Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if Lucien Dodge voices anyone other than Hwang? Because if he only voices him, then I'm inclined to believe Hwang is planned as DLC later in Season 2. Why give an NPC with limited lines a unique voice actor? Sounds like too much trouble.

Hwang is confirmed for SCVI Season 2. All Namco has to do is make a new model & import his SCIII:AE moveset with tweaks.

E3 would probably work, considering that's in the middle of June, which is about when the second customization pack should release, and if they're consistent, they'd be releasing that pack and announcing Cassandra at basically the same time.

I'd be very surprised if they release the second creation pack before Cassandra, and I'm confused as to why everyone assumes that: the pattern established in the first half of the season pass was two characters and only then a creation pack--I see no reason to assume they won't do the same for the second half of the season pass, especially as Cassandra and Amy have both been in development for some time. To address the original question though, I'm not sure Cassandra will be announced at any event--the timetable won't always allow them to do so.

Of course, there's always a chance they could announce her at E3 and drop her shortly after--just because they announced Amy so far in advance of her release to hit EVO doesn't mean they necesarily are going to feel the need to wait weeks if they want to announce Cassie at E3, but are also essentially finished with her at that point. It certainly does feel to me just now as if Amy is coming late March/early April and Cassandra late June/early July. That would put the announcement of season 2 at EVO, I'd think, with the drop of the second season 1 creation pack shortly thereafter. At least, those are my best guesses; I can't say I'm 100% confident in any of them, but I bet all of them are roughly in the ballpark.

Hwang is confirmed for SCVI Season 2. All Namco has to do is make a new model & import his SCIII:AE moveset with tweaks.

Hwang is not confirmed--not officially anyway. Season two isn't even confirmed officially at this point. If your argument is that both are a foregone conclusion based on current evidence, I'd vaguely agree with that, but "confirmed" is a substantial overstatement.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if they release the second creation pack before Cassandra, and I'm confused as to why everyone assumes that...
Because the Soul Archive JP site has, very clearly, since the very beginning, laid out the DLC as such:

DLC1 - Character A
DLC2 - Character B
DLC3 - Armor Pack A
DLC4 - Character C
DLC5 - Armor Pack B
DLC6 - Character D

Because the Soul Archive JP site has, very clearly, since the very beginning, laid out the DLC as such:

DLC1 - Character A
DLC2 - Character B
DLC3 - Armor Pack A
DLC4 - Character C
DLC5 - Armor Pack B
DLC6 - Character D

Is that so? Can I trouble you for the URL for the page where that listing can be found? I've been through that site's content a few times recently and can't recall seeing anything to that effect, so I must have missed the page in question.

Edit: nevermind, found it. Well that's a bummer. I was really hoping to have Cassie by mid summer. Ugh.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Lucien Dodge voices anyone other than Hwang? Because if he only voices him, then I'm inclined to believe Hwang is planned as DLC later in Season 2. Why give an NPC with limited lines a unique voice actor? Sounds like too much trouble.

What is your source for Lucien Dodge being Hwang's voice actor? Someone said he was Hwang's voice actor, so I asked Lucien Dodge himself while he was streaming.

He said "Hwang isn't in the game...but Hwang returning would be cool" Along those lines more or less. He said he did lots of voicework in soul chronicles for grunts/generic NPCs.

He said an easy way to find him is to play Azwel's story. He is the narrator for Azwel's soul chronicle

05d.jpg

Soon can be the 26th, though. And I don't think a company distributing the game would fake it.

I'm not saying they faked it, but it could be misinformation all the same, a miscommunication that slipped through the cracks and wasn't meant to be seen.

I'm glad that they changed Amy's face and costume for SCVI.

Probably because Amy (and Rock) were not developed with the same time and care as the rest of the cast....Amy in SC4 looks vacant and generic at times.

This new face and outfit make me cringe significantly less now, and she looks more her age. Thankfully less sexualized too.

@Rusted Blade There exists an actual star named Algol, colloquially known as "The Demon Star" that seems to be a direct translation of its arabian name "رأس الغول"
(waiting for confirmation of an arabian friend on this one, which if true, Algol would also be a translation of Star jist like Yun-Seong)
The translation for that Arabic name is "The head of the ghoul". Ghoul = Algol in Arabic.

What do you mean ?
They’re speaking about how Dampierre and, to a lesser extent, Pyrrha had a ‘joke character’ design to them.

I doubt Cassandra will end up like that due to the fact of her already having a (mostly) serious fighting style to draw upon.

Last edited:
Back