Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I'm not seeing it. I can't see Rock making it in before someone with marketability is added. That's just how it is.

Algol (and Hilde) surely is (are) returning in SoulCalibur VII, though. There's not really any getting around that. Dampierre is a maybe, but he is a fun and unique style, even if he is quite goofy and trollish. I also like the possibility to actually give him love and attention as a real character, going into his stories with Alphard, Gisele, and Rudovigo, and perhaps having those three playable as well.

If Aeon and Rock just get CaS'd and lose their storylines, that would make me a sad panda.

And I really can't see Hilde in SoulCalibur VI, despite her popularity and unique weapon style. It'll just take away from her big moment in SoulCalibur VII, coming off the throne to confront Algol. Maybe I care more about the story than they do, but this is a big deal, in my opinion.

Rock makes sense for the grey color block just as much as Hilde, if the colors are to be believed. Hwang and Setsuka are practically locks, though.

I'd personally rather see Aeon than Rock for this season, though, if only to usher in not only his own but also a good amount of lizard CaS content.

I just want to be able to play as setsuka again. I mean, I personally prefer alpha pat's style, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to live much longer without that damn iaido style. Haohmaru is ok, but I don't really play guests.
If we're talking about marketability, I'm calling Hilde and Setsuka. Can't think of any other waifus, so I'm guessing Yun, or hwang in a fanservicey costume. Then haohmaru on top of that. I guess they could sneak viola in if they want another waifu pack, but I want hwang more personally.

I hope they have one pack that comes with 2p costumes, or at least retro costumes for our current fighters. It kinda sucks that only 2B, Cass, Amy, Tira, and Sieg have a 2P.

I'm not seeing it. I can't see Rock making it in before someone with marketability is added. That's just how it is.

? And a new character no one has ever seen before will be more marketable than a character that's already (if not extremely well) known? Not to mention the fact that they've proved with Season 1 they're taking an extreme amount of effort to individualise characters and give them their own distinct styles, see: Raphael --> Amy, Sophitia --> Cassandra; not that these characters weren't already unique, but SC6 took it a step further. They could easily do this for Rock too. I don't see how a new character would be any more marketable than him; if they were to put in the effort to make her look cool and be able to appeal to an audience with her, what would stop them from being able to do that with Rock? Plenty of innovative things they can do with him, they've proven that already as I've said.
I say all of this as someone who cares nothing for Rock.

For me i'm 99% sure one will be Setsuka, and 80% for Hwang (i feel he has more chances than Yun, but you never know), those 2 are best bets imo.

Then 3rd maybe Hilde or Lizardman, i think those has the more chances than any other SC characters. Or i still think there is a chance it will be a brand new character.

? And a new character no one has ever seen before will be more marketable than a character that's already (if not extremely well) known? Not to mention the fact that they've proved with Season 1 they're taking an extreme amount of effort to individualise characters and give them their own distinct styles, see: Raphael --> Amy, Sophitia --> Cassandra; not that these characters weren't already unique, but SC6 took it a step further. They could easily do this for Rock too. I don't see how a new character would be any more marketable than him; if they were to put in the effort to make her look cool and be able to appeal to an audience with her, what would stop them from being able to do that with Rock? Plenty of innovative things they can do with him, they've proven that already as I've said.
I say all of this as someone who cares nothing for Rock.
I don't see why not, but I don't really know what they could do, without him losing his identity as super beefcake man. Also people really like female characters. Who knows though. I just like bigger rosters.

I don't see why not, but I don't really know what they could do, without him losing his identity as super beefcake man. Also people really like female characters. Who knows though. I just like bigger rosters.

I was thinking to myself as I was posting that, that maybe they could implement some kind of animal spirit mechanic with him? Maybe the slightest bit similar to Nightwolf from Mortal Kombat? Instead of just characterising him as beef dude who wears animal heads, they could actually focus his moveset around wildlife and nature, while retaining the barbarian grapple sort of play style of course. I thought to myself "what could they do with Amy so people won't see her as a clone" (even though she's not), but then came the rose mechanic. They're perfectly capable of thinking up anything, honestly. Wouldn't have expected the stuff they pulled with Cassandra's power up mechanic either.

Cassandra's power up mechanic is kind of... weird, though, if we're being fair about it. The powers are bestowed upon Omega Sword & Owl Shield, and there's not really any reason for Cassandra to just "have" those powers, when she's using any of her other weapons. You can argue that none of the alternate weapons are ever really canon, so she's always using the Omega Sword & Owl Shield, regardless of what weapon you actually picked for her, but the end of her story has her returning the sword and shield back to where it came, before the wedding.

She'll retain this if she keeps Omega Sword but gets Nemea Shield moving forward into SoulCalibur VII, sure, but if Rothion makes her the Digamma Sword, it was always my understanding that this weapon was not blessed by Hephaestus, unless the narrative is now that Cassandra can call upon the gods if she so chooses, though this absolutely wasn't the case before. Though Astral Chaos Cassandra could certainly use the powers, this would be a gameplay limitation, since they wouldn't make another version of the moveset just for two fights.

again, again, again...
  1. :sc3hwang1::sc2mit1::sc2liz1::sc2tak2:
  2. :sc3hwang1::sc2mit1::sc4roc1::sc2tak2:
  3. :sc3hwang1::sc2mit1::sc3set1::sc2rap3:
  4. :sc3hwang1::sc2mit1::sc3set1::sc4hil1:
  5. :sc2yun2::sc2mit1::sc3set1::sc2tak2:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|:sc2mit1:(Haohmaru) |:sc2rap3:(New Boy)|:sc2tak2:(New Girl)|

K. : And three legacy characters.
M.O. : Maybe ?
K. : Or maybe a new one ?
M.O. : (long pause, hesitant) You’ll see ! Please wait !
:sc2rap3: ?:sc2tak2:?

I saw the interview. I think Okubo is trolling.

Though if he’s not, 3, with the new boy being Lucius, I’m okay with that.

Back