Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Oh, no offense taken @DanteSC3! I’m always happy to see your responses to my wild ideas lol.

I agree with you that Project Soul has retold Soul Calibur with much more clarity and consistency. That is why I’m afraid to try to fit Viola in lol. I really enjoyed the stories in this game!

I admit, leaving her rapier behind to use an orb to fight is questionable lol. But, Viola’s bio does mention she feels an attachment to the orb. I wonder if she naturally knows that it is a weapon and uses it instead? Also, if she feels a draw to the orb, would Viola use a rapier she has never seen before?

Viola’s bio doesn’t seem to mention her learning to use the orb (as a weapon). But, a pilgriming(traveling) group teaches her how to read the stars (which I thought she knew how to do innately).

Although Amy transforms into Viola, she is still Amy (personality wise). This Soul Calibur seemed to emphasize not only Amy’s possible psychic abilities, but her clever/intuitive side as well. Maybe she taught herself to use the orb? She had a few (quick it seems) lessons with Raphael and became able to properly use her rapier to attack a trained assassin.

Viola’s use of the orb is kind of crafty (like Amy lol). It requires some strategy and intuition.

Still, I think your story is a lot more straightforward and clear: which is probably the best choice to make.

^
What have I done @_@. Sorry for all of the text again. Had to explain myself lol.

@Heniek I realize, of course, they can do whatever they want, and in addition to that, they’ve shown themselves to subvert expectations, using Hilde as an example. My personal negativity towards adding Hilde for lore reasons was rooted in the past, that Hilde’s reason to fight was to defeat Algol, commanding her own forces before then, but feeling compelled to act herself on this new threat.

It still will, I feel, make Algol feel less special in the long run, considering he won’t have a true protagonist to go against his role as antagonist. At least, not in the same way. Hilde’s ending did end up being the canon ending of SoulCalibur IV, after all, making her the hero instead of Siegfried. It’s not impossible that this still happens, of course, but the idea that Hilde rose up to defeat Algol as her main drive, and succeeded in that role, is far more heroic a tale than it is for her to have personally fought against and failed to defeat Nightmare in the past, though maybe it does make it more epic, I don’t know. Point being, I’m not sure who Algol’s “rival” is going to be now.

All I’m saying is that while Hilde was unexpected, Viola is far beyond unexpected, to the point of incredulity. It’s maybe possible to get Z.W.E.I., to establish his origin that is, for now, shrouded in mystery, but again, they have to save SOMETHING for SoulCalibur VII, else they won’t have justification to add new characters. Viola can also be one of those somethings, and given her ties to Z.W.E.I., it would make far more sense for them to be introduced together.

Hilde is a marketable character, to be sure, and would have been a strong selling point for the next game in the series. I understand that everyone wants every character back, but if they give us all the heavy hitters now versus later, then the next game feels like it won’t have as much shine.

Either that, or they’ll sell us a third of the roster back as DLC again...:sc5dam1:

Please don’t hate me lol:

I think Dampierre adds a lot of personality to the game. He’s not only bombastic, like Azwel, but his style of fighting is something to watch. I would like it if he were slightly more on the good side though lol.

I think Dampierre adds a lot of personality to the game.
I thought we were friends. omg, canceled..
8JzqhuY9bB3qzfH6.mp4_snapshot_00.19.100.jpg

Point being, I’m not sure who Algol’s “rival” is going to be now.
I'm pretty sure that's Mitsurugi and always has been Mitsurugi.
In the literal sense of the word, yes. But I put rival in quotes as a means to describe it in the way of hero versus villain, that sort of rivalry. Mitsurugi just wants a strong opponent, without any semblance of good and evil. That’s not really the marketing angle you go for when there’s a holy sword versus a dark sword. Mitsurugi just ends up disappointed at not being able to test his skills anyway, since the pesky heroes get in his way time and time again.

In the literal sense of the word, yes. But I put rival in quotes as a means to describe it in the way of hero versus villain, that sort of rivalry. Mitsurugi just wants a strong opponent, without any semblance of good and evil.
Hilde & Siegfried vs Nightmare clash already covers the good vs evil part of the story pretty well, Mitsurugi vs Algol being a little bit different makes it more interesting in my opinion when both battles literally occur at the same time.

Please don’t hate me lol:

I think Dampierre adds a lot of personality to the game. He’s not only bombastic, like Azwel, but his style of fighting is something to watch. I would like it if he were slightly more on the good side though lol.
I would be completely okay with Dampierre returning. I like having one joke character available in a fighting game, and Dampierre was fun to mess around with in SC5. That said, I'm also not really bothered if he doesn't end up in the game at all. Characters who are more popular should have priority.

@Dissidia Did you happen to see my post on Hwang/ Assassin in the general thread : )? If you ignored it, you can be honest lol. You are probably asking yourself, “ which one”. I post quite a bit about Hwang •_• lol. It’s the one with pictures of Soul Calibur 2 assassin. Not sure if I should repost it here. Don’t want to bother everyone lol.

Reposted & Edited for this thread:

The grey slot will really be a mystery. I don’t want to give Hwang fans (like me) false hope. But, like Soul mentioned, Hwang or someone else could be redesigned and have prominent grey in their outfit.

If Hwang is introduced, I feel as though his assassin/ninja look will be brought out more, especially since his model would be made from scratch (?).

With this, he could be using darker colors. In particular, I have been thinking about arm guards and leg guards (Silver) - not unlike two of Assassin’s alt costumes. Please forgive my wild guesses and this wall of text.

*Edit: Beserker ( Rock’s replacement) also wears armor. It could be a bonus character = armor = not important situation. Trying to avoid false hope while giving some lol

1572887165741.jpeg

1573173783631.jpeg

That would be such a lame cop-out, though, would really be a shame if that's what happened. They did include the in-reference to Assassin in Mi-na's story, but he used the same appearance that the Conduit does in the main story if you haven't started Libra of Soul yet, so the "Assassin" as featured in story already technically exists, but as with the rest of Hwang's appearances, didn't appear fighting. I really am not sure why they're jerking us around so much with Hwang, either give him to us or stop the teasing. If yellow's not Hwang, then pink doesn't have to be Setsuka... though it probably is.

That would be such a lame cop-out, though, would really be a shame if that's what happened. They did include the in-reference to Assassin in Mi-na's story, but he used the same appearance that the Conduit does in the main story if you haven't started Libra of Soul yet, so the "Assassin" as featured in story already technically exists, but as with the rest of Hwang's appearances, didn't appear fighting. I really am not sure why they're jerking us around so much with Hwang, either give him to us or stop the teasing. If yellow's not Hwang, then pink doesn't have to be Setsuka... though it probably is.

That’s true and I understand how you feel. It has not been easy being a Hwang fan.

I don’t mind the Hwang/Assassin transformation, but I can see how some may feel hesitant about it. Initially, I didn’t consider Hwang changing into Assassin (aesthetically and move-set-wise). But a few things pushed me here lol:

+ Appears as Assassin for a moment in Seong Mina’s story

+ Under this disguise, seems to be close to Fyugal Cestemus (A new story?)

+ Observation/Bias (lol): Kayane interviewed Mr. Okubo after announcing season 2. She asks him if all three characters in the season pass will be legacy characters. He pauses for a long time, hesitant the interviewer explains, then says “You’ll see! Please wait!”

- This could mean anything. But, last time he avoided the question of a new female character by Kayane we got 2B. Still, I can only guess lol.

+ With this interview in mind, I thought

- New character

- No new character

-Character we know, but new move-set ( Sparked ideas of Assassin)

- Hidden guest

+ With all of this, I thought about Hwang’s identity in Soul Calibur ( especially in relationship to Yun-Seong). If Hwang was to be brought back, I think Project Soul would realize just how similar Hwang and Yun-Seong are: Not just fighting style, but background and title( both labeled patriots)too. If Hwang was to comeback, Project Soul would likely try to make a significant distinction between him and Yun-Seong ( as they did with Amy, Cassandra, and Seong-Mina): something that kind of shows in his possible new story elements and Assassin aesthetic.

+ Finally, there is that Seong Dojang entry in the compendium that mentions secret, underground training techniques. This really pushed me to consider a new move-set for Hwang (being a very trusted member of the Dojang)

I still like Hwang’s normal design. Maybe he could occasionally disguise himself? Also, he doesn’t absolutely need Assassin to be interesting (opinion). He has a really good (in my opinion) story. Maybe they will just strengthen and refine that.

Wow, I really know how to type a lot lol •_•. If you read this, thank you : )!! I really enjoy talking about this stuff with everyone.

Disclaimer: My ideas are wild. Some would say insane lol. Hwang Fans (like me): This does not mean he will come to Soul Calibur. I just really hope he does : )!

That’s true and I understand how you feel. It has not been easy being a Hwang fan.

I don’t mind the Hwang/Assassin transformation, but I can see how some may feel hesitant about it. Initially, I didn’t consider Hwang changing into Assassin (aesthetically and move-set-wise). But a few things pushed me here lol:

+ Appears as Assassin for a moment in Seong Mina’s story

+ Under this disguise, seems to be close to Fyugal Cestemus (A new story?)

+ Observation/Bias (lol): Kayane interviewed Mr. Okubo after announcing season 2. She asks him if all three characters in the season pass will be legacy characters. He pauses for a long time, hesitant the interviewer explains, then says “You’ll see! Please wait!”

- This could mean anything. But, last time he avoided the question of a new female character by Kayane we got 2B. Still, I can only guess lol.

+ With this interview in mind, I thought

- New character

- No new character

-Character we know, but new move-set ( Sparked ideas of Assassin)

- Hidden guest

+ With all of this, I thought about Hwang’s identity in Soul Calibur ( especially in relationship to Yun-Seong). If Hwang was to be brought back, I think Project Soul would realize just how similar Hwang and Yun-Seong are: Not just fighting style, but background and title( both labeled patriots)too. If Hwang was to comeback, Project Soul would likely try to make a significant distinction between him and Yun-Seong ( as they did with Amy, Cassandra, and Seong-Mina): something that kind of shows in his possible new story elements and Assassin aesthetic.

+ Finally, there is that Seong Dojang entry in the compendium that mentions secret, underground training techniques. This really pushed me to consider a new move-set for Hwang (being a very trusted member of the Dojang)

I still like Hwang’s normal design. Maybe he could occasionally disguise himself?

Wow, I really know how to type a lot lol _. If you read this, thank you : )!! I really enjoy talking about this stuff with everyone.

Disclaimer: My ideas are wild. Some would say insane lol. Hwang Fans (like me): This does not mean he will come to Soul Calibur. I just really hope he does : )!
I think the most you are likely to get in this vein is one of those alternate colour pseudo-2Ps. You know, like Mitsu has the Arthur eyepatch in his one alt, and Sophitia has the malfested eyes: maybe you get a lower face mask with Hwang's third colour option. And yeah, maybe he does go undercover in his alter-ego in the soul Chronicle. But full-on Assassin as his default presentation? I wouldn't say that's very likely.

I think the most you are likely to get in this vein is one of those alternate colour pseudo-2Ps. You know, like Mitsu has the Arthur eyepatch in his one alt, and Sophitia has the malfested eyes: maybe you get a lower face mask with Hwang's third colour option. And yeah, maybe he does go undercover in his alter-ego in the soul Chronicle. But full-on Assassin as his default presentation? I wouldn't say that's very likely.

Ohh, I’m glad you pointed that (his face covering) out! I’m not sure if they will transition him into Assassin, but covering his entire face would hurt me lol. I welcome changes to the Assassin design if they were to adopt it. I am also ok with Project Soul (almost) completely avoiding the Assassin look. But, it would be interesting. I didn’t realize this before, but a lot of Hwang’s story ( at least on the wiki: is that a good source of info?) seems to be him being an agent of sorts: Sent out by his country to complete a mission.

Edit made: I mentioned how Hwang’s story made him seem spy-like. But, after checking, that is not right. He is more like an agent. Closest thing I can think of is something between Groh and Xianghua. Not a spy, but not just a member of the military either.

Last edited:
It does look like there is a slight variance from the previous image and the one seen in Hilde's trailer, but it still looks pretty pink, just a bit more saturated:

maxresdefault.jpg

e8AJzKc.jpg

It does seem maybe a bit less pink, a bit more red, but if you look at the creation parts icon, it's still clearly pink either way. Compare Haohmaru's red.

Back