Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Also add Siegfried falls back into Nightmare 100% to SoulCalibur II events, that's pretty big, but yeah, SoulCalibur II is such a re-hash of SoulCalibur I events, it's really not much of anything, in and of itself. Weapon Master Mode, the non-canon mode, got most of the story development in that game.

I'm not really expecting it, but wouldn't it be neat if Amy's Soul Chronicle addition also did add new events for Siegfried and Nightmare?

I'm in agreement with the gist of your post with regard to Algol, but "SC2 proper" as a stort doesn't really amount to more than "Here's Raphael, Talim, Cassandra and Yun-seong." Three of them have been -- or are about to be -- delivered, and the fourth stands a pretty good chance of showing up.

Also, Amy's Soul Chronicle looks like it will actually show Raphael's duel with Nightmare, which occurred during SCII's events.

SCII was pretty light on plot and character developments overall, and from the look of where we are at the moment, all of those developments will be making their way into SCVI soon-ish.

Of course, your overall point about Algol is still correct. He not only doesn't currently have a body, his attempt to take the Conduit's was stopped.
Well, the basics of SC2 is that Siegfried becomes Nightmare once again, fights Kilik & X again, but this time wins against both, then a wild Raphael appears and stabs Soul Edge in the eye, still loses to Nightmare, also Siegfried manages to regain control and stabs Soul Edge with SoulCalibur, creating Soul Embrace.
That's not the most exiting story for being at large a rehash of SC1, but some important events still took place, also all the similarities are even more of a reason not not to put SC2 events into SC6 which already is a retelling of SC1 as is.
As I've previously suggested, the best course of action would be to make SC7 into a remake of both SC2 and SC3 combined, delegating SC2 stuff to the first establishing act of the story with SC3 stuff being the main course where things can actually get interesting and even divert from the original timeline due to Zasalamel changing his goals after receiving his own future knowledge from the original timeline.

I don't know if you are being facetious or not, but I can't see how that would be anything short of awesome. I've often wondered since SCV if we would eventually see Kazuya, since the other two prominent members of the Mishima line have been guests.
Nah I was just joking. As much as I like his character it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever

They could always ignore the Algol storyline covered in 4 and just go with his backstory using CAS characters but that is something Hilde cant really do. All that is left is individual interactions with characters through vs. modes but that doesnt have to make much sense. Fighting games never do.

Definitely agree on Amy's shawl. It's kind of like Seong Mi-na's sleeves, I wish they were usable without the undersized bikini top.

It feels like Azwel tapped into Amy's mind somehow, and will slowly assume control, and when her humanity is lost, she'll become Viola.

I'm also really hoping that we will be able to use "Dance of the Oracle" as fight music someday. If we go all the way through the soundtrack library, including getting the music from SoulCalibur V, and we still don't get that track, I will be very sad. Twice now, it's been used in specific context, and yet we can't use it in normal play. It doesn't even make sense for SoulCalibur VI, where all of the other event battle tracks have become unlockable.

They could always ignore the Algol storyline covered in 4 and just go with his backstory using CAS characters but that is something Hilde cant really do. All that is left is individual interactions with characters through vs. modes but that doesnt have to make much sense. Fighting games never do.
Or maybe they could improve upon it.

I'm so disappointed with the fact Amy's shawl is not a separate piece.... :c I am glad that the DLC solidified the fact that she's Viola,, though. Viola is imaged withing the orb, when Azwel captures Amy and says she will be his.
He'll likely make Viola as a clone (it would make sense for her to not have memories if she is just a clone), and Amy was fine afterwards, which means he didn't do any permanent damage.

Does Amy count as a SC3 character or a SC4 character? I know she's technically a SC3 character who became a full character in SC3 AE, and then got bit more unique in SC4....but since SC6 is really her first deep dive as full fledged character (SC4 budget left Amy and Rock in a rushed state)

I guess we'll know for sure when they show the games Amy has been in on twitter for her profile.

If she's considered SC4 then it's open season for Hilde and Algol as DLC

"Is that... truly so important to you? " — :sc4amy1:

Not really. I'm just trying to figure out if she's SC3 because this will let us know if they fulfill the "Our roster will be SC1-3" statement.

That would mean the final characters to complete this roster would be

SC1:
Rock
Hwang
Lizardman
SC2:
Yun seong
SC3:
Setsuka

6th character = Li Long, guest, Hilde, Algol or Viola???

Does Amy count as a SC3 character or a SC4 character? I know she's technically a SC3 character who became a full character in SC3 AE, and then got bit more unique in SC4....but since SC6 is really her first deep dive as full fledged character (SC4 budget left Amy and Rock in a rushed state)

I guess we'll know for sure when they show the games Amy has been in on twitter for her profile.

If she's considered SC4 then it's open season for Hilde and Algol as DLC
I would that say Amy is a SoulCalibur III character in the same way that Dampierre is a SoulCalibur IV character.

But even if they're calling her a SoulCalibur IV character, it doesn't mean anything about including Hilde or Algol, because their story doesn't kick off until SoulCalibur IV, while Amy's story started in SoulCalibur II, playable or not.

But even if they're calling her a SoulCalibur IV character, it doesn't mean anything about including Hilde or Algol, because their story doesn't kick off until SoulCalibur IV, while Amy's story started in SoulCalibur II, playable or not.
Retroactively Hilde's story started in SoulCalibur 1, playable or not.

Not really. I'm just trying to figure out if she's SC3 because this will let us know if they fulfill the "Our roster will be SC1-3" statement.

That would mean the final characters to complete this roster would be

SC1:
Rock
Hwang
Lizardman
SC2:
Yun seong
SC3:
Setsuka

6th character = Li Long, guest, Hilde, Algol or Viola???

Li long, I would bet, for a number of reasons. But to address the underlying topic that your question was getting at, I think it's safe to consider Amy an addition that the devs would classify as a classic character, presuming they have a thematic objective of getting those characters into the game before exploring post-SCIII characters and story arcs (and I think they do seem to have that priority). She is, afterall, introduced as character in SCII (in the first minute of the opening cinematic, no less) and is the only bonus character introduced in SCIII who went on to be a main roster style moving forward. Mind you, I do think they might have easily joined in Hilde's story at an earlier point in time than when we originally met her in SCIV, same as they did for some other characters here in SCVI. And indeed, I'm really hopeful that they will do exactly that, eventually, for a Season Three, should the serial content model for the game prove that successful. I certainly think Hilde's at the top of the list if it comes to that.

But regardless of whether or not they could have included her (and maybe also Algol) into SCVI's narrative for Season Two, I think the writing is on the wall that they almost certainly chose otherwise. I think your list is accurate and that Li Long (who does afterall yell out martial spirit shouts all the time) is 'Yell', and that they didn't call him 'Dragon' (which would be his obvious codename following the pattern of the others) because it might cause confusion with regard to Lizardman, since the last time we saw Aeon he was flying and breathing fire. However, I hold out a distant hope that the game will stay successful enough that we might see a third season that would introduce Hilde, Algol, Viola, and a third guest, along with two last CaS packages. That's getting into pipe dream territory, I suppose, but then again, they have really surprised be with the amount of further post-release content that has already been hinted at. But if at the end of the day what we end up with is all of the SE-SCIII:AE main roster characters, plus two new originals, plus two guests, that will be a pretty stellar accomplishment, Hilde or no Hilde.

Last edited:
something something Li Long is Yell something something season three speculation

I mostly feel like your season three aspirations will be reserved for SoulCalibur VII, for proper narrative cohesion. Including Viola in particular would just be bizarre in a situation that Viola isn't a clone of Amy, because if the implication is that Amy is going to become Viola as she loses more of her memory and becomes Azwel's puppet, which is my current expectation, then it doesn't make sense to timeskip to that part instead of contextualizing it properly in the next game's story. They tried way too hard to shut down Algol to turn around and say, oh hey, Algol's here, and Dampierre is a literal clown. Hilde is the only one who is realistically feasible, but her big moment is coming out to put an end to Algol's conflict, so again, I feel like she'll be saved for the sequel.

I honestly don't really mind who the sixth character is as long as it is not rock. I just don't see how they're going to keep him using the same weapon while differentiating him from Asta.people say that they could change his weapon but he would lose a lot of identity in that way. Personally I am hoping for viola but any other character would be fine. At least we know Algol's stuff, if he is going to be in, will be available, if not his style.

I mostly feel like your season three aspirations will be reserved for SoulCalibur VII, for proper narrative cohesion. Including Viola in particular would just be bizarre in a situation that Viola isn't a clone of Amy, because if the implication is that Amy is going to become Viola as she loses more of her memory and becomes Azwel's puppet, which is my current expectation, then it doesn't make sense to timeskip to that part instead of contextualizing it properly in the next game's story. They tried way too hard to shut down Algol to turn around and say, oh hey, Algol's here, and Dampierre is a literal clown. Hilde is the only one who is realistically feasible, but her big moment is coming out to put an end to Algol's conflict, so again, I feel like she'll be saved for the sequel.

Well, as I already said myself, it's probable that this will be how things end up fleshing out, because I just don't think PS are preparing for a season three and the core staff is going to have to be shifted away from continuing support for this game in favour of other projects, eventually. So to the extent that there's realistically only going to be so many more characters added in the projected second season pass, I agree it's almost certain that they will favour the classic characters over anyone introduced post-SCIII--and that they have given every hint that this is exactly what they are doing. But don't kid yourself, if they had the free staff and were finding the serial content for SCVI lucrative, they wouldn't hesitate for a second to bring back remaining popular characters just because of some thematic constraint. I mean, if it came to that point, I'm sure they would happily just expand the period of time covered by the events of SCVI. Alas, I'd be surprised if even their zealous approach to the post-release support of this game will go as far as a Season Three. One can hope however.

I honestly don't really mind who the sixth character is as long as it is not rock. I just don't see how they're going to keep him using the same weapon while differentiating him from Asta.people say that they could change his weapon but he would lose a lot of identity in that way. Personally I am hoping for viola but any other character would be fine. At least we know Algol's stuff, if he is going to be in, will be available, if not his style.
I think you'd better be prepared for disappointment then, because I'd say Rock is a virtual lock, given the evidence we have. Kind of a surprising turn of events given how portions of his moveset were rolled into Astaroth, I agree. But given how much this team is enjoying monkeying around with the classic styles (to....mixed results, in my impression) I think they could easily make it work. There's no reason they can't, as a stylistic matter, give him his mace/massive stone warhammer. I think Aeon is likely to end up switching from his sword to the axe earlier than he did in the original narrative, based on what we have seen of the Lesser Lizardman style, so I don't think they are following strict fidelity to the original run of games in that respect. I think he'll be fine, in the final analysis. He still has the vast majority of his moves, even if we assume the ones given to Asta are his alone now. As an example, they made shit-tons of new animations for Amy--most of which (minus the flowers) are pretty faithful to her general style. I mean, the truth is, Rock was so low tier in SCIV that you would have to really mess up to make his fans more disappointed this time around!

Well, as I already said myself, it's probable that this will be how things end up fleshing out, because I just don't think PS are preparing for a season three and the core staff is going to have to be shifted away from continuing support for this game in favour of other projects, eventually. So to the extent that there's realistically only going to be so many more characters added in the projected second season pass, I agree it's almost certain that they will favour the classic characters over anyone introduced post-SCIII--and that they have given every hint that this is exactly what they are doing. But don't kid yourself, if they had the free staff and were finding the serial content for SCVI lucrative, they wouldn't hesitate for a second to bring back remaining popular characters just because of some thematic constraint. I mean, if it came to that point, I'm sure they would happily just expand the period of time covered by the events of SCVI. Alas, I'd be surprised if even their zealous approach to the post-release support of this game will go as far as a Season Three. One can hope however.

I think you'd better be prepared for disappointment then, because I'd say Rock is a virtual lock, given the evidence we have. Kind of a surprising turn of events given how portions of his moveset were rolled into Astaroth, I agree. But given how much this team is enjoying monkeying around with the classic styles (to....mixed results, in my impression) I think they could easily make it work. There's no reason they can't, as a stylistic matter, give him his mace/massive stone warhammer. I think Aeon is likely to end up switching from his sword to the axe earlier than he did in the original narrative, based on what we have seen of the Lesser Lizardman style, so I don't think they are following strict fidelity to the original run of games in that respect. I think he'll be fine, in the final analysis. He still has the vast majority of his moves, even if we assume the ones given to Asta are his alone now. As an example, they made shit-tons of new animations for Amy--most of which (minus the flowers) are pretty faithful to her general style. I mean, the truth is, Rock was so low tier in SCIV that you would have to really mess up to make his fans more disappointed this time around!
There is substantial evidence but I can't see anyone other than rock conquerer having a celebration at rocks reveal. Honestly though, fir me the roster just keeps getting better and better. I keep thinking to myself that the roster is. Perfect, then I remember there's more characters, and I start squeeing like a little girl. If they do what they did with Amy, great. I'm just not expecting much from to rock. I've kinda forgotten rock exists a couple times, but I guess if I have low expectations, PS will blow me out of the park.

Back