walls.

1572160777284.png

1572160869085.png

In SC3AE the nighttime lakeside coliseum (Rock version) is fully caged up

I mean, they can either fill in the hole or add a fifth character, if symmetry is to be preserved, barring a redesign.

Either like this (Hwang and Setsuka could also be left and right of Cassandra and Amy):
Code:
Yoshimitsu  Kilik        RockHilde  Grøh       Cervantes
            Cassandra    2B         Amy

Or like this:
Code:
Yoshimitsu  Kilik                   Grøh       Cervantes
RockHilde   Cassandra    2B         Amy        Aeon

The second character select looks more accurate to me. And I hope these characters to make it!

I mean, it doesn't take much... even Necrid is better than Leixia. The only one who isn't better than Leixia is like... Xiba. Yeah, Xiba.
A rational person has no choice but to endorse your ranking of Xiba, but Lexia is actually pretty great. Of course, I also am one of the few defenders of Necrid--I'm not huge on him, but I think the character gets more guff than deserved: the moveset is actually quite interesting.
I mean, if we're going by gameplay only, Leixia is a lot more fun to play than Xianghua. She's got heavier hits like the Chinese Blade style from SoulCalibur III and she's got Hwang's kicks. I like playing her style a lot. Leixia the character, though, is beyond awful. Same for Xiba. Xiba's style is a bit silly, though, can't take it seriously using it on Kilik or Seong Mi-na, and their styles I missed in SoulCalibur V a lot. It can be fun in its own way, but it's in no way a good replacement. Patroklos was an interesting take on the sword and shield, though, and I feel like Aeon could draw inspiration from it still.
Well, of course we are talking about gameplay primarily (if not exactly exclusively). Let me put it this way: if the style is already nonsense/half-baked, then a mediocre or silly character design on seals the character as one of the especially niche/risible addition (and thus lets you kind of sort between the uselessness of the less impressive characters). But if a moveset is solid, then even kitchy or otherwise questionable character design really only detracts from their appeal so much.
Totally disagree, you may not like his cliché appearance/personality, but he is more fun to play than Kilik and like Patroklos both are the most unique of the successors.
I am quite certain that, however lore explains Xianghua's absence from SCV and Xiba's life, the real explanation is that she is hiding in shame. Presumably Kilik adopted the permanent mask for similar reasons.
Unless there's a hidden fifth free lizard coming...
I have a very hard time imagining them giving Aeon/Lizardman away. I think he's character number one in a probable Season Three.

How would you fix Rock entirely if he made a return in SCVI? His playstyle needs to be changed. Astaroth taken everything he once was.

Astaroth: Marduk
Now Rock needs to be after King & Armor King!

Same for Hwang & Yun-Seong. They're the Baek & Hwoarang of SC.

How would you fix Rock entirely if he made a return in SCVI? His playstyle needs to be changed. Astaroth taken everything he once was.

If you've got SC4 please play Rock and then compare him to Astaroth's moves in SC6. You will see Rock is very much a different beast already and personally I really like his lower torso command grabs plus a giant mace is extremely fitting for him even more so that his axe.

If you've got SC4 please play Rock and then compare him to Astaroth's moves in SC6. You will see Rock is very much a different beast already and personally I really like his lower torso command grabs plus a giant mace is extremely fitting for him even more so that his axe.
If anything Rock would probably receive a bit of a rework. Poor guy has been rather outclassed by Astaroth since the latter came into the series. I’d say give Rock more to do with his throws and have them chain into each other more.

If anything Rock would probably receive a bit of a rework. Poor guy has been rather outclassed by Astaroth since the latter came into the series. I’d say give Rock more to do with his throws and have them chain into each other more.
I agree, but its worth noting that throws really were his angle in SCIV: the best Rock players (and the players who could make him work really were relatively few--take that as an indication of the moveset being weak or barrier of entry/required skill/required experience and practice being high, as you're inclined) would man-handle you with unending waves of sweeps, staggers, and throws. He has slightly less long-range game than Astaroth, but he's no long range slouch either, and owns the middle- and short-range game when rhythm can be maintained. Or so it always seemed to me: mind you, I did not play him much, but my primary SCIV training buddy drilled him constantly, and eventually outclassed even my best characters.

So from my experience, he can be made to work and work well. So they needn't completely rewrite the book on how he most recently played, but continue basically in that vein, but with Soul Charge augmentations for command grabs, more zoning, and slight variations on the attributes of the moves such that (like you suggest above) throws can be more easily chained. That said, there is some additional work that's going to need to go into patching the holes left by moves that got co-opted by Astaroth in the last two games: but honestly, are there really that many of those? I've never done an express count, but I'm guessing the absolute number is pretty low. Anyway, PS has only gotten increasingly better at distinguishing characters that started out being very similar (or even virtually identical) earlier in the franchise.

So count me in as a fan of a reboot for this classic character, especially given this game's current dearth of heavy characters. Of course there's always the risk that might give him some needless gimmick, but every additional SCVI character has to face that possibility now. ;)

Last edited:
Back