Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

:sc5vio1:'s Command list
  • Taurus Aurora :6::A::B:
  • Capricornius Sword :3::B:
  • Aries Sickle :3::(3): or :9::(9)::A:
  • Libra Prime :2::(2): or :8::(8)::A:+:B:
There's also that fact that she carries out her fortune-telling partly thanks to Astromancy:

Still, my money is on "Star" refering to Algol.

Last edited:
As long as Amy exists as a character separate from Viola I'd have no issue having her back, especially if she went with this look over the one she ended up with.
I'm in full agreement. I may be an Amy zealot, but Viola is fine as her own thing. Anyways, her NOT being Amy would be a better twist than doing the obvious. Plus Project Soul could save money by using the same voice actress. I don't care what convoluted excuse they use (Viola is the physical manifestation of Raph's ambition, or some sorta clone created by Azwel, ETC) as long as everyone winds up happy in the end.

As long as Amy exists as a character separate from Viola I'd have no issue having her back, especially if she went with this look over the one she ended up with.

Those are my thoughts exactly. I actually liked Viola's moveset--I thought it was the standout addition for SCV, though it was by no means an adequate replacement for Amy herself. Thematically though, I think the writing is on the wall that nobody from SCV is getting into this entry. That said, it's not like there's a barrier to having the same character be playable with multiple movesets in a given entry, representing the same person at two different periods in time (just slightly separated from one-another, but both covered by the story events of that entry). This was done with Siegfried/Nightmare in SCI and Raphael/Nightmare in SCV. Plus the obvious examples of Pyrrha and Patrokolos having both their early and later movesets accessible for multiplayer. Still, it's a rarity, and I feel the soonest we would see this for Amy (if ever) would be SCVII--it just doesn't fit the design/narrative priorities of the devs for this entry to reach that far into the future.

Inb4 Reptile being a guest from Mortal Kombat, the green Ninja ya'know.
Kappa
Also:
Stone Cold Steve Austin xD
"STONE" = DLC4 (Stone=Rock)

"YELL" = DLC5 (Yell=Leader=Hilde)

"STAR" = DLC6 (Star=Seong, Hong Yun-seong)

"SNOW" = DLC7 (Snow=Setsuka)

"REPTILE" = DLC8 (Reptile=AEON)

"YELLOW" = DLC9 (Yellow=Hwang)
I'd also really like Hong Yunsung over Algol.
But what is your reasoning behind star bein Yunsung?

@FleshMasher "Seong" can mean "Star" is the reasoning, though that could also apply to Hwang Seong-gyeong just as well as Hong Yun-seong, really. It's just that no part of Yun-seong's name can mean "Yellow", while Hwang does mean "Yellow".

tumblr_o219icoaeL1qe2qqzo8_250.gif

rifleman-season2-jpg.58008

"STONE" = DLC4 (Stone=Rock)
"YELL" = DLC5 (Yell=Leader=Hilde)
"STAR" = DLC6 (Star=Seong, Hong Yun-seong)
"SNOW" = DLC7 (Snow=Setsuka)
"REPTILE" = DLC8 (Reptile=AEON)
"YELLOW" = DLC9 (Yellow=Hwang)

Almost, I think. Putting all of the referential possibilities together, I'm betting this is it:

Stone=Rock; Snow=Setsuka; Reptile=Lizardman; Star=Yun-seong (but possibly Algol); Yellow=Hwang; Yell=Li Long (but possibly Hilde)

Stone, Snow, and Reptile seem to be the most obvious calls, assuming there is not intentional misdirection at work here (which I think unlikely but cannot of course rule out altogether. I think it's probable that, popular as they are, and as much as they would bring more unique movesets to the game, the SCIV original characters are still less likely to feature, and I wonder if it can be pure coincidence that the second season pass is exactly the size you'd need to finish adding in the entirety of the SE-SCIII main roster (minus mimics, guests, playable bosses and Necrid--gawd I would laugh if 'STAR' was Necrid though, just as a prank on the community!). Interestingly, it would also mean that SCVI will end up with the exact same roster as SCIII:AE.

I'm a little surprised by the prospect that they might bundle the dao wielders together in one season, but I can't say as I'm not happy to have them both, if that proves to be the case. I just can't understand why Hilde would be 'YELL'; she's not particularly loud by SC standards, whereas Li Long does pretty consistently yell "Hoooooooo!" at the beginning (and in the midst) of his fights; this is a variation of the concept of the "spirit shout" that is common to southern Chinese martial arts. I think he's our best bet for 'YELL' and his taking that spot, as noted above, would help close out the entire pre-SCIV main recurring roster. I think that's the plan: they get the entire "classic" cast back together by the end of Season 2, and if the serialized content proves profitable, they can do a third season that begins to tap the SCIV characters, potentially Soul Calibur V. Though honestly, if you made your third season the three SCIV/BD additions, plus a fourth guest and stopped there, it would easily be the strongest roster assembled for the franchise. Not that I won't take two seasons alone! I'm psyched just on what we've recently learned.

FYI, @Klimat, if I'm right about the above, I think that means I'm going to win our friendly bet by 1 character. :D

Last edited:
Seeing that SCVI is a soft reboot for the series, I wouldn't be surprised if Rock will have has his mace weapon (Onslaught) from SCIII and SCIV this time. Also, some changes to his moveset would be OK as well since he was still somewhat similiar to Astaroth in SCIII and SCIV, despite predating him by one game. So, we'll see after Season Pass 1 is finished. =)

TL;DR:

Stone is probably Rock, But I could say that it might be a new character or possibly a more rock based Lizardman, maybe like a styracosaurus? Reptile is obviously Aeon.

Yellow is where things get interesting. If this is for season pass 2, I could say it might be Cass, If she is not coming this season, her costume looks quite yellow, and she has blonde hair i suppose. Damp is a possibility, but i somehow doubt damp of all people is going to be in the game. HWang Apparently means Yellow, so that'd be cool. No reason Yun couldn't be Yellow because there is not reason he couldn't be yellow, and his last 1p involved a lot of hot colours. I could see Yun in yellow. Might also throw people off the track of him? Honestly though, I feel it's either Hwang or Yun in Yellow.

When we are talking about star. It could very well be Algol, with the name stuff and everything, and he does draw most of his power from ASTRAL chaos. He has always used astral abilities. I (probably becuase of nostalgia I guess) want it to be Viola though. Viola was an interesting style and really worked. I feel like Viola would be the best fit for "Star". Her birth, for one, is to do with "tri-coloured stars", then there is her soothsayer motif, and the fact she works with Zwei, who is assosciated with the moon. The most important thing I'd Say, is that all of her moves are named after the Zodiac Star Signs. Taurus spear? Honestly, It's just my nostalgia speaking. V was my favourite game for years, so Viola does have a special place in my heart. I really want her to be Star.

When it comes to Snow. Setsuka was always associated with snow. That's all i can muster. Maybe a new pyromancer. Or maybe we're just going to get Snowflame.

Yell is probably Hilde. Because who else are we going to get. Li Long?

Yup, I think "Yell" makes infinetly more sense for Li Long than Hilde, for a variety of reasons. He famously yells, and she doesn't, for one...
I mean, Hilde shouts a LOT. I Usually play CaS, but I know for a fact that during her CE in SCV, HSe begins to start screaming "FOR OUR HOMELAND!!", and the shouts just keep playing (I went up against Hilde a lot. It always seemed to be stage2 for me GUess I'm geting flashbacks). Anyway, yell could also be the fact that she tends to preach a lot about her homeland. It'd be cool to finally play as Li Long, but I personally prefer Hilde, So I want to stick with Hilde :D

I mean, Hilde shouts a LOT. I Usually play CaS, but I know for a fact that during her CE in SCV, HSe begins to start screaming "FOR OUR HOMELAND!!", and the shouts just keep playing (I went up against Hilde a lot. It always seemed to be stage2 for me GUess I'm geting flashbacks). Anyway, yell could also be the fact that she tends to preach a lot about her homeland. It'd be cool to finally play as Li Long, but I personally prefer Hilde, So I want to stick with Hilde :D

Well, in that sense, just about everybody is a yeller in Soul Calibur. ;) I think we need to look to someone who is not just vocal when they make their challenges, but someone who actually yells, in the traditional sense of that word--inarticulate exclamations. Like Maxi, Li Long is prone to just straight-up yelling, using the kind breathing/exclamation techniques that are common to southern Chinese arts--particularly as they are represented in classical kung fu films. Seems like the best fit to me.

All that said, I do feel you about Hilde; I hope she does get added into the mix eventually. But I suspect that if that is going to happen, it will have to wait until a season 3 (if they get as far as that). I believe seasons one and two are going to end up being about filling in all the remaining SE-SCIII cast, based on the collective evidence we have now, and the fact that they made just enough room in season two to let that happen. Can't say I'm certain, but things certainly seem to be hinting in that direction.

Last edited:
Well, in that sense, just about everybody is a yeller in Soul Calibur. ;) I think we need to look to someone who is not just vocal when they make their challenges, but someone who actually yells, in the traditional sense of that word--inarticulate exclamations. Like Maxi, Li Long is prone to just straight-up yelling, using the kind breathing/exclamation techniques that are common to southern Chinese arts--particularly as they are represented in classical kung fu films. Seems like the best fit to me.

All that said, I do feel you about Hilde; I hope she does get added into the mix eventually. But I suspect that if that is going to happen, it will have to wait until a season 3 (if they get as far as that). I believe seasons one and two are going to end up being about filling in all the remaining SE-SCIII cast, based on the collective evidence we have now, and the fact that they made just enough room in season two to let that happen. Can't say I'm certain, but things certainly seem to be hinting in that direction.
True, True. While I can't really check, I don't own the games, and i'm working lol. Li Long is a character I would like to see. I never got to play Hwang, or Li Long, the two of them were before me, and I never owned the consoles, so I'd really like to play them. Personally,I feel like Hilde is a bit more popular among the casual fans, but we on 8wayrun seem to really like the classic characters such as Hwang and Li Long. Rock bored me in sc4, cause astaroth is more amusing IMO. Angry Golem Man seems funnier than He-Man to me. Li-Long I Feel is going to be in S3, but I would squeal like a little girl if he is in the game. Same thing with Hwang, Yun kinda annoyed me, so even though I never personally got to play him, I prefer Hwang, also, Hwang looks cooler IMO. Hwang best Dao user <3.

I personally feel like they are working more towards the other characters that were missing. But hten again, I guess we all think our preferences are going to be the thing that NAMCO is going to gear the DLC towards. (probably didn't phrase that well)

To me though, any new character is good. Even if I don't play them, at least someone will be happy with them.

I'm in full agreement. I may be an Amy zealot, but Viola is fine as her own thing. Anyways, her NOT being Amy would be a better twist than doing the obvious. Plus Project Soul could save money by using the same voice actress. I don't care what convoluted excuse they use (Viola is the physical manifestation of Raph's ambition, or some sorta clone created by Azwel, ETC) as long as everyone winds up happy in the end.
I wouldn't mind if she and Zwei ended up coming from the future in some convoluted spell to attempt to free them from their cursed fates. She could be the opposite to Zas being she experienced a future timeline, where he knows all about the past.

This may be the one that I'm conflicted about now. Because all these characters are mentioned through the Libra and Chronicle modes. I remember during Mitsurgi's story he was looking for Li Long because he was trying to challenge and kill him? Yet I fell like Hilda will make an appearance over him because it would balance the male/female ratio. Yet there are allot of clone characters being introduced so who knows. I rather it be Hilda. And Hilda is rarely using her inside voice.

It would be perfect if it’s Setsuka, Algol, Rock, Yun, Aeon, and Hilde. Unique movesets and all liked characters.

Back