Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

@ZionOAS
I suppose I can see how it might seem unclear at a glance which clash of the swords is being referenced there, but given the consistent references to the battle at the Lost Cathedral elsewhere (Siegfried, Nightmare, Tira and Zasalamel's stories), I just always assumed it meant that one -- particularly since Algol's return occurs right after.

In any case, the "New Legends of Project Soul" book does specify that it was the battle from the end of SCIII.

I wishing that they completely drop a retcon nuke on SC4 and so on because that part of the series became apparent of an agenda of a certain someone to get to the incest time skip. Yet they had a problem with everyone meticulous boob jiggle rendering. But incest is perfectly cool.

I’m thinking it’s possible that he can be formed in this game since remnants of his tower float in the background of Astral Chaos. Like I said it may not be a direct interaction with other characters but they will gift us with his character.

If Aeon is a Spartan I don’t see him embracing the animalistic side of himself. One of the greatest warriors in the Multiverse Son Goku always finds himself chomping down on his opponents. So if Aeon happens to get down into that slither stance that’s cool. It’s also possible to restrict his movelist in the earlier chapters.

Isn’t Astraroth a chosen warrior as well. He died by nunchaku. So obviously you’re destined to a tragic fate. “Only nature is ethereal.”

...that part of the series became apparent of an agenda of a certain someone to get to the incest time skip.... But incest is perfectly cool.
Wait, what? Who?

Anyway, as to the rest, I wouldn't expect massive detours into retcon at this point; the devs worked overtime to reconstruct the original narrative meiticulosuly, and even aesthetic and tonal details that aren't plot beats per se are still pretty consistent. I don't think there's much chance at all of Algol showing up SCVI, certainly not in season pass 2, and as regards Lizzi, at most I think they will do a chapter or two with Aeon as a human--certainly not remake half his moveset to keep him but as a human; that would be more work for something even few of Lizardman's proponents would want and which would be inconsistent with their design philosophy for this game and everything they've hinted about regarding his presence as a classic lizardman archetype.

Isn’t Astraroth a chosen warrior as well. He died by nunchaku. So obviously you’re destined to a tragic fate. “Only nature is ethereal.”

Nah, Astartoth is a "golem", a kind of mythological artificial being created by infusing inanimate matter with the essence of life. It's very old middle-eastern archetype that they kind of fused with a Franekenstein's monster vibe.

Wait, what? Who?
A lot of people find Pat and Pyrrha's interactions to be less brother/sister and veering into vaguely incesty territory. I've personally never really noticed, but hey.
I've also seen a handful of people joke about how it's kinda weird that the image of Sophitia that Elysium pulled out of Pat's head to manipulate him also just so happened to be more scantily clad than Sophitia ever was. Which I agree, but I just chalk that up to the designers not thinking much about the context of her appearance.

I mean, if you think about it, there really isn't a lot "lizardlike" about the Lesser Lizardman style, due to how incomplete it is. And by that I mean it doesn't have a lot of the more feral stuff like bite attacks, after assuming the crawl stance being able to do the flips and various follow-ups, that sort of thing. So they could easily just use that style for Aeon's human part, and then the real fleshed out style that is the DLC character Aeon be what he uses once he makes the transformation into the lizard form. And I wholly believe that we'll see his primary weapon be the Xi Sword & Game Shield, considering if we'd see him as a human, that is the sword he has at that point, and his story art clearly shows a sword, when they could have easily drawn an axe.

@ZionOAS This is actually the first time I've heard of SoulCalibur IV being sourced as leading into SoulCalibur V directly. All implications to me and what I've seen others take it is that SoulCalibur IV was supposed to be the last game in the series, considering how every character just about got their story wrapped up, it was such that if there wasn't another game, then we had almost nearly universal closure.

@mokamoka827 I always took Elysium's appearance to be that of an angel, seemed rather apparent to me, because Patroklos knows his mother is dead, so it wouldn't make any sense for her to show up as a normal living human.

Edit: Typo fix.

Last edited:
I always took Elysium's appearance to be that of an angel, seemed rather apparent to me, because Patroklos knows his mother is dead, so it wouldn't make any sense for her to show up as a normal living human.
Well, yeah, she's an angel, or something close to it. But, the point was that, despite her taking on the appearance of Patroklos' mother and Pat being the only one who ever saw her, they still went the sexy route (less clothing, bigger boobs, etc). Thus, leading to a few Oedipus jokes. On top of the incest jokes people keep making about him and Pyrrha.

I was referring to Daisuke on the Dev team at the time. When he took over the series in 4 and 5 he clearly didn’t like how the story because that’s when the story took the drastic “final game” turn. Hilde was introduced as the first not scantly clad female, Damp debuted. Then when SC5 was green lit the entire cast was forced out due to the incest time skip. He had it out for the game and it’s documented he particularly wasn’t a fan of Ivy because the devs really paid attention to her figure and breast. But to her right she is the face of the series and couldn’t be removed hence why she became unable to age. So I really suggest they don’t keep such a toxic part of the series.

Well, yeah, she's an angel, or something close to it. But, the point was that, despite her taking on the appearance of Patroklos' mother and Pat being the only one who ever saw her, they still went the sexy route (less clothing, bigger boobs, etc). Thus, leading to a few Oedipus jokes. On top of the incest jokes people keep making about him and Pyrrha.
Yeah Pat was just all messed up.

I personally like the entire Algol and Sophitia story. Where he took pity on her and assisted her in saving her family because of his guilt. That was a much better ending to her story arc and showed that Algol was more than a big bad that just erected his penis into the series. He could have still lost to Mitsurugi and been humbled then caught wind of what else was going on. And this brings back my screw history point because even if he still wanted to conquer the world he could’ve went home with Sophi and Cassandra and lived there for awhile as a uncle role and began a new campaign. He could have become a new target of ire for other countries and power hungry individuals and allowed the story to continue to flourish without the constant kill Nightmare theme.

By the way, can we just take a minute to appreciate how much it sucks to be "chosen by the gods" to be one of the Hellenic holy warriors? Aeon gets captured and changed into a bestial creature, at first a slave and eventually descending into madness. Cassandra gets cast unceremoniously into the nightmare-scape of the astral chaos and is never heard from again. And Sophitia...where to start with her? She is asked to abandon her family repeatedly, missing most of the childhood of her children in order to go on a series of missions to destroy Soul Edge which usually end with her horrifically injured and traumatized, with shards of Soul Edge leaking evil seed toxins into her body. Then she is ultimately turned against her own family in order to protect her daughter, despite knowing she is infected by that same evil, and ultimately has to die trying to protect her child, only to have that sacrifice result in said daughter being kidnapped, manipulated and turned first into a mewling simpleton and then into a malfested. Oh, and perhaps worst of all, she ends up with Patroklos as a son! Talk about getting the short end of the stick. If she could have seen what was coming, I can only assume she would have told Hephaestus where he could stick that sword and shield that her husband was to forge for her.

Gotta call shenaiagans. I mean, didn't Cassandra stole Sophitia's gear to go fight so Soph won't have to? I mean, I highly doubt that she was chosen to begin with.

I was referring to Daisuke on the Dev team at the time. When he took over the series in 4 and 5 he clearly didn’t like how the story because that’s when the story took the drastic “final game” turn. Hilde was introduced as the first not scantly clad female, Damp debuted. Then when SC5 was green lit the entire cast was forced out due to the incest time skip. He had it out for the game and it’s documented he particularly wasn’t a fan of Ivy because the devs really paid attention to her figure and breast. But to her right she is the face of the series and couldn’t be removed hence why she became unable to age. So I really suggest they don’t keep such a toxic part of the series.
I assume you mean Daishi? He was credited as game director for SC4 (the game has two other directors credited too, one of them Harada of all people). The story was credited to two other people (both of them not working on SC5, but one of them returned to work on the story for SC6). I'm not sure how much Daishi had to do with the story in SC4, but I agree that it wasn't a good direction for the series, and it doesn't help most endings contradicted each other which limited what they could do.

And who is that person and why do we trust them?
I assume they're talking about this: https://steamdb.info/app/544750/dlc/

For the first time in a long while Namco has updated one of the unreleased DLC entries for SC6 on Steam.

Gotta call shenaiagans. I mean, didn't Cassandra stole Sophitia's gear to go fight so Soph won't have to? I mean, I highly doubt that she was chosen to begin with.

Maybe? But I still say the over-all message is the same, and takes a page from actual Hellenic mythology: if a god shows up, even if they are one you've spent a lot of time showing respect towards, your life is about to get f$%^ed ten ways from Sunday. Your best case scenario is that you get turned into a cow so that you can be their action on the side.

I assume you mean Daishi? He was credited as game director for SC4 (the game has two other directors credited too, one of them Harada of all people). The story was credited to two other people (both of them not working on SC5, but one of them returned to work on the story for SC6). I'm not sure how much Daishi had to do with the story in SC4, but I agree that it wasn't a good direction for the series, and it doesn't help most endings contradicted each other which limited what they could do.

Yeah, but that was every game up until SCV; you could never get any two characters' stories to match up in a sensible continuity, let alone all eighteen to forty (depending on the game). And you never knew whose ending was the "canonical" one until the next game (and even then the message was mixed). I don't think SCIV was any more nonsensical in that respect than SCI-III, it merely spent less time fleshing the plot lines out. Which, from my perspective is perfectly reasonable, since the story was always high-grade ultra-rarefied nonsense, and the less spent out of the budget to build it, the better. While I didn't embrace SCIV's stripped down approach in other respects, I was all for that.

Last edited:
Looking at the numbers, though, that would appear to be DLC5, not DLC3. Interesting that they did something, I guess, but I don't think it means much.

Well there's no reason why any one of those app IDs have to map to particular DLC releases, just because the first two character releases happened to be sequential. It could still mean something. Anyway, this is about when I expected the CaS release, all along--even when people had convinced themselves (mostly through wishful thinking and the most optimistic possible reading of dev comments) that it would drop in mid January--and I wouldn't be gobsmacked to see it drop just before evo. It's pure speculation, but I bet you we're looking at days rather than weeks at this juncture.

I don't think the IDs matter. The Tira and 2B DLCs have higher IDs than the unreleased DLC. It's probably just the order that a Namco employee happened to submit these to Steam.

They do have higher IDs, but they're descending in value perfectly, if the rest were also in order. It's not impossible they don't matter, but I think they do.

Back