Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

They still use melee weapons in the distant future of Assassin's Creed modern day, where they have the technology to relive memories of ancestors.

It's really not something that needs to be considered.

whenever we get the DLC files updated, the DLC release was soon afterwards

I was just wondering, I'm the only person that would rather have more basic stuff (faces, hair styles, voices) rather than more armor pieces in the next DLC armor pack?
I honestly think it would make a bigger difference and would allow to a bigger range of new creations if we were given more faces and hairs than with some new costumes

I was just wondering, I'm the only person that would rather have more basic stuff (faces, hair styles, voices) rather than more armor pieces in the next DLC armor pack?
I honestly think it would make a bigger difference and would allow to a bigger range of new creations if we were given more faces and hairs than with some new costumes

Hair, maybe depending on the length but not faces. You gotta figure in a typical match you dont really get a good look at faces too often. Outfits are definitely visible all the time.

I think we need more head gear options.

Since upcoming DLC and character lineup is frequently debated. I figured it might be relevant to post the response straight from the horse's mouth on the subject.

33. How do you decide the character line-up of the title?

Weapon usage is SOULCALIBUR’s uniquness and identity among fighting game genre. These weapons, variety of battle styles and composition are first considered. Then they are finally decided considering the characters for the story construction and their popularity among users.

Last edited:
@AMillionHP That answer is still bollocks, else we would have gotten Setsuka and Hilde instead of Amy and Cassandra. I don’t care what they say, it’s incredibly clear that the narrative is the first and foremost consideration when it comes to character inclusion, followed shortly by popularity, then weapon style variety is a distant third.

@NeclordX Hair yes, but I feel like faces is a losing battle at this point. We’ve had the same faces from IV until now, so it’s very low on the bar. I’d sooner like to see faces just get revamped in the next game and have sliders and facial hair and such extra detail. No use trying to salvage this system, just make a new one. Voices, a pipe dream would be to have Kamikirimusi’s voice back, but I doubt that would happen.

@AMillionHP That answer is still bollocks, else we would have gotten Setsuka and Hilde instead of Amy and Cassandra. I don’t care what they say, it’s incredibly clear that the narrative is the first and foremost consideration when it comes to character inclusion, followed shortly by popularity, then weapon style variety is a distant third.

@NeclordX Hair yes, but I feel like faces is a losing battle at this point. We’ve had the same faces from IV until now, so it’s very low on the bar. I’d sooner like to see faces just get revamped in the next game and have sliders and facial hair and such extra detail. No use trying to salvage this system, just make a new one. Voices, a pipe dream would be to have Kamikirimusi’s voice back, but I doubt that would happen.

Where are you getting this popularity ranking from? Dont tell me its from that outdated poll. Setsuka maybe, but Hilde is definitely not more popular than Cassandra.

Where are you getting this popularity ranking from? Dont tell me its from that outdated poll. Setsuka maybe, but Hilde is definitely not more popular than Cassandra.
If you're talking about the one from Facebook, then its not that one, because Cassandra (12th) beat both Setsuka (20th) and Hilde (24th) on that one by a quite large margin, in fact, she also beat many characters revealed and added before her, Amy (13th), Mi-Na (15th), Cervantes (16th), Voldo (17th), Xianghua (18th), Raphael (19th), Maxi (22nd) and Astaroth (25th). Also, for the sake of discussion, I will add that Viola is at 21st, beating Hilde, Maxi and Astaroth in popularity.

The Facebook poll is the only data point we have that is actually recorded, and I don't think it's the end-all-be-all, but your wording makes it seem like you may have slightly misinterpreted what I said. I was saying that, if their importance order was like they said in the answer, being:

1. Unique Weapon Styles
2. Story Relevance
3. Popularity

Then Setsuka and Hilde would have made it in instead of Amy and Cassandra, by point number 1.

In reality, their actual process would seem to be:

1. Story Relevance
2. Popularity
3. Unique Weapon Styles

Because Amy has the most story relevance of all the missing persons, due to the big push she received from Raphael's Soul Chronicle, and will be receiving in her own Soul Chronicle, due to Azwel's apparent involvement with her and Viola, after his involvement with Raphael was already established. Cassandra, on the other hand, is getting in by means of popularity, because her story relevance in this block of time is not very high (that is, assuming they stay with "before SoulCalibur II" for the framing, which Amy's Soul Chronicle does not actually appear to be doing, but that remains to be seen), but she's definitely popular and highly requested. But neither Amy nor Cassandra fit the bill for unique weapon styles, allegedly their most important factor.

The Facebook poll is the only data point we have that is actually recorded, and I don't think it's the end-all-be-all, but your wording makes it seem like you may have slightly misinterpreted what I said. I was saying that, if their importance order was like they said in the answer, being:

1. Unique Weapon Styles
2. Story Relevance
3. Popularity

Then Setsuka and Hilde would have made it in instead of Amy and Cassandra, by point number 1.

In reality, their actual process would seem to be:

1. Story Relevance
2. Popularity
3. Unique Weapon Styles

Because Amy has the most story relevance of all the missing persons, due to the big push she received from Raphael's Soul Chronicle, and will be receiving in her own Soul Chronicle, due to Azwel's apparent involvement with her and Viola, after his involvement with Raphael was already established. Cassandra, on the other hand, is getting in by means of popularity, because her story relevance in this block of time is not very high (that is, assuming they stay with "before SoulCalibur II" for the framing, which Amy's Soul Chronicle does not actually appear to be doing, but that remains to be seen), but she's definitely popular and highly requested. But neither Amy nor Cassandra fit the bill for unique weapon styles, allegedly their most important factor.

Hmm yeah you're right, i did misinterpret what you meant.

Although they did answer the question in terms of the entire roster, not necessarily separated into season passes. So they may have settled on at least season 1 and 2 ... maybe 3 from a while ago but decided on who went where for different reasons.

Hair and voices for sure. Even if they just bring back the SC4 voices. But not in place of equipment. There's still a lot of basic pieces that we don't have that would allow for more varied customization. Hair wouldn't have the same level of variation, it's just hair.

Back