Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Well of course i think it works. Being restricted to not being able to use A moves or B moves while holding a button is what balances the charge moves.
The fact that she has charge moves makes her pretty much the only long range poke character and also makes her fun to play. Balance wise it isnt a problem either yea she was dumb in 4 but literally every new addition has been dumb so far. In 5 she was completely balanced. If you remove the charge mechanic from hilde her moveset doesnt work anymore. I cant see a problem with having a charge mechanic like that in the game and so far i havent seen you make an argument as to why it doesnt work in your opinion because it obviously does judging from past games.

Last edited:
so far i havent seen you make an argument as to why it doesnt work

I said it's restrictive in a bad way and unfun but if you want more then one example is locking unblockables behind 15 second charge time which isn't good game design for a fighting game. Not only that but in SC6 right now there are already examples of satisfying ways for Hilde to work like Zasalamel's 4B on counter which then unlocks another B hit which can also unlock another B hit if you just frame it. Conditioning your opponent to get those sweet sweet counter hits will feel amazing to pull off unlike charging which is more about waiting for stuff to unlock.

Well to me it sounds like you just dont like charge characters. So i got an idea for ya. How about just not playing hilde ? Non of the the stuff you said there was a valid point it all just came to down to you saying charge characters arent fun so lets use a different method for it and thats it. Its not like anyone forces you to play the character. Also her unblockables whiel being locked behind a charge are equivalently as strong and fast when it comes to startup and there are barely any usable unblockables in the game anyway that arent slow as shit. So id even say her unblockables are among the best ones.

Last edited:
I have no problem with charge characters, the devil arms that you charge in Devil May Cry for example work because they have enemies that complement the mechanics.

Hilde has been toptier in sc4 and solid midtier in 5 so it obviously works whats the point here

Unrelated to Hilde, I really am hoping that some of the characters lose their new "uniqueness" introduced in SoulCalibur VI for SoulCalibur VII. I do not enjoy Divine Force Cassandra or Rose Amy. They were already unique enough on their own, not sure why they needed to be pressed to these new limits.

Divine Force would have made a lot more sense on Sophitia than Cassandra. I really don't feel like they sold the reasoning behind it at all. Rose Amy makes a bit more sense, but it just comes across as needless tedium to me, having to set up each battle before actually fighting for real.

Unrelated to Hilde, I really am hoping that some of the characters lose their new "uniqueness" introduced in SoulCalibur VI for SoulCalibur VII. I do not enjoy Divine Force Cassandra or Rose Amy. They were already unique enough on their own, not sure why they needed to be pressed to these new limits.

Divine Force would have made a lot more sense on Sophitia than Cassandra. I really don't feel like they sold the reasoning behind it at all. Rose Amy makes a bit more sense, but it just comes across as needless tedium to me, having to set up each battle before actually fighting for real.

This entirely. I've gotten used to it by now and use Amy as my main but I'm still not hooked on the idea of this kind of thing.
It becomes more annoying and tedious when you have to always level roses etc. Long run I don't find it particularly great.

I hope in SC7 they completely drop this stuff. I don't mind if Amy has to loose a few moves and get new ones instead or something like that but I just want a solid character that I don't have to repeat the same actions with just to gain access to more of my moves.
If SC6 went through the effort of getting rid of it though I'd be pretty horrified/shocked and pleasantly surprised, but it seems it would be too much effort for them to go through for already released characters.
I hope future characters are spared.

I really am hoping that some of the characters lose their new "uniqueness" introduced in SoulCalibur VI for SoulCalibur VII.
source.gif

If BAMCO announce a the 3rd season for SC, and they choose a Guilty Gear 2020 to a partnership, which of these twos you would like as guest?
New-Guilty-Gear_2019_09-12-19_001.png
New-Guilty-Gear_2019_09-12-19_002.png

Between these two I choose Sol Badguy, but I prefer Baiken or Axl.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: If don't like or want guest don't @ me, I think my question is very specific, so don't bother me.. T.T
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
If BAMCO announce a the 3rd season for SC, and they choose a Guilty Gear 2020 to a partnership, which of these twos you would like as guest?
View attachment 65680View attachment 65681
NOTE: If don't like or want guest don't @ me, I think my question is very specific, so don't bother me.. T.T
Nah, those two are lame. The real choice for a guest would be...
Bridget

Oh-lala~ Ky got a much needed hoo-ha makeover. T-they are both so handsome it is hard to choose. That being said these two are far better choices than Mitsurugi's twin brother that's for sure.

I would like to think they stop with the guest characters (it honestly dilutes the roster as a whole when looking forward) and instead add in a new character to show that the series can stand on its own without the help of a guest character to promote it. If we do ever get a Season 3 then it shows that SoulCalibur as a franchise can achieve enough success without the need of a guest.

Also, I would pick neither of those two since I'd rather see Baiken if it's a Guilty Gear character. (Here's hoping Baiken makes it in the upcoming Guilty Gear game)

I'd rather have an original character come back instead.

But why would they benefit from a Guilty Gear partnership? I don't know much about Guilty Gear, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of crossover appeal. I can kinda see it for Samurai Shodown, but not so much Guilty Gear. The thing to cash in on, I think, would be the Final Fantasy VII Remake. Maybe we can't get Cloud, because Smash has him on lockdown, perhaps, but maybe we could get Zack or Sephiroth or Tifa, though Tifa feels more like a Tekken character.

Back