Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I would be slightly disappointed if they just gave us stage variants with no new music or remixes. Part of the cool things about Tekken 5 DR and SCV is that even when we had basically the same stage in new textures they gave us a new music track to give the stage a different feel.

Even then, every character had their own theme. Dampierre and Devil Jin shared stages with Pat and Ezio but had their own tracks.
Unfortunately, everyone couldn’t get their own stage this time around along with their own themes. FeelsBadMan.

The thing that I think is odd if there are different times of day stages added as separate stages, is that some of the stages right now already have cycles, like Shrine of Eurydice and Master Swordsman's Cave. It would make more sense if they're "completing" the stages by giving all or most of them cycles, more than it being a "new stage" that's always a different daytime.
It feels to me that the time of day to them at least is something they're probably forgetting?
I think these stages are going to be delivered as their own thing rather than supplemental to the current stages, my main reason for this belief being story mode. Story mode always depicts a forest in day but we never fight in one, so for new DLC stories I imagine this will be used as a new stage?

Just my assumption though. It would be nice if they were completing the stages though. At the same I'd feel it'd be deceptive of them to act like they're giving us new stages.
I think they'll be separated in large also because of the music, "Moon of Oblivion" can't really make sense without the night in my opinion and the stage seems quite exclusive thematically to Amy and Raphael, at least in my eyes.

Hope we still get more going forward, I'll take any little variety however it comes honestly!

I would be slightly disappointed if they just gave us stage variants with no new music or remixes. Part of the cool things about Tekken 5 DR and SCV is that even when we had basically the same stage in new textures they gave us a new music track to give the stage a different feel.

I'd hope with my heart we got some kind of Tekken 7 jukebox mixed with DOA5's music system.
I'd like the choice to play music by character or stage and even pick final round themes etc.
I doubt Soulcalibur would leave us hanging with music though in this case, I doubt they would.

It feels to me that the time of day to them at least is something they're probably forgetting?
I think these stages are going to be delivered as their own thing rather than supplemental to the current stages, my main reason for this belief being story mode. Story mode always depicts a forest in day but we never fight in one, so for new DLC stories I imagine this will be used as a new stage?

Just my assumption though. It would be nice if they were completing the stages though. At the same I'd feel it'd be deceptive of them to act like they're giving us new stages.
I think they'll be separated in large also because of the music, "Moon of Oblivion" can't really make sense without the night in my opinion and the stage seems quite exclusive thematically to Amy and Raphael, at least in my eyes.

Hope we still get more going forward, I'll take any little variety however it comes honestly!

I'd hope with my heart we got some kind of Tekken 7 jukebox mixed with DOA5's music system.
I'd like the choice to play music by character or stage and even pick final round themes etc.
I doubt Soulcalibur would leave us hanging with music though in this case, I doubt they would.
The DOA system would be great! Honestly I'm surprised we don't have it yet

I've been curious about that, too. There's probably going to be new music for the brand new stages, but the variants of existing stages might just use whatever song the original stage had. Which would kinda suck, because Moon of Oblivion doesn't work nearly as well when there's no moon:

NKqW098mwch0I3ZjSSEZIjKxn5hnWjNf9tPReCm2mJfcr6NBqj2qniiwdWAP4i1eYgQMTG2xz9hVvu5Q.jpg

(Side note, this stage looks absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to take a dozen Ansel screenshots there once it comes out.)

I'm not sure how viable this would be, but maybe instead of creating entirely new songs for the S2 stage variants, they could redo the existing songs with new instruments and such? It'd be a decent compromise between brand new songs and existing-but-unfitting music for the altered stages.
Source?

I know it's boring made a speculative roster every time, but I'll have to change my lineup again:
:sc3hwang1::sc2mit1::sc3set1::sc1liz1:
I don't think we'll have a season 3, especially because the best characters are already in game or have been coming. Is better spending their time and money in the next game ~SC VII, but if if if if:
:sc2tak2::5::sc4hil1::sc4roc1: or :sc2maxi2::5::sc4hil1::sc4roc1: or :sc2tak2::5::sc2maxi2::sc4roc1:

I know it's boring made a speculative roster every time, but I'll have to change my lineup again:
:sc3hwang1::sc2mit1::sc3set1::sc1liz1:
I don't think we'll have a season 3, especially because the best characters are already in game or have been coming. Is better spending their time and money in the next game ~SC VII, but if if if if:
:sc2tak2::5::sc4hil1::sc4roc1: or :sc2maxi2::5::sc4hil1::sc4roc1: or :sc2tak2::5::sc2maxi2::sc4roc1:
SCVII is not coming for years and years; I can pretty much guarantee you that, no matter how many wish fulfillment fantasies Dante tries to respond to this message with, ignoring the decades long trend for this franchise, every scrap of evidence, and every market and technical factor that converge to establish that you will see SCVII in 2023 at the absolute earliest. :) (the smilie is for Dante, not for the notion of it being so long; all things being equal, I'd love to see the game sooner, but for about twenty compelling reasons I've covered here previously and won't bore with again, it's just not realistic). Beyond that, even if we were living in a fantasy timeline where SCVII was just two or three years away, I'd say that's still a poor reason to want them to throw in the towel on continuing support for this game (which is the last thing they want to do as this is a critical moment for their area of the industry, where they have an opportunity to break free of the traditional model that has trapped them between a rock (rising production costs) and a hard place (the industry soft cap on what you can charge for the base game).

But regardless of their distribution models and how they will ultimately shape entries going forward, there's an amazing opportunity here: to put together the entire classic main roster cast of SE-SCIII:AE, plus Azwel, Groh, three guests, and possibly a fourth guest or Hilde. The opportunity for the best roster in franchise history is not, in my opinion, something we should want them to abort just so they can get to the next game quicker--even if it were the case that they would go straight to work on the next entry, which definitely is not the case. And mind you, I say this as someone who has quite a few qualms about SCVI and considers it a middle-of-the-pack entry for the series. But even being of that opinion, and even if I knew for a fact that they were going to start up work on SCVII immediately after finishing continuing support on SCVI, and even if I could go into the future and be convinced that SCVII is going to be a far superior game overall, I would still want them to complete the close to idealized roster they are on the verge of constituting for SCVI.

But putting aside what we each think they "should" do, I'm pretty sure there will be a season 3, and I'm pretty sure the combined seasons 2&3 will be composed of the following, in terms of characters: Aeon/Lizardman, Haomaru, Hwang, Li Long, Rock, Setsuka, Yun-seong, and the last spot likely going to a fourth guest, but with an outside chance for Hilde instead. If I had to place a bet, I'd say those are the safest options, given all evidence to date.

Last edited:
No fans asking for his return, no plot relevance with high chances that his moveset and weapons makes part from Hwang arsenal. This boy don't have any chances, to be honest, if he had chances he should be on main roster.

But Yun-Seong is the highest veteran vote count on the poll!

Honestly though, I feel like I'm a part of the minority that wants both Hwang and Yun-seong in the game. The reason I want Hwang in the game to begin with isn't because of his character, it's because of how Assassin played in SoulCalibur II and it was a lot more enjoyable than Yun-seong. It got to the point where I would much rather play a generic no-name Assassin character than an actual fleshed out character such as Yun-seong in SoulCalibur II. The two movesets are just that different. I would say it's more so than Berserker(Rock)/Astaroth and Lizardman(Aeon)/Sophitia in SoulCalibur II.

I'm all for Yun-seong in Season 3. I just prefer Hwang for his moveset a lot more. Hell, if they slap that moveset in Yun-seong and not include Hwang then it's all good for me. I wouldn't care about Hwang at all because I got my long lost moveset back in the game lol.

I don't know why everyone here is so obsessed with Yun-seong now. Nobody really wanted him back.
R.I.P Hong Yun-seong :sc2yun2:

Last edited:
I find Yun-Seong fun to play, more so than Hwang due to his better mobility and evasion.

In terms of story, I prefer Hwang since he was active during the time before SC3 (otherwise known as the point where all the extra characters got culled from the plot).

I mean, I prefer hwang, but I'm more than happy either way really. I just want more characters to play. Except rock. Other people want their mains, so I'm more than happy to buy the season pass twice or thrice for that to happen.

I don't know why everyone here is so obsessed with Yun-seong now. Nobody really wanted him back.
R.I.P Hong Yun-seong :sc2yun2:
It’s not all that complicated, really. If we had six returning slots, it’s easy to include both. But with only three, not so much. Hwang has the edge on Yun-seong in a limited space scenario, but they could both fit, given unlimited space. Like if we had nine returning slots, I would easily include Algol, Dampierre, and Hilde, but not before then.

Back