Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

A minor point, but fixed. :sc4amy1:

Oh, I see--my mistake; I just assumed otherwise because of the name. :)

And no, not Ashlotte; I was implying she could be Ivy's daughter. I don't know if the timing is viable for it (you would know better than I), but the roses, the gothic vibe, the hair, the psuedo-magic vibe and so forth--it all seems to work at least as well as a connection to Ivy as to Amy.

Oh, I see--my mistake; I just assumed otherwise because of the name. :)
it's actually an offshoot of my came-up-with-on-a-whim name from Reddit, which is EzioSC5. I made my account to share the news that Ezio was leaked to be in SoulCalibur V, and I just went with that as a name, not intending to keep it long term, but then I joined other communities and the name just kinda stuck, sooo... yeah. And Dante was rumored to be a planned guest for SoulCalibur III, so I rolled into DanteSC3 because I didn't really think I would keep this account for long, either. I mostly made it so that I could PM Vergeben. But here I am, almost a couple thousand posts later, and kinda wishing I'd joined this community sooner. I had just gotten my community by other means (real people, other online places, etc.) before now.

And no, not Ashlotte; I was implying she could be Ivy's daughter. I don't know if the timing is viable for it (you would know better than I), but the roses, the gothic vibe, the hair, the psuedo-magic vibe and so forth--it all seems to work at least as well as a connection to Ivy as to Amy.
Ohhh, okay. I still can't really see that, either, due to the fact that cryptically speaking, New Legends of Project Soul confirmed that Viola's birthplace was France, and Ivy's definitely from Britain. I wouldn't really call her style "gothic", either, not really, so I didn't really make the connection. Roses for sure, particularly her Alraune weapon and SoulCalibur III 2p, but I guess maybe her SoulCalibur IV 2p might be a bit gothicish, maybe. Plus, it would be some impressive Clark-Kenting for her to be pulling double duty as an alchemist trying to purify her soul and save her father, able to use the sacred treasures to aid Patroklos in his quest, as well as being a traveling seeress as a member of Schwarzwind at the same time... the proportions don't really add up, either, and the mannerisms of her fighting style just reek of Amy, too.... I just don't, I can't. Viola is Amy, Amy's twin sister, or Amy's clone, that's all there is to it.

Why are they taking so long with the dlc??? Their social media is dead too.
Hopefully it means that they're giving it their all to give us the best possible DLC experience possible. I don't really want to rush it. I'd rather it be quality than rushed out the door. That being said, having small progress reports along the way wouldn't go unappreciated. I would expect something by the end of February, at the absolute latest, personally.

@DanteSC3

If Raphael is a tragic hero then so is Hitler, Stalin and Mao because they all have relatable sides like being a family guy. You've got to keep in mind what Raphael thinks of the plebs (the conversation he has with Azwel shows his conclusion and motivation) plus he refers to a defeated opponent as "a fine pet for Amy" making him an advocate of slavery. Raphael is completely insane, a charismatic totalitarian dick who thinks that there are those who rule and those who are ruled. Again I'm cool with him being this as it makes him interesting but he is a villain, a believable villain because have had people like this in history and will continue to do because we are a hierarchy species after all.

@DanteSC3
Doesn't Libra of Soul make it explicit that he survived? I would swear there's a quest at Ostrheinsburg where the Conduit runs into a Fygul Cestemus search party sent to retrieve Astaroth's core, and gets pushed into the same chasm Maxi fell in after killing Astaroth. They see his jacket caught on a branch or something, and then encounter some man downriver who saved him.

Maybe I'm making this up, but I would swear I remember this. I hope I'm not already in need of brushing up on Libra of Soul.

Last edited:
I've cracked it, gay maxi is yell.
I feel like that whole Gay Maxi 'leak' had to be part of a punchline from some insider that knew about Soul Chronicle. I went in thinking that he was going to be gay, and then he winds up being the one character whose straightness comes into play in the storyline. He's so straight, he's willing to work for an obviously shady woman because he's attracted to her.

Last edited:
I feel like that whole Gay Maxi 'leak' had to be part of a punchline from some insider that knew about Soul Chronicle. I went in thinking that he was going to be gay, and then he winds up being the one character whose straightness comes into play in the storyline. He's so straight, he's willing to work for an obviously shady woman because he's attracted to her.
No he didn't. He used her and her situation get her to pay for his upgraded super chucks. Practically the whole story was about his nunchucks. It was the big reveal at the end. He was never under the girl's allure it was all a part of the show.

Hopefully it means that they're giving it their all to give us the best possible DLC experience possible. I don't really want to rush it. I'd rather it be quality than rushed out the door. That being said, having small progress reports along the way wouldn't go unappreciated. I would expect something by the end of February, at the absolute latest, personally.
Lol I do not expect too much from the CaS dlc pack for them to take so long with it.

Lol I do not expect too much from the CaS dlc pack for them to take so long with it.
Yeah honestly, these CaS parts better be good for how long we've been waiting. I understand that making stuff for games takes a lot of time, but a three month wait for cosmetic items feels like a little too much, especially when you consider that some of these items are going to be ported from SC5/SC4/LS.

@DanteSC3

If Raphael is a tragic hero then so is Hitler, Stalin and Mao because they all have relatable sides like being a family guy. You've got to keep in mind what Raphael thinks of the plebs (the conversation he has with Azwel shows his conclusion and motivation) plus he refers to a defeated opponent as "a fine pet for Amy" making him an advocate of slavery. Raphael is completely insane, a charismatic totalitarian dick who thinks that there are those who rule and those who are ruled. Again I'm cool with him being this as it makes him interesting but he is a villain, a believable villain because have had people like this in history and will continue to do because we are a hierarchy species after all.
There surely are different ways to interpret his character, I'll give you that. I don't agree with saying he's straight-up a villain, though. He does have questionable methods, and his morals are due to his noble upbringing, as it's the only world that he really knows. He was mistreated by that world, and so he seeks revenge on it by employing their own tactics against them to show them how it feels to be ruled. Slavery may be a bit much, but a servant, like a maid/butler, is more along the lines of what he means, evidenced by what he did to Auguste/Jacqueline/Marienbard in SoulCalibur IV. It's a bit twisted, and he gets driven more to the villain side of things as the story progresses, but it's not because he's doing it to be evil, it just sort of works out that way, due to unfortunate circumstances along the path. I guess it also depends on what you call a "villain", but that may be another discussion entirely.

@DanteSC3
Doesn't Libra of Soul make it explicit that he survived? I would swear there's a quest at Ostrheinsburg where the Conduit runs into a Fygul Cestemus search party sent to retrieve Astaroth's core, and gets pushed into the same chasm Maxi fell in after killing Astaroth. They see his jacket caught on a branch or something, and then encounter some man downriver who saved him.

Maybe I'm making this up, but I would swear I remember this. I hope I'm not already in need of brushing up on Libra of Soul.
I won't say you're wrong, but I don't really recall that specifically, either. I do remember seeing the jacket, and assuming the worst, but I may have glossed over them encountering another man who says he saved him. That whole section of story was on the darker side, so it may have been lost in the details, since the primary focus by that point was stopping Azwel. And my quest to unlock the fabled Nightmare title kind of blinded me to story events of Libra of Soul, skipping everything, since that wasn't in my goals anymore. I'll have to check it out again sometime, to be sure.

When it comes to Namco, it’s best to never get your hopes up.
OzlvkT7.jpg

No he didn't. He used her and her situation get her to pay for his upgraded super chucks. Practically the whole story was about his nunchucks. It was the big reveal at the end. He was never under the girl's allure it was all a part of the show.
I'll admit, I was only paying half attention (I only really cared about the central story & Raph's). I thought he initially fell for her allure, but after figuring out she was out to screw him over, he pulled a fast one on her and used her money for the super chucks.

Granted, maybe their names are intentionally to throw us off? Like Snow, could be opposite of something? They are intending to add? Like you lot, i've seen the CAS, AMY data mined articles spread throughout the internet. Let's assume those are safe bets. Everyone else could be intentional or simply Project Soul Trolling us and are trying to through us off. For all we know they could be complete new characters with move sets from the older Gen of Characters. I just hope Cassandra is Legit though. She was almost split Even with her Sister on the Popularity poll. And she was my main Since SCII. And i was gutted when she wasn't in SC5 (Then again everyone wasn't in it) And i hate playing as her sister, her move-set doesn't cut it for me, and Cassandra is the one character i actually got confident playing on Ranked with SC4 with.

Granted, maybe their names are intentionally to throw us off? Like Snow, could be opposite of something? They are intending to add? Like you lot, i've seen the CAS, AMY data mined articles spread throughout the internet. Let's assume those are safe bets. Everyone else could be intentional or simply Project Soul Trolling us and are trying to through us off. For all we know they could be complete new characters with move sets from the older Gen of Characters. I just hope Cassandra is Legit though. She was almost split Even with her Sister on the Popularity poll. And she was my main Since SCII. And i was gutted when she wasn't in SC5 (Then again everyone wasn't in it) And i hate playing as her sister, her move-set doesn't cut it for me, and Cassandra is the one character i actually got confident playing on Ranked with SC4 with.

I originally thought they might be throwing us off as well but then after thinking more about it, i changed my mind. The important thing to note is there aren't a lot of characters left to work with and the codenames do perfectly match up with certain missing characters. Even if a few of them are totally off, some of them wont be. I'm sure PS will understand this and not see a point in using fake codenames.

If they really didnt want anyone knowing anything, they could just use a simpler strategy like "FighterA, B, C, etc". Since they didnt do that, im inclined to believe the codenames legitimately represent the characters.

Last edited:
I originally thought they might be throwing us off as well but then after thinking more about it, i changed my mind. The important thing to note is there aren't a lot of characters left to work with and the codenames do perfectly match up with certain missing characters. Even if a few of them are totally off, some of them wont be. I'm sure PS will understand this and not see a point in using fake codenames.

If they really didnt want anyone knowing anything, they could just use a simpler strategy like "FighterA, B, C, etc". Since they didnt do that, im inclined to believe the codenames legitimately represent the characters.

Agreed. And the intention here is even much more obvious than that. These characters are not just codenamed cleverly to mostly make their identities certain but still leave just the tiniest bit of doubt as to a couple of them--they were also without question meant to be noticed, after the Cassie/Amy "leak" led to highly effective and free viral marketing.

Everyone else could be intentional or simply Project Soul Trolling us and are trying to through us off. For all we know they could be complete new characters with move sets from the older Gen of Characters.

I don't mean to be rude, but please walk me through what you think the thought process would be for a Project Soul lead developer or Namco marketing executive that would cause them to pursue the instinct to troll their customer base? As AMHP points out, if they really wanted to keep things a secret, they would simply have codenamed the characters with a random alphanumeric string. Or just left them out of the code until those values actually serve a function. They haven't officially released word of this second season pass and though many of us were hopeful and cautiously optimistic for it from context, two weeks ago nobody had the faintest idea if it was a truly realistic hope. Everything we know about it comes from Namco's sly announcement via "data leak". If they didn't want us to know what was going on, not only would we not have the codenames, we wouldn't even know there was gonna be a further six characters. They wouldn't need to play games to "keep us off the scent". And it's not as if we are talking about trade secrets here.

So the only reason they would release those six names, suggesting six classic characters, and then swap them out for different characters altogether (which new characters would take more resources to create, btw, since they would have to be designed and balanced from the ground up, rather than relying on the templates that exist for classic characters) would be for the sheer thrill of misleading their most loyal customers and then thwarting their expectations. And I'm sorry, but a Forbes 2000 company, that makes half a billion annually on its software, does not go around trolling its consumers, risking the creation of enormous ill will and bad PR, and with the potential for making customers doubt they are on the level in the future...just for shits and giggles. No, I am quite confident that the characters are who they seem likely to be. "YELL" (and possibly "YELLOW" and "STAR") remains ambiguous enough that there is room for reasonable people to disagree as to who they are likely to be (though personally I'm pretty confident about all six), but I can all but guarantee they are not a bait and switch for a new six characters. Now personally, I woudn't even feel particularly "trolled" if Stone was Bangoo but with Rock's moveset, and the rest all operated like that (I think that's what you were suggesting above). I care really only about the moveset itself. But I think there are a sufficient number of people who are attached to the actual characters themselves that it would still needlessly annoy a lot of people at least a little. Enough that it wouldn't be worth the effort, anyway.

Of course, bear in mind that one of the advantages Namco gets out of announcing these characters without making an actual formal announcement is that they get to have their cake (free viral marketing akin to or potentially even greater than what they would get from a formal annoucement) and eat it too (they can still cancel the plans if DLC content sales end up being insufficient to justify the cost, and not face much of a backlash because they never really committed to anything; fans "just" found something in the code).

Last edited:
What i mean by trolling is by that, Project soul could name the Data mined Names. Santa Claus, Jackfrost, Rudolf, and make us think oh gee those are the DLC Character we're getting for random example. And six months later we end up with Gut's Griffith and Zodd from Berserk for example sake. Any Soul Calibur fan can look over the leaked names and instantly recognize who the names belong to. Which to me is a little bit too easy and suspicious, why make it that easy after-all? Kinda ruins the surprise.

stone = Rock. yell = ??? Star = yun-seong/Agol. Snow = Setsuka. reptile = aeon/lizardman yellow = hwang

It's really that obvious outside of Yell.

I'm firmly within the group that believe the Data mined names are legit and what we are going to get eventually character wise. As its a great way to tease characters without formally confirming them. Or it could be simply some programmer intentionally or unintentionally trying to leak without being aware of what they are doing.

But i'm not holding my breath until i see an actual game-play trailer

As for YELL i have no idea.

Last edited:
What i mean by trolling is by that, Project soul could name the Data mined Names. Santa Claus, Jackfrost, Rudolf, and make us think oh gee those are the DLC Character we're getting for random example. And six months later we end up with Gut's Griffith and Zodd from Berserk for example sake. Any Soul Calibur fan can look over the leaked names and instantly recognize who the names belong to. Which to me is a little bit too easy and suspicious, why make it that easy after-all? Kinda ruins the surprise.

stone = Rock. yell = ??? Star = yun-seong/Agol. Snow = Setsuka. reptile = aeon/lizardman yellow = hwang

It's really that obvious outside of Yell.

I'm firmly within the group that believe the Data mined names are legit and what we are going to get eventually character wise. As its a great way to tease characters without formally confirming them. Or it could be simply some programmer intentionally or unintentionally trying to leak without being aware of what they are doing.

But i'm not holding my breath until i see an actual game-play trailer

As for YELL i have no idea.

Well, I don't think they are really meant to be that much of a surprise. As you say, the names are obvious and I believe they are intended to be obvious. I think they were chosen such that they could be latched on to by longtime fans of the franchise, but also with just enough doubt as to two or three of them that debate would create a kind of self-sustaining hype for the DLC.

And no, I don't think there's any chance these were left in by accident. For one thing, Namco was aware of the earlier Amy/Cassie leak (if it was indeed a leak at all and not just their prototype effort at this kind of viral marketing), and certainly would not have let the same thing happen two patches in a row, if it was a mistake. Second, even going on the incomplete picture we have of where Project Soul are on developing the post-launch content, its pretty safe to assume that if they are still working on season one DLC, these additional six characters are not much beyond the initial design stages. They certainly can't be anywhere near ready and yet these values have been stuck in many months (realistically in some cases, probably more than a year) before they will have any practical function in the code as reference points. Lastly, and most tellingly, because they are codenamed, they will probably be replaced with the actual character's names before they become live values actually used for reference in the game's code. All of this points to the same conclusion: this "leak" was intentional as a form of cheap viral marketing.

Actually, it's so obvious that at first I thought Namco ought to be embarrassed at what a transparent ploy it is, when there's no reason for those names to be in there, except to be found by code savvy fans. But since then I've not encountered another person who's seen the writing on the wall, so maybe I am overestimating how many fans fit in the intersection of those having the technical capabilities to recognize what these values do and who are also people inclined to think critically about the matter. Still, when one has all the facts, there really is only one conclusion: they are using the hardcore fanbase as an amplifier for hype regarding the DLC. In other words, the type of people who come to a forum like this one are being used as lightweight influencers to reach the rest of the market through our obsessive discussion and debate about our "discoveries". Personally, I think it's pretty smart and I'm quite happy to play along: I really want the serialized content for this game to be profitable, to maximize the ultimate size of the roster, stage selection, and pool of CaS assets. So if Namco has decided to be a bit sneaky about putting the content out there in this way, more power to them!

And "YELL" is Li Long, I'm pretty sure. That point has been hotly debated the last week, with the next leading contender being Hilde, I think--though I personally doubt that selection. There's plenty of discussion about the candidates in this thread if you go back about seven pages and then read forward.

Last edited:
Back