Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

EDIT: Spoke to Maimai about it a bit, and they were being very vague about it, but something about how dodging or evading stuff builds meter and using meter will give access to more powerful moves or something like that

So, either more seperate moves locked behind her gimmick or Brave Edges.

But I didn't say SCIII:AE. I said SCIII. They're very different games.
In a world where we had justice for our beloved series, Arcade Edition would have come out as a Definitive Edition and/or XBLA/PSN release like SoulCalibur II. It exists, either way, though, regardless of the fact that her alternate outfit didn’t return to SoulCalibur IV. It’s like saying Dampierre doesn’t have an alternate outfit either because it didn’t return to SoulCalibur V, though he had one in Broken Destiny, which was basically, but in a different way, the Arcade Edition of SoulCalibur IV.

At the point we're at I wouldn't be surprised if Viola ends up being one of the DLC characters in Season 2. All this hinting and foreshadowing seems a bit much for a plan they might want to integrate into a sequel that may not even happen.

At the point we're at I wouldn't be surprised if Viola ends up being one of the DLC characters in Season 2. All this hinting and foreshadowing seems a bit much for a plan they might want to integrate into a sequel that may not even happen.
May not even happen? Why? The game is considered a success, which means that a sequel is actually very likely to happen.

May not even happen? Why? The game is considered a success, which means that a sequel is actually very likely to happen.
If they can find ways to justify sword/axe/spear/nunchukfighting in a world where everyone, in that era, makes the move from melee weapons to firearms.

If SCV can justify a sequel, then we are guaranteed one SC game per console generation at a minimum
Plus, I'd expect it to come sooner than SCVI did, mainly because the SCVI delay was because of internal drama with Namco not wanting to make another game thanks to SCV, but now all that's been resolved. Should be a 3/4 year gap between games like normal. I hope.

If they can find ways to justify sword/axe/spear/nunchukfighting in a world where everyone, in that era, makes the move from melee weapons to firearms.
Its totally not like we had plenty of games where characters use swords even though they have firearm options, right? That is the most nonsensical excuse I've ever heard. They'll justify that as soon as they justify the way Ivy dresses.

Back